Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Looks awesome laudanum, but the eyes are still blue to me? WTF HT?!

not blue, brown. one of the first things i checked. but do you guys see what I mean? from certain angles and lighting it doesnt look that close to the proto like the peely one. i think the angle i took it at shows how accurate the proportions are in hand.

How does the quality of the jacket compare to Sideshow Indy's?

I admire the enthusiasm, but you need to let it go man, you're stuck with the Indy jackets as they are from Sideshow or getting a custom, Hot Toys isn't going to be making anything Indy anytime soon.

How does the quality of the jacket compare to Sideshow Indy's?

I don't have sideshow Indy but I've seen pictures. The Indy coat looks kind of thin or at least it doesn't really seem like leather from the way it creases. HT's is very realistic leather and creases just like it. Thin enough not to add bulk but thick enough not to easily tear or damage. Very good quality. The pants are a bit thin they're similar to Dutch's pants but are much more weathered and the camo is so faded from a distance they just look dark olive. I like it personally. The liner also seems to go pretty far into the coat, I haven't taken it off but I unzipped just to check it out. Johns got a black wife beater on underneath and the whitish yellow liner goes all the way down the front of the coat.

So John doesn't have a button up military shirt underneath the coat?

No big deal, I have a spare one, just wanted the ability to remove the coat and have him more like he's hanging around the base interrogating Marcus, "Devil's hands have been busy."

Yeah, I just looked around on ebay and I stumbled on the shirt that the Connor figure wears. It's just a plain black one. :( Oh well.

blakus939 said:
Looks awesome laudanum, but the eyes are still blue to me? WTF HT?!

I can see how the eyes could look blue-ish under certain lighting conditions, but laudanum already affirmed otherwise, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

P8090092.jpg

from toyworld.

Still waiting...........

Where did you order from?

Alteregocomics.com, do you know if they are a good site? It seems like it takes them Forever to get pre-order items in stock.

anyone order it from powerfultoy like me ?

Alteregocomics.com, do you know if they are a good site? It seems like it takes them Forever to get pre-order items in stock.

I've never pre-ordered from them but I have purchased items (already in-stock) and they are reliable. They will usually get stock after Sideshow gets theirs. So, you're looking at a vague September or (hopefully not) early October window. Keep hope that HT is steadfast on shipments.

I've never pre-ordered from them but I have purchased items (already in-stock) and they are reliable. They will usually get stock after Sideshow gets theirs. So, you're looking at a vague September or (hopefully not) early October window. Keep hope that HT is steadfast on shipments.

Thanks! I was getting worried! I Usually always order from sideshow,but alter egos prices are way better.

Thanks! I was getting worried! I Usually always order from sideshow,but alter egos prices are way better.

Alterego is a great site. They do get there products from Sideshow so it will be after SS get thiers.

Alterego is a great site. They do get there products from Sideshow so it will be after SS get thiers.

But not necessarily after SS ship to their customers. Lately, quite a few retailers (AlterEgo, Corner Store etc.) have been receiving shipments from SS before SS actually ship to their own retail customers. This seemed to make the people who ordered from SS unhappy; not me though, Toys2 all the way! :D

Indeed, it's been a roll of the dice lately with some things through Sideshow. Some cases, direct Sideshow orders receive first, in others, distributors ship a week or two before direct customers. Sadly, there's no pattern to which ones are handled which way so there's not telling how it's going to turn out.

I admire the enthusiasm, but you need to let it go man, you're stuck with the Indy jackets as they are from Sideshow or getting a custom, Hot Toys isn't going to be making anything Indy anytime soon.

I would love to buy a custom jacket, but the only person who I know that makes a decent one is Shawn and he appears to be overwhelmed at the moment.

For a figure like Indy, I'd much rather pay a Hot Toys price and be done with it. At least as far as the clothing goes, which is far more difficult to find a custom replacement for than a repaint.

If Sideshow doesn't want to up the quality in their clothing department, then I have no choice but to wish for offerings from another company like Hot Toys. They seem to be one of the only companies that pushes forward in 1/6 innovation with every release (example: designing a bevy of new body types as needed for each character).

They seem to be one of the only companies that pushes forward in 1/6 innovation with every release (example: designing a bevy of new body types as needed for each character).

Technically, in ways, HT is actually playing catch up on bodies. For a long time, there was the male and female True Type, they had varying skin tones, but the base body was the same for every figure, height, build, all of it. HT is just finally catching on in the past year or so that they can't get away with it.

I agree, some materials that HT uses are nicer, but without knowing the full details, it's hard to say why Sideshow doesn't, I can't imagine it's choice, they seem to try and find the best materials, but where they use out of country production facilities and Hot Toys doesn't, HT may have more flexibility to use any material without making a significant change in the overall figure cost where Sideshow may have to use the best cheaper materials they can to keep the figure in a certain price range while still balancing out with all the other expenses. It might cost $200 for a $130 Hot Toys figure if Sideshow made it because of differences in company structure.

In large part because of the internet, the world has become much smaller. 10 years ago we'd only hear whispers of Hot Toys' existence, overseas would be the only ones really aware of such nice products and we'd blissfully enjoy what's put out by domestic companies.

The best Godzilla items come from Japan and other regions overseas, but for most of my life, I had no access to them, had to deal with what was around here. Thanks to eBay and other places, I have access to things.

Similarly, I think people just assume every company can do the same level of work and if their not it's simply because of inability, rather than be open to other possibilities that stand in the way. Companies that have the luxury of their man employees and facilities being in the same place always have advantages over ones that outsource and have their facilities divided.

I was thinking about buying connor off ebay, but the going rate is now $200 shipped! That sounds like a lot for one figure.

Back