Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Sorry...
abit off topic but...
this is my situation...
I pre ordered this with my local seller. But the final sculpt is not the same as the proto ( as in im not satisfied and willing to pay for the final product) and cancel it. Is this possible?

maybe keep it and have it repainted by Small Studios (josh) I bet he could really bring life to the eyes.

nah... nothing to do with that.
I totally don't want this, but i have already pre ordered this. Is it possible to cancel this? I mean i just pre ordered i haven't paid a cent... is this legal? as in the rights of the unsatisfied customer?

nah... nothing to do with that.
I totally don't want this, but i have already pre ordered this. Is it possible to cancel this? I mean i just pre ordered i haven't paid a cent... is this legal? as in the rights of the unsatisfied customer?

Oh yeah hell I might have to do it with sideshow, they let ya cancel Pre orders all the time, I might tell the company you pre ordered from that you don't have the funds for it or wont have them and cancel.

coz
the shop is telling me they cant cancel on the basis of "If everyone pre orders on the basis of prototype pictures alone and cancels after that, what is the point of taking pre orders?"

IMO, JC headsculpt is fine. It has Bale likeness, not 100% though. But when compare to their recent Dutch HS, Dutch is far superior. Seem Bale likeness is seriously hard to capture. I'd love to see Enterbay make a version of Bale in future.

36859481.png

97496473.jpg

conner02.jpg

conner04.jpg

Photo Credit: joo from ToyWorld

The difference between the Proto and the Production is there is not enough texture on the surface of the skin. The sculpt itself looks identical. But the Production head has a smoother surface which causes it to reflect light, giving it a 'plastic' look at some angles.

Its funny cause on some other sculpts like the first Bruce Wayne head, everyone was complaining that Hot Toys went way overboard with the texture and it looked like he had acne. Now I think they were compensating for that and they held back too much. They just can't find that perfect balance :lol

I think it's also the skin tone that's throwing off the look. It's too even. If you look at the proto pics on the first page, you'll notice there are areas of his face that are darker than other areas, more flush here and there. That paint application is less apparent on the production piece.

I dunno, I still like the final product (and I won't be canceling my preorder), but I have to say there has been a significant drop off in the transition. Granted, it's hard to judge solely on these first in-hand photos, but it's not impossible to do so.

Old proto photos from the Toy Hunters store display:
3360329724_7b008acd11_o.jpg

john_connor_5_small.jpg

P1000175-1.jpg

in hand (Toyworld):
conner04.jpg

Maybe it's just the lighting in the in-hand pics so far, I'm not sure. I patiently await mine to arrive some...week this summer.

yea I can't wait to this in hand kitted up with all his gear. I definitely plan on adding a lot of accessories. Give him an extra rifle, some of those flares he was using, maybe a helmet. I wanna get that rocket launcher tommy showed in his pics and also the M203 grenade launcher he gave to Kyle.

Oh and that CB radio he was speaking into :chew And what about an actual zip line to use with his harness. So much stuff you can give this guy:D

The proto looked so much better! I'm kinda disappointed with this one. Almost looks like Medicom painted this head:duh

seems like the recent materials that hot toys used sucks camel ^^^^. like their james dean figure.. ugh the material looks too soft.

HT said on fb

Hot Toys
Thank you for your comment. We'll look into this matter and try our best to improve our figures.

Maybe it's just the lighting in the in-hand pics so far, I'm not sure. I patiently await mine to arrive some...week this summer.

I see photos like this one of him in hand and I see some variation in the skin tone, it's one of the first things I noticed in some of the in hand pics. I think it's subtle and because of the casting materials Hot Toys uses, different lighting conditions will and won't show the effect, but I think it'll be clearly there in hand.

28922018.png

I do notice that the bags under the eyes are not shown in the production version as well as the in the centre of his brow the chunk of skin there is wider then on the proto.

Hot Toys has issued an official apology for the Connor headsculpt and will be halting the release for now. Customers who have already received their Connor will be given replacements.

Hot Toys has issued an official apology for the Connor headsculpt and will be halting the release for now. Customers who have already received their Connor will be given replacements.

For real? Why are they apologizing for it, I don't understand, it looks fine to me.
:huh

For real? Why are they apologizing for it, I don't understand, it looks fine to me.
:huh

They said that there was a mistake during the production process. No details at all. A lot of people have been complaining about the head in Hong Kong though...too plastic looking. Not sure this is what HT is referring to though.

I have a feeling HT's will probably also switch plants too. They have had a steady increase in detail and quality so i'd assume they'd want to bring this to a quick hault.

Well, I'm all for the best product, but based only on photos, I can't see anything to apologize over other than a possible typical drop from proto to production. Very curious to see how the rest of this situation plays out. I kinda wish I could see it in hand just to see what folks might be complaining about, I almost feel like this is a sign of people being way too picky and spoiled with figures, is the production figure a perfect match to the proto, no, but I don't see any drop off from proto that's different from other figures in the past, and definitely nothing worth issuing public apology and replacements.

Back