1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is there a face underneath the helmet head?

There's eyes at least, the helmet sculpt is spot on

3jFMaY0.jpg

sDLwPxH.jpg

Woke up this morning to see Antman finally dropped. I thought I must have been having a nightmare when I flipped to the headsculpt pics. This is much worse than the BP headsculpt imo. It was still low grade but passable. But this?

Lol he looks like Norman bates at the end of the movie when he smiles and they show his mothers skeleton

So here's a serious question, do you guys think the smiling headsculpt is gonna have a major impact on overall sales???

So here's a serious question, do you guys think the smiling headsculpt is gonna have a major impact on overall sales???

I wouldn?t be surprised. I also see the original one possibly going up in price now after this atrocity. Shame cause the rest looks great.

I wouldn?t be surprised. I also see the original one possibly going up in price now after this atrocity. Shame cause the rest looks great.

I agree, based on these photos below the figure still looks great...but man that smiling sculpt is so jarring that it really depreciates the overall value of the entire package.

3jFMaY0.jpg

sDLwPxH.jpg

I don?t know, I feel like the unmasked sculpt looks enough like Rudd and is really just ruined by the ****** teeth. We obviously shouldn?t have to do this, but maybe if they?re sculpted separately from the head you could remove them and replace them with a better sculpted set of dentures (?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even trying to justify this awful sculpt because it really is bad.

But is it being bad really something that would make people cancel their order?

If I was getting an Ant-Man figure I would be getting it to display him with his helmet on. I think people deserve a better sculpt for sure but I personally wouldn't really have it be something that I cancel the order over when I like his overall costume.

Having him on display with the Wasp is cool enough.

ant-man-and-the-wasp-concept-art.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

the-wasp_marvel_gallery_5c4c1aaf8ae60.jpg

Now i'm scared how bad wasp's hs will be. I mean the non helmeted hs was never what i cared about with this figure anyway, but still :horror.

The proto of the Wasp headsculpt was always subpar at best...which means it's gonna suck equally once the final product is revealed.

They need to fire the sculpter who did Ruddgate. :slap

I reluctantly cancelled this a while back as I was looking to cut back on some orders. Seeing the final product shots make me glad this one didn’t make the cut. I‘d like an Ant-Man, and the suit and helmeted sculpt is okay, but dear lord is that unmasked sculpt bad. Not sure who approved that. No wonder they didn’t show any pictures of it beforehand. I don’t usually give Hot Toys a lot of crap as I think they generally do pretty good, but this just isn’t great at all.

I reluctantly cancelled this a while back as I was looking to cut back on some orders. Seeing the final product shots make me glad this one didn’t make the cut. I‘d like an Ant-Man, and the suit and helmeted sculpt is okay, but dear lord is that unmasked sculpt bad. Not sure who approved that. No wonder they didn’t show any pictures of it beforehand. I don’t usually give Hot Toys a lot of crap as I think they generally do pretty good, but this just isn’t great at all.

Yeah totally. What's happening over there ? Is Howard on holiday ?

First those crappy Jawa display stands, now this.

I'm sure Justin will sing the headsculpt's praises once his review video drops! :lol

"absolutely nailed it"

I kind of miss the mesmerizing hand waving of optibotimus' reviews. Could you imagine buying a car from that guy? It would be just a blur of hand waving, hurricanes on the other side of the world...

You know that its possible that hot toys employees are so overworked when Chan comes around their smiles actually look like this. Its actually a secret cry for help!

i was trying to decide between the mk47 re-issue and ant-man. Hesitating on the mk47 re-issue since i've already got the concept art and considered scott since i really loved his character in Endgame. but then face-gate happened... hoping for deep discounts if this becomes a shelf warmer.

I'm sure Justin will sing the headsculpt's praises once his review video drops! :lol

"This figure is amazing. Hot Toys absolutely nailed it yet again and i can't even express how much i love this new sculpt".

He is just a generator of random words for Hot Toys praise.

Back