Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just waiting for tomorrow morning! Hopefully he'll be here then...
(Although I said that yesterday too...)

I'm getting bored of Connor. I see him on the shelf and my interest wanes. I might have to get the Final Battle figure to combat this feeling.

IMG_0469.jpg

This is not a bad photo, but the longer I star at it, it looks like something is crawling in and out of his butt.

Few pics, didnt want to repose him though as I like him how he is :)

j1-1.jpg

j2-1.jpg

j4-1.jpg

j3-1.jpg

The whole crew...

jjt2.jpg

jjt.jpg

Great pose there Deggit! :rock It's a bit like that, when you get the pose perfect, you don't want to move it again! :lol

Actually, I did have the choice and I went for this one over the BD version, I think its mostly the awesome jacket but I just preferred it!

I gotta say as well while I still agree that the sculpt is still not 100% Bale it does look a lot better in hand than any of the pics I've seen. Not being down on peoples photos or anything but I think theres something about these figs that just can't be fully captured.

Pleasantly surprised by the subtlety of the weathering too. The detailing in his jacket is unreal, all the parts you might expect to be faded or scuffed like elbows etc. but also even where the rifle strap crosses his shoulder theres some subtle fading. The dirt around his fingernails and even the parts of his pants covered by his holster and gear (hence protected from wear and tear) are less faded than the uncovered parts. Just awesome! :rock

Great pose there Deggit! :rock It's a bit like that, when you get the pose perfect, you don't want to move it again! :lol

I second that. That is amazing looking. Still not tempted though.

Thanks guys!

My John Conner gets here this Thursday... If I could talk about Marcus Wright for a second... Does anyone else find his damaged head with the metal coming through to be a little simple? I dont know but Ive displayed him both ways already and I find I like the not battle damage head better.

Cheers duder, lovin it! and surprisingly I've had no issues with the not so magic tape so far anyways...

I think people have a tendency to be overly dramatic about things here. All the magic tape on my figures works well. :confused:

It comes down to how you use the figure. If you're a one pose and on the shelf type of collector, then the magic tape will likely be a non issue. If you like to explore poses the figure can achieve and especially like to heavily photograph it, you'll most likely find it sucks. Any time I repose my figure for a new shot, I have to handle him as if I'm doing heart surgery and the slightest wrong move could kill the patient, otherwise they come undone and I have put them down again, and it can be tough because he has so many pouches with it, you can't really get a good hold of him to put down the ones that came loose. Snaps or magents or even stronger velcro would have been fare nicer and even HT has agreed on that feeling having changed out velcro elements of their first Joker figure for snaps on the DX based on fan complaints.

Yeah thats true, I don't really mess with them too much and while all the pouches are staying shut for me I can see that any posing or handling would knock them loose, they just stay closed. Same goes for the earpiece it literally just sits on top of the ear I think a light breeze would blow it off!!

Fortunately, I've been pretty happy with the earpiece, I had suspicions that it wouldn't work out too well based on it being removable from the proto pics, i figured it wouldn't hold well, but mine does, for now. I wouldn't take out off and put it on a lot though, i think a lot of that over time might expand the plastic enough it won't grip anymore, it's just tight enough to hold on their good but any loosening and I'm in trouble.

Same goes for the earpiece it literally just sits on top of the ear I think a light breeze would blow it off!!

Fortunately, I've been pretty happy with the earpiece, I had suspicions that it wouldn't work out too well based on it being removable from the proto pics, i figured it wouldn't hold well, but mine does, for now. I wouldn't take out off and put it on a lot though, i think a lot of that over time might expand the plastic enough it won't grip anymore, it's just tight enough to hold on their good but any loosening and I'm in trouble.

Man you guys should try the Chris Redfield figure-
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30334010&id=1498405807
That earpiece is even more delicate. But if you plan to pose them a lot I always find a tiny, tiny... and I mean miniscule blob of Blu-Tack behind the ear can work wonders... I think Blu-Tack should give me a kick back I mention them so much!

The only time my earpiece ever comes loose in posing, and even blu tac won't stop it, is if I turn him to the left without caution, the giant turtleneck of his coat bumps into quite easily. I'm really glad the figure has it though, but not a permanent fixture on the head, it looks cool and adds to the realism but it's nice to be able to ditch it if you want to, particularly since the whole time fighting the T-600 it was gone.

Man you guys should try the Chris Redfield figure-
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30334010&id=1498405807
That earpiece is even more delicate. But if you plan to pose them a lot I always find a tiny, tiny... and I mean miniscule blob of Blu-Tack behind the ear can work wonders... I think Blu-Tack should give me a kick back I mention them so much!

Yeah! Chris' earpiece is way more annoying than Connor's. It also seems to stick out more, whereas JC's sits more flush with his head.
But I totally agree about the 'magic tape' being kinda useless when it comes to re-posing. Another annoying thing I found was when I was attaching one of the magazine holders to his chest. The fastener that holds it on the jacket was too long, so the little 'nub' that helps it stay there wouldn't sit on the loop at the back of the pouch properly. I tried Blu-Tack, but it just wouldn't hold. So I ended up having to glue that one in place, which I hate having to do, because then you know you can't ever remove it!

Back