Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

When will the hydro be ready?

I should finish the rough prototype and be ready to take orders from Monday. Check out my thread on Mr. Hydrobot for progress pics and details.
Dizzy

Can't see anything wrong in the paintjob on this figure... he looks just fine (couldn't wait for my son to get home from school and unpack him!).
A real pain to assemble though... took longer than an HT AVP Predator!
Dizzy:google

What do you mean by putting him together, like adding on all the little bits of his tactical gear? The figure should come 90% assembled, a figure like this anyway.

The holster, some of the tac pouches, the sleeve knife... and everything is such a tight fit. It comes with a sheet of instructions!
Dizzy

Ok good, that doesn't surprise me, I was just concerned that you actually had to fully assemble the thing.

Good, I love me a reasonably challenging build, leads to a greater feeling of satisfaction on completion.
Any one can pull a doll out of a box, but some can futz a masterpiece!

Seeing the result of the head-sculpt on this figure, makes me so glad that I canceled my pre-order from Sideshow. It looks nothing like Bale in my opinion (no offense to those who have this figure).

Good, I love me a reasonably challenging build, leads to a greater feeling of satisfaction on completion.
Any one can pull a doll out of a box, but some can futz a masterpiece!

Even if you can just take it out the box, it's always nice to give it your own touches, but I consider a line between personal futzing and assembly, the old Predator style was just assembly and a pain, but I always love setting up tactical gear and all on figures to make it look how I want.

Can't see anything wrong in the paintjob on this figure... he looks just fine (couldn't wait for my son to get home from school and unpack him!).
A real pain to assemble though... took longer than an HT AVP Predator!
Dizzy:google

Any chance of some more shots. Dizzyarse? And your hydrobot rocks!

Last edited:

Seeing the result of the head-sculpt on this figure, makes me so glad that I canceled my pre-order from Sideshow. It looks nothing like Bale in my opinion (no offense to those who have this figure).

Yes! One step closer.... :)

dizzy, from that angle your shot, as small as it is, looks much closer to the prototype than what we've been seeing. i wonder if you got a good one?

Even if you can just take it out the box, it's always nice to give it your own touches, but I consider a line between personal futzing and assembly, the old Predator style was just assembly and a pain, but I always love setting up tactical gear and all on figures to make it look how I want.

I have to admit I enjoyed building the Preds and Marines, sure it was fiddly and even a touch stressful at times, but it was all part of the deal for me. Reminded me of building the old Marmit figures as well.
Horses for courses!

the next best thing:

johnconnor1.jpg

dsc02184x.jpg

dsc02187q.jpg

dsc02202v.jpg

I really don't think they changed the sculpt at all. Which is fine with me.

What do you mean by putting him together, like adding on all the little bits of his tactical gear? The figure should come 90% assembled, a figure like this anyway.

The holster, some of the tac pouches, the sleeve knife... and everything is such a tight fit. It comes with a sheet of instructions!
Dizzy

Ok good, that doesn't surprise me, I was just concerned that you actually had to fully assemble the thing.

Just looks like putting on the gear is the "assembly" here...neat that they include some instructions.

Can't wait to see some updated shots from folks...

When does he use a grapple gun in the movie?

the first action sequence? before all of his crew get bombed and the helicopter crash?

the first action sequence? before all of his crew get bombed and the helicopter crash?

I still can't remember specifically where though ?.
I don't actually recall him taking the gun out and seeing him fire it .. or am I wrong ?.

I seem to remember Connor simply jump off the edge with the rope on his back as soon as the scene started and then him crawling back up again without us seeing where the rope came from either going in the hole or out.
I'm glad they added the gun though.

Back