Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

I honestly don't see what's bad about the figure to require this.

a430x543shkl.jpg

I see skin texture, texture to the hair, I'm not sure what people feel is missing that even HT is willing to apologize and correct.

That photo isn't an accurate representation of the figure Maulfan. This is what it looks like normally:

conner04.jpg

97496473.jpg

Apparently people were expecting something more along the lines of this:

2009315353465.jpg

i.e. not so wet looking. The v.1 production head looks like it's been slathered in baby oil!? The face, hair and eyes appear to have the same amount of gloss and shine. Which is a little weird. And you can even see around the nostril area it looks like the paint was just thrown on and then glossed over.

From the pictures floating around, it looks like this "correction" is about the paint apps. The sculpt is what it is...(fine BTW).

I just wonder if there is a way to tell which version one is getting if through mail-online order... a change in the product number? Some kind of "inspected by" sticker? Be interesting to see if they are going that far and if "official" distributors like Sideshow are going to QC these before they go out...

More pics cropping up over on Toyworld, this time from board member "UGRX":

more photos of Connor from UGRX here: https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16357&extra=page=1
20090622_88c61eb527bc701373d15uSOJJSqZX4V.jpg

20090622_80dc97769621e64ad4f8uXu5RxhzgTkh.jpg

20090622_8d67e00fbc4452ba4433LT1JmqCC6d3n.jpg

I think we've gotten enough photos under a sufficient variety of lighting conditions to tell that something is amiss (well, that and HT's recent apology being a sure sign).

More from a different board member:
https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16346&extra=page=2
IMG_7372Small.jpg

Last edited:

That bottom picture makes him look greasy. He better wash his face or that texture will turn into pimples!

IMG_7372Small.jpg

Ok, NOW I feel like something is wrong with the finish on the face. I questioned lighting conditions in some shots, but this one looks pretty fair and it does seem like some sort of shine to the entire head, definitely not a typical HT finish, and if this is what is being dealt with, kudos to them for not letting it pass.

IMG_7372Small.jpg

Ok, NOW I feel like something is wrong with the finish on the face. I questioned lighting conditions in some shots, but this one looks pretty fair and it does seem like some sort of shine to the entire head, definitely not a typical HT finish, and if this is what is being dealt with, kudos to them for not letting it pass.

Yeah.. that's what I was saying. EVERYTHING is shiny and glossed over.

That last pic looks ok i guess..i mean he would be sweating in that for sure lol, and tanned of course.

I just had an email from an official source, not much to add really, but the gist of it is, that the problem is isolated to the early releases picked up from Toy Hunters in HK.
HT weren't happy with the quality of finish on the head sculpts, so head honcho Howard Chan decided they should be recalled and replaced with a better one, seems pretty dedicated to me, as the old saying goes "in business you are only ever as good as your last job!' HT seem to take this mantra pretty seriously.

The only think it fails is the paint aps..In the proto pics they have painted the head with real paint and same texture like the Batman original suit Crihstian bale sculp..The final headsulp version has that Ugly translucent material and painted lightly,smothly and poorly:sick

Maybe they are apologizing for the fact they said they were going to change the sculpt and didn't, and these originals managed to slip out and the new heads coming? At least I hope that's it.

Actually this makes alot of sense, maybe not end up being true but does fit in to the whole situation.

That does not make any sense at all. Hot Toys is really screwed up if the factory was mass producing prototype headsculpts and sticking them on the final product. I'm sure the problem lies in the paint.

That does not make any sense at all. Hot Toys is really screwed up if the factory was mass producing prototype headsculpts and sticking them on the final product. I'm sure the problem lies in the paint.

I believe it has more to do with the finish of the plastic used.

Did I read the fixed version will be re-released in July? Then SS should get theirs in August?

It looks like most of the facial detail (like the creases on his forehead) were lost in the final release. Kudos to Hot Toys for stopping the release and making it right.

Well Harvey im sold . Don't see what all the fuss is about on the head sculpt. I like it . But then im new to this hot toys malarkey . They could polish a turd and I would buy it :wacky

Well Harvey im sold . Don't see what all the fuss is about on the head sculpt. I like it . But then im new to this hot toys malarkey . They could polish a turd and I would buy it :wacky

:lol :lol :lol :lol

It looks like most of the facial detail (like the creases on his forehead) were lost in the final release. Kudos to Hot Toys for stopping the release and making it right.

Yeah. I kind of pick of the same vibe from seeing the pics. Definitely not as defined as the prototype I thought I was ordering. I'm so glad they are fixing this cause I would have cancelled otherwise.

Maybe they are apologizing for the fact they said they were going to change the sculpt and didn't, and these originals managed to slip out and the new heads coming? At least I hope that's it.

When did they say the headsculpt was changing!? Link/Source?

So let's say I buy these off of ebay now, does that mean that HT will send me another improved headsculpt on july. So I'm getting two headsculpt for the price of 1?

Back