Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

I can't wait to get this figure. Come on Sideshow!

Let's see. Sideshow usually doesn't get Hot Toys until they have been on eBay for about a month and a half, so I'm looking at Sept. at best, probably Oct.

I have the 700 and I must say I really like the foam boxes. Very different. Really cool.

I have the 700 and I must say I really like the foam boxes. Very different. Really cool.

Are they durable? It's a hard styrofoam/polystyrene material, right? It doesn't seem like it'd last long or would take a hard fall.

They do look unique though. Very nice design.

Are they durable? It's a hard styrofoam/polystyrene material, right? It doesn't seem like it'd last long or would take a hard fall.

They do look unique though. Very nice design.

They protect the figure great look awesome and have NO TWIST TIES. However, if they take a knock or too they easily start to fray and split so the boxes don't look mint. Mine came from America. The figure was perfect but the box and sleeve was scuffed bent and a little damaged :(

The new sculpt is better than teh previous one, but why is there side burns now?

bale werent sportin any sideburns in the movie:confused:

The Hot Toys paint is too dark.

christian-bale_term-1.jpg

I found what you're looking for it's subtle but it's there. Paint just seems to dark. Hope it hits the states soon.

85704040.jpg

I can't wait to get this figure. Come on Sideshow!

Let's see. Sideshow usually doesn't get Hot Toys until they have been on eBay for about a month and a half, so I'm looking at Sept. at best, probably Oct.

October!!!? That sounds about right though. Hot Toys is TERRIBLE about when they say their figures are going to be released. I wonder why it takes them nearly 5 months to release ONE figure!:mad:

October!!!? That sounds about right though. Hot Toys is TERRIBLE about when they say their figures are going to be released. I wonder why it takes them nearly 5 months to release ONE figure!:mad:

Well, this one is a special case because of...you know, the botched paint jobs.

Most companies take months to release figures, hell Sideshow stuff can take almost a year sometimes, Hot Toys is actually the fastest of the big companies that I know of.

When will Sideshow be shipping their orders out?
Soon I hope...my new shelves look empty:(

I'll have Connor by this evening (south korean time) and will definitely be posting (crappy, sorry i dont have a very good camera) pictures and a review later on tonight. Then off to Japan tomorrow! This is going to be a good week.

I'll have Connor by this evening (south korean time) and will definitely be posting (crappy, sorry i dont have a very good camera) pictures and a review later on tonight. Then off to Japan tomorrow! This is going to be a good week.

LUCKY! Im defnitely still waiting on my connor figure to arrive. Hopefully ill have him in my hands by October! Looking forward to your review!

When will Sideshow be shipping their orders out?
Soon I hope...my new shelves look empty:(

Sideshow's website says September 2009. Which makes sense, so those whom ordered through sideshow will probably get their figures either sometime in September or October. September is right around the corner, so the wait won't be too bad.

It's not new by any means. It's a bit more pronounced on Connor, but as with previous HT figures, you're not going to notice the cross-hatch eyelash paint app unless you're closely inspecting it.

HT has painted eyelashes similarly (or exactly the same) on many previous releases:

Tony Stark (Mark 1, 2, 3)
The Spirit
Godfather
Harvey Dent/Two Face
Edward Scissorhands
James Dean

etc etc. It's pretty much the norm, unless a specific character calls for eyeliner (Cannibal Jack, Michael Jackson).

The godfather has them the way they should be, nice and subtle, but Dent and this especially are way too overpronounced for my liking

The eyes are extremely well done on John. A lot of times the eyes on figures look unconvincing because they aren't set deep enough within the socket or there isn't adequate fleshy areas around the sclera.

IMG_8504.jpg

.... I was thinking about mess a little the head ... I dont know if it would be a good idea :eek:

Just some quick thoughts before I snap some pictures:

*The figure came out wonderfully. The leather jacket is great work and fits much better than the leather coat from RE Leon. I believe its a narrow shoulder as well so that helps it sit much more naturally.

*The outfit and accessories are kind of insane. It took me much longer than expected to 'assemble' the figure. Lots of different parts to hook or clip in here, more ammo packs and pouches to attach there, and on top of that there's so many tiny buckles and straps that while trying to pose or assemble the figure there's a lot that can get loose and requires readjustment. Overall lots of goodies but somewhat frustrating considering how many things there are that you can keep futzing with.

*His main rifle is fantastically detailed, lots of moving parts as always and a remarkable amount of text like for the safety switch for instance. They're 1/6 scale but remarkably clear and legible.

*The headsculpt...now I was very surprised. I know this sounds a bit silly but trust me, in-hand it looks BETTER than the proto pics. The facial proportions are all the same as the proto despite what some of the recent pics of the final head seem to show. For some reason it's completely different in hand. I'm examining it from different angles similar to the ones in the proto pics and its basically a spot on in facial proportions.

There must be something about this guy that photographs oddly at extreme close ups or at certain angles because he doesn't have that slight wonkiness I admit is present in some of the recent pics, especially the ones of all the Connor heads lined up. In those pics they look great but not quite up to par with the proto, the nose seems off or the face might seem a bit too wide or the mouth a little strange but these are nonexistent problems in hand.

It's remarkably close to the proto in the promo pics and looks pretty much exactly like the pics we've been seeing from recent cons since they give more of a distance and therefore a close approximation to what you see in-hand. It might not seem like it from what you've seen so far, but the pics from the cons is the most accurate representation of the figure you're getting whereas the actual pics of the re-painted heads are misleading.

most flattering shot I could take. I have a crappy camera.
dscn0262h.jpg

Shot with COOLPIX L18 at 2009-08-12

Last edited:

The eyes are extremely well done on John. A lot of times the eyes on figures look unconvincing because they aren't set deep enough within the socket or there isn't adequate fleshy areas around the sclera.

IMG_8504.jpg

Why does he look like hes peeling?:sick

Back