Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone over on Facebook asked for some advice on attaching the drop holster. I'm sure most don't need this, but here's what I posted-

Actually I used a cocktail stick (very handy tool when putting figures together) I used it to guide the the middle prong of the three, and slide it under the webbing, while the other two go over the top.

I knocked this pic up, might help-

addingdropholster.jpg

That holster was one of the biggest pains in the ass I've ever dealt with in figure assembly, I got really pissed at HT for not pre-assembling it when I was putting it together, not the end of the world but really, that one element could have been assembled by them, it's not like just sticking an ammo clip in a pouch.

In comparison, yeah, Connor was a breeze, putting together Hicks and the early Predators was challenging enough.

Oh God yeah, I forgot about Hicks, you had to build the freakin TT as well. And the AvP Preds were a bit of a headache.

The only difficult part for the avp preds were the heads for me. I've yet to get a human character to build but so far I've enjoyed putting the preds together.

Getting the helmet on this guys head was the biggest pain in my ^^^^^^^s.

product_image.php

I just bought my terminator salvation John Connor on ebay its my first hot toys figure so glad i pick that one up..I have a question i heard they did a repaint on he john connor head???Can anyone tell me about that?And i bought it 134us$ doest it seem right thanx a lot and sorry about my bad english..

I just bought my terminator salvation John Connor on ebay its my first hot toys figure so glad i pick that one up..I have a question i heard they did a repaint on he john connor head???Can anyone tell me about that?And i bought it 134us$ doest it seem right thanx a lot and sorry about my bad english..

Congratulations, it's even more awesome in person.
Your 1st Hot Toys figure...... you'll love it.

As for the head, it's not really a repaint per say. It's more than that.
They used a different material and did a better job with the paint.
Most likely, you'll end up with the better "new" version.
I'd still ask the retailer just to be sure if I were you.
$134 seems like a good price too. Congrats. :cool:

Yea I wouldn't worry about much since all the currently releases should come with the newly painted head. And even if you didn't, Hot Toys or your seller should provide you with one.

When it comes to the the one thing that has defined the new levels of realism achieved in 1/6th over the last couple of years, then obviously people like Yulli, YJ Park, Arnie Kim, Hiroki Hiyashi, Pan Mak, Kojun et al deserve a huge nod, but the work JC Hong has delivered, especially on the detail in the eyes is nothing short of phenomenal!
The man is the Leonardo da Vinci of 1/6th.

When it comes to the the one thing that has defined the new levels of realism achieved in 1/6th over the last couple of years, then obviously people like Yulli, YJ Park, Arnie Kim, Hiroki Hiyashi, Pan Mak, Kojun et al deserve a huge nod, but the work JC Hong has delivered, especially on the detail in the eyes is nothing short of phenomenal!
The man is the Leonardo da Vinci of 1/6th.

The glint in the eyes are brilliant even from across my room you can see the shine. Works way better than a painted shine or 'doll dot' I believe it's called.

I'm looking for one as my next buy do you mind if I ask who you got him from?

I buckled and got him and Marcus for $200. + P&H. VERY cool figures, I don't know why I waited so long...

Back