Hot Toys - MMS 88 - Planet of the Apes - 12 inches Gorilla Soldier spec + hi res pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with you plasmid? That was back in when? January. It's the past. And what a quote,ooooo, but you appear to want to bring it up again, and call me out on it. Why?

The Billy is sub par, and the endo isn't out yet, but it is a re-issue, as far as I'm concerned. Why wouldn't they be cheaper, and cheaper for who. Americans, because Sideshow are distributing these, and you not only get a good price but insanely low shipping. All that doesn't apply to me. There's a whole world out there. Get out sometime. The two figures mentioned aren't on my radar, so it wouldn't matter to me if they went for $50. The Apes are what I happen to be interested in. Yeah, I could have said all this in reply to samueljd, but why do I have to explain myself. He pulled me up on it and now you feel the need to. So what I said needs to be more explicit and precise and encompass every scenario now and into the future. Some of us don't have time to be as exact in our language as, maybe someone like you needs me to be. I'm am old and forgetful. I admit it. I hope you're not finding this too long a post for your vernacular miscreance. What would you like me to do to remedy this? Edit the post and delete that sentence?

I don't think I've seen you interested in the apes before. At least not in this thread, so I ascertain you are nothing more than bored and boring as well. :clap Well done son.

2mq0voh.jpg

:lol

Well I thought it was funny, and if I can cheer myself up, I will.

Last edited:
Samueljd's post was on the same page as your previous post, and it was the most recent post before today, so I don't think it was a reach to include in my post. But if you're going to take it personally, then sorry mate.

Billy and the endo are on someone's radar, whether that person be on this continent or another, it matters not, and they are priced similarly to the Ape figures. That's all there is to it. You can try to defend your oversight all you want, and you did and overdid it.

You must be keeping close tabs on me if you're able to ascertain my interest in a particular property, and judging that this thread hasn't seen a new post since January I'm not sure how you can possibly chide anyone here for lacking interest. I have posted in this thread or the Ursus thread before expressing my interest.

You seem to be beside yourself with satisfaction, your posts are dripping with haughtiness. Don't let me rain on your parade, continue your clever repartee with yourself, because I don't want any part of it.

if you're going to take it personally, then sorry mate.
Apology accepted.
Billy and the endo are on someone's radar, whether that person be on this continent or another, it matters not, and they are priced similarly to the Ape figures. That's all there is to it. You can try to defend your oversight all you want, and you did and overdid it.
I'm am old and forgetful. I admitted it. And I'll admit it again.
You must be keeping close tabs on me if you're able to ascertain my interest in a particular property, and judging that this thread hasn't seen a new post since January I'm not sure how you can possibly chide anyone here for lacking interest. I have posted in this thread or the Ursus thread before expressing my interest.
Not close tabs on your interests. I just went quickly through this thread and didn't see a post of yours. If you have posted here, then I repeat again. I'm old. I admit it, and must have had another oversightful moment. I'm old and I admit it. And I'll admit it again. Hey this is starting to be fun.

You seem to be beside yourself with satisfaction, your posts are dripping with haughtiness. Don't let me rain on your parade, continue your clever repartee with yourself, because I don't want any part of it.
Thank you for allowing me to continue unabated. I guess we'll never have another repeat of this type of interaction. That's marvellous. I wouldn't want it any other way.

So in keeping with this Apes thread, and to cheer myself up I'm posting this...
2vb278z.jpg

paramoremcr88's necro posted photos are excellent.

These were the first figures I had real trouble photographing with the new camera because the sculpt finish was less forgiving of the camera flash.

IMG_0768 HT Gorilla Soldier.JPG

IMG_0767 HT Gorilla Soldier.JPG

MMS89 Gorilla Captain:

IMG_0770 HT Gorilla Captain.JPG

IMG_0769 HT Gorilla Captain.JPG

Couldn't find any dedicated Sideshow POTA threads.

I photographed Cornelius while I was at it.

IMG_0773 HT & Sideshow Apes.JPG

IMG_0758 Sideshow Cornelius.JPG

Typical vintage Sideshow shiny paint apps, but in hand he's not really that bad.

He's definitely the best of my three Sideshow apes. Zaius and the Gorilla Soldier have been boxed up for years because their sculpts didn't agree with me. I'll have to open them up again and have another look.

Yeah, Cornelius and Zera display really well with HT’s. I wish HT would have continued the line too. The three they did were so awesome.

View attachment 658554

Nice photo!

I got Cornelius many years ago, and for a while afterwards was on the lookout for Zira at a similar cheap price, but she was always priced two to three times higher than I paid for him. So I never did get her.

I unboxed Zaius and the gorilla earlier. The gorilla's sculpt is still hard to look at. He reminds me of the 1974 black faced 8" Mego one I used to have. (Wish I'd kept my Mego POTA collection though).

Zaius isn't too bad. For the first time since getting them I cut the ties holding the accessories in the blister. So he has his cane, scrolls and statue now, and Cornelius has his dirty, creepy doll.

Last edited:
The Sideshow sculpts are odd...they look matt under natural lighting, but very shiny with flash photography.

Here Cornelius largely escaped the worst of the flash, but Zaius caught it full force:

IMG_0848 HT & Sideshow POTA.JPG

IMG_0851 HT & Sideshow POTA.JPG

I had to hide the Sideshow gorilla at the back...

IMG_0849 HT & Sideshow POTA.JPG

He and Zaius have spent much of their life boxed up in the attic. I expected to find the pleather on both in a poor state, since they've been subjected to both blistering heat and freezing cold.

Yet apart from some very slight whitening to the gorilla's gauntlets they're otherwise perfect.

Back