Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah there's no reason to think the DOFP costume would get damaged.

You can find people complain about things in every thread for every figure. Heck you see people bring up issues for figures that they themselves have never had, and then other people see those complaints and use them as well. Or people complain about things before a figure is released. Lol

Earlier today, I received this Wolverine from Lair Of The Octopus, for £139 (+shipping), which looks like their last one. I'm not a die hard Marvel/X-Men/Wolverine fan, but I like this black suit look. :)

I am sorry if this has been commented before... does anyone know whether the Japanese text on the samurai sword mean anything?

Is there a fellow member that knows Japanese that can help out? :pray:

Hot-Toys-The-Wolverine-11.jpg

Dude im chinese and it is chinese.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

...then you should know Japanese use a combination of kanji(characters of chinese origin), hiragana(the women's phonetics) and katagana(for loan words). English uses some latin letters but we're not writing latin.

Say what you want mate. Its chinese pure and simple even if meant for japanese. And just because I'm chinese doesnt mean I know japanese. That is how I know its chinese as I understand the words.

And not trying to pick a fight just explaining. Apologies if I come across wrongly.

Last edited:
And just to clarify. Kanji characters literally uses the chinese hanzi words meaning they use the chinese words itself.

playing devil's advocate, could be a situation where I see some Portuguese and claim it's Spanish then saying "Dude, I'm Hispanic and it is Spanish" since they sound and look similar :monkey3:chase
I wish that were the case man but chinese words are one of a kind even the simplified ones like the ones used in this instance for the kanji characters. If it looks chinese it is because it is a chinese word. No two ways about it even if I wish there were. Would have made my life easier in school.

Say what you want mate. Its chinese pure and simple even if meant for japanese. And just because I'm chinese doesnt mean I know japanese. That is how I know its chinese as I understand the words.

And not trying to pick a fight just explaining. Apologies if I come across wrongly.

Yeah sorry I just assumed you would know japanese use chinese characters since I do and I'm an American mestizo(with no asian roots aside from the asiatics that migrated across to the americas that became amerindians). Obviously someone with schooling in chinese characters are going to be able to roughly understand when japanese use chinese characters in their writing since they are chinese characters but when japanese use them in their writings they are writing japanese.

Yeah sorry I just assumed you would know japanese use chinese characters since I do and I'm an American mestizo(with no asian roots aside from the asiatics that migrated across to the americas that became amerindians). Obviously someone with schooling in chinese characters are going to be able to roughly understand when japanese use chinese characters in their writing since they are chinese characters but when japanese use them in their writings they are writing japanese.

No worries man. All good. I get what you are saying though. We are both right anyway as it goes both ways.

I wish that were the case man but chinese words are one of a kind even the simplified ones like the ones used in this instance for the kanji characters. If it looks chinese it is because it is a chinese word. No two ways about it even if I wish there were. Would have made my life easier in school.

Haha I'm just messing around :wink1: :1-1:

Back