Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Is the eyelash thing new? On my other HT heads they are tiny dots. How they get them so small I have no idea. Has anyone ever seen or know the HT's process of painting heads?

It's not new by any means. It's a bit more pronounced on Connor, but as with previous HT figures, you're not going to notice the cross-hatch eyelash paint app unless you're closely inspecting it.

HT has painted eyelashes similarly (or exactly the same) on many previous releases:

Tony Stark (Mark 1, 2, 3)
The Spirit
Godfather
Harvey Dent/Two Face
Edward Scissorhands
James Dean

etc etc. It's pretty much the norm, unless a specific character calls for eyeliner (Cannibal Jack, Michael Jackson).

Improved head sculpt from Toyworld:
r0015922.jpg

Photo Credit: RRAAYY

Is this display available somewhere? I know it doesn't come with the figure, but...it looks pretty cool...

New head looks pretty doggone close to what we see in the film...

....but not quite at this level here, at least from the shots we've seen so far.

hehe....

It's getting almost agonizing in here with the back-n-forth about the figure's head and the paint apps...

The second one does look great...glad to see he's finally on the way. Funny thing is, at the rate things are going, we may had the BR/DVD by the time this figure finally arrives to collectors! :D

AND...I hope everyone posts lots of shots of theirs when they get him...it'll be interesting to see if the paint apps vary between figures like they seem to on that "row of heads" shot earlier in the thread...

This figure would probably look great with an Endo and the Sideshow base in their Joe line, but that thing is quite expensive for what it is.

img1583.jpg

Dark beard, light beard, I don't care what anyone has to say, this looks fantastic!

Thanks for the posts Devil_666!

Yeah, all great pics. The outdoors photos w/ the T600 is especially nice; it almost makes me want to get a T600 regular endo. But I think I'll just wait for the clothed version.

Woot!
My Endo is in the mail already, and Connor will be shipping out later today.
:chew

I noticed that the Hot Toys proto pics and the instructions that come with figure are leading everyone to place the pistol mag pouches on the wrong side

Can anybody tell me what John uses to shoot down the Hunter Killer in the movie?

Was it a M72A2 Launcher, Bazooka M136 AT-4, or a Russian RPG 7?
Anyone have a screen cap?

Can anybody tell me what John uses to shoot down the Hunter Killer in the movie?

Was it a M72A2 Launcher, Bazooka M136 AT-4, or a Russian RPG 7?
Anyone have a screen cap?

Its an AT4 launcher.

Awesome pics! D'oh! I didn't want to get one of these, but now... :monkey5

If I was you I would try to customise the original head by guaging out the cut/scar he gets at end of film. Then paint the head to look dirty, sweaty and bloody to replicate his final look.

R0017808.jpg

R0017809.jpg

R0017812.jpg

R0017814.jpg

R0017815.jpg

R0017821.jpg

R0017822.jpg

Photo Credit: sumsum.com

So,
Can the pistol Mag be easily relocated to the other side, or is it fixed to the harness and difficult to move?

Either way it CAN be moved i.e. you can cut it off and re-attach it, worst case. I think it has to do with the fact that it comes packaged like that:

dsc02184x.jpg

Photo Credit: Centrocal

And YellowJoshua mentioned all the packaging shows it like that so people just assume it's correct. I don't have this figure but for instance if I did, I never would've known or spotted that if not for reading YellowJoshua's post. So I think realistically most people just don't care.

The new sculpt is better than teh previous one, but why is there side burns now?

bale werent sportin any sideburns in the movie:confused:

Either way it CAN be moved i.e. you can cut it off and re-attach it, worst case. I think it has to do with the fact that it comes packaged like that:

dsc02184x.jpg

Photo Credit: Centrocal

And YellowJoshua mentioned all the packaging shows it like that so people just assume it's correct. I don't have this figure but for instance if I did, I never would've known or spotted that if not for reading YellowJoshua's post. So I think realistically most people just don't care.

The mag pouches are easily removed - u simply wrap them around his harness - all of his gear is removable

Back