1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, maybe the term "butchered" is a bit extreme, but in my opinion the final production is not nearly as good compared to the proto, which i think (and apparently many others) is the far superior one...I dunno if it's the actual sculpt itself, or perhaps just a weaker paint app...but it's not as good I'm afraid.

:lol

Cancelled this a while ago, just 'coz of trying to ratchet back and couldn't get with Hawkeye - re FILM - doing Asian. I mean I think of him as the archer in purple mostly.

If the sculpt has been out of the park might've changed my mind. But I can't unsee it either. *Shrug* I like Hawkeye just fine but couldn't deal with the price either. Congrats to those picking this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, maybe the term "butchered" is a bit extreme, but in my opinion the final production is not nearly as good compared to the proto, which i think (and apparently many others) is the far superior one...I dunno if it's the actual sculpt itself, or perhaps just a weaker paint app...but it's not as good I'm afraid.

I can see Luke Evans in the prototype as well as in the final version, so that's hardly a factor in dismissing the production sculpt. And I'm pretty sure the only person calling him *edited comment* is YOU!!! :lol If you don't want the figure that's fine - you don't need to fabricate reasons. Hell, since day one I've thought that Renner looked ridiculous with that haircut, but I love the masked Ronin look so I'm not bothered.

I can see Luke Evans in the prototype as well as in the final version, so that's hardly a factor in dismissing the production sculpt. And I'm pretty sure the only person calling him Asian Hawkeye/Slanteye is YOU!!! :lol If you don't want the figure that's fine - you don't need to fabricate reasons. Hell, since day one I've thought that Renner looked ridiculous with that haircut, but I love the masked Ronin look so I'm not bothered.

Lmaooo, yeah you're right I'm totally the only one calling him *edited comment*, although I have seen many others refer to this sculpt as having an Asian look to it.

Anyways I actually really did want this one. I was absolutely blown away by the likeness on the proto, but alas, this final production headsculpt is now the reality I must face. I need to watch some more review videos. Maybe the more I see, it'll help change my against this figure, but so far they really aren't winning me over.

I feel like this is an IW Cap situation again, where I was like dang, this is a unique look I must own, but then HT unveils the weak headsculpt that I can't justify dropping that kind of money on a fig I just don't LOVE!!!

We'll see though. Right now I'm leaning towards no...and the silver lining is I get to save money, especially after dropping over a G on Hulkbuster, which busted my wallet! :gah:

Hmm, looking through some photos of the real life suit the elbow pads are attached/part of the costume...kind of a head scratcher why HT would do the pads the way they did...

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.34.26 AM.jpg

This figure looks great . I would get it if I didn't already have an ant man. I wouldn't display any man without the helmet anyway so I wouldn't be crying about the head sculpt

This figure looks great . I would get it if I didn't already have an ant man. I wouldn't display any man without the helmet anyway so I wouldn't be crying about the head sculpt

Agreed. The elbow pads are odd, but the masked figure is top notch and the best Ant-Man.

I'm going to await the Endgame Antman.
You know that will be coming and most likely revealed at Sideshows virtual Con,with a newer improved non smiling headsculpt 😁

I'm going to await the Endgame Antman.
You know that will be coming and most likely revealed at Sideshows virtual Con,with a newer improved non smiling headsculpt ��

I don't think that will ever happen. Expect new ant-man figure when the Ant-Man 3 movie releases, not sooner.

I seriously doubt that will happen. Still waiting for that Infinity War version of Scarlet Witch and Falcon :monkey3

Unless they make 1/4 scale figure of him as Giant man (i don't know what scale you'd call that) They could include that giant Leviathan serpent he punched in the face (maybe just slightly shrunk down) And a couple miniature Avengers figures to stand around him. Actually, I would absolutely buy this. And they wouldn't even need an unmasked sculpt.

I seriously doubt that will happen. Still waiting for that Infinity War version of Scarlet Witch and Falcon :monkey3

Unless they make 1/4 scale figure of him as Giant man (i don't know what scale you'd call that) They could include that giant Leviathan serpent he punched in the face (maybe just slightly shrunk down) And a couple miniature Avengers figures to stand around him. Actually, I would absolutely buy this. And they wouldn't even need an unmasked sculpt.

I caved about a year ago and payed through the nose for Civil War Falcon. I have a modified AoU Scarlet Witch standing in for her Infinity War version but would really like to have a proper IW Scarlet Witch. Falcon is pretty close to the IW/EG costume so I'm good with that one, other than the gross markup I paid. :)

Just got my figure and the sculpt doesn't look as bad in natural lighting. The likeness to Paul Rudd is DEFINITELY there but the teeth is what makes it strange. Displayed him still with the unmasked head sculpt since I display all my figures unmasked. Will update the thread with pictures soon!

Back