1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man and the Wasp - Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm after a small Ant Man to go with my 1/6 Hot Toys Avengers. Doesn't have to be 1/6 small. But what are the best quality out there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at the new Marvel select Disney store exclusive Wasp figure. She has two micro figs of her and Scott with it. There's also a matching Scott with micro Janet, Hank, and Scott.

Alternatively you could try the Iron Studios BDS Scott and Hope statues. They're very cool.

I'm toying around with which smaller ones to get, and these sets are increasingly interesting to me.

I would go with S.H. Figuarts.

Look at the new Marvel select Disney store exclusive Wasp figure. She has two micro figs of her and Scott with it. There's also a matching Scott with micro Janet, Hank, and Scott.

Alternatively you could try the Iron Studios BDS Scott and Hope statues. They're very cool.

I'm toying around with which smaller ones to get, and these sets are increasingly interesting to me.

Thanks guys I'll check those out. SH Figuarts are always pretty good quality.

Thanks guys I'll check those out. SH Figuarts are always pretty good quality.

Generally, yes. The finishes and paint usually pair well with Hot Toys. I used to display an SHF Mark 43 with my old plastic HT Mk IV. It was a fun complementary piece, all posed up in action next to the museum-posed HT.

I kind of regret missing the figure from the first film, but feel like this one is still pretty good. Thinking about grabbing him. Not sure about Wasp yet. Of the three Ant-Man figures I feel like this and the first are the best. Not a fan of the Civil War version.

I kind of regret missing the figure from the first film, but feel like this one is still pretty good. Thinking about grabbing him. Not sure about Wasp yet. Of the three Ant-Man figures I feel like this and the first are the best. Not a fan of the Civil War version.

Most people here share that opinion.

I think this and the first suit are awesome. But for me personally, I give a slight edge to this suit over the first one. If you're getting this suit, I strongly suggest going after Wasp as well. The design of their suits complement each other. I've also noticed that there is no guarantee that future versions of a character's suit will look better, see the Ant-Man's Civil War suit to follow up the first one as an example.

I think this and the first suit are awesome. But for me personally, I give a slight edge to this suit over the first one. If you're getting this suit, I strongly suggest going after Wasp as well. The design of their suits complement each other. I've also noticed that there is no guarantee that future versions of a character's suit will look better, see the Ant-Man's Civil War suit to follow up the first one as an example.
Yeah I’m debating on Wasp. I like her but she’s not a must have. I’d definitely like an Ant-Man though. The two would be good paired together though and it would be nice to have the full line (even though it’s just two figures).

Yeah I’m debating on Wasp. I like her but she’s not a must have. I’d definitely like an Ant-Man though. The two would be good paired together though and it would be nice to have the full line (even though it’s just two figures).

If you use a detolf to display your figures and like less crowded displays, you'll probably want Wasp to go with Ant-Man since each shelf will only fit between 2 to 3 figures.

Yeah. Even though there are differences in the suits between the two solo film suits they’re also pretty similar. Hoping the head sculpt on this new one is good.

They better not recycle the Ben Affleck headsculpt from Civil War...that thing was straight shyte!

According to the promo blurb we are supposed to be getting a "newly developed head sculpt with authentic likeness of Paul Rudd as Scott Lang". Of course that doesn't mean it will be great...but at least it shouldn't just be a re-heated version of the Affleck Civil War sculpt. Man that was a disappointing HS...especially after they did a great job capturing Rudd on the first figure.

I don’t understand the hate towards the CW Ant Man, I really like it; and to be honest, I think the differences in the suit in general are not that noticeable. I fear a new headsculpt would be worse, considering the rush of the latest figures.
b4928b155543bad2e962a174cd9c5ef0.jpg
97c75350792618886e8a96fe96a8e320.jpg

I still believe the first Ant Man Hot Toy is amazing. The following two look flat... and a bit dull or ill fitting looking. The first suit had personality and vibrancy.

The CW suit looks fine to me if viewed on its own. But when compared to the first and latest suits, it falls to third place.

I think it's because the reds look more vibrant on the first and latest suits. I am also not a big fan of the style of the CW helmet's snout. It looks a bit too "pointy" to me.

That's just my opinion though. :) I don't expect everyone to feel the same way.

Ant-Man.jpg

Its mixed for me. I like the look of the first and the third suits the best, but I really like the streamlined look of the CW helmet.

Back