Hot Toys - MMS 87- Planet of the Apes General Ursus spec + hi res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many Taylors are the problem I'm having now. Either I can't find or can't afford the Forbidon Zone Taylor (dirty version), Beneath Taylor (Mutant prisoner), as well as the Mutant Jailor and Gorilla Marauder. If I could find those I'd have all the SS versions.

I'd like to get into the Hot toys line as well, but same problem again, can't afford to pay to much. $100 tops, and no more than $12 shipping is keeping my options and chances super low.

Let them be chimps!! Let them be chimps!!!
GORILLAS!!!
Too many Taylors are the problem I'm having now. Either I can't find or can't afford the Forbidon Zone Taylor (dirty version), Beneath Taylor (Mutant prisoner), as well as the Mutant Jailor and Gorilla Marauder. If I could find those I'd have all the SS versions.

I'd like to get into the Hot toys line as well, but same problem again, can't afford to pay to much. $100 tops, and no more than $12 shipping is keeping my options and chances super low.

If they are just for your own collection, and you display them without the boxes, you can make the rest fairly easily. Granted, the collection won't be 100% official Sideshow releases but it can be done.
FZ Taylor - is simply a dirtied ANSA uniform and applied beard
Beneath Taylor - wears a suit that I've seen a similar one of on ebay. A tan strip and some thin thread - voila!
Mutant Jailor - I've seen this one customized from an AA Art S Buck figure
Gorilla Marauder - just needs a man catcher and a regular gorilla is the marauder
There are folks over in the "Save POTA" megathread that make mancatchers and can apply beards and such...
Just options to be considered.
Now.... back to
HOT TOYS MAKING PLANET OF THE APES FIGURES!!!

Maybe, the prices of the Hot Toys apes will fall one day, just as the Sideshow apes did about 2 years ago. :dunno

The way I look at it, the Gorilla's are the most popular. With the Soldier Gorilla Hot Toys has the chance of selling mulitples to any one buyer. So by selling them first they get people hooked and then the other apes can come later. That's why I think we'll get Chimps and Orangutans soon, but I'm not to thrilled with any Humans.

The next wave will be the chimps! They have to be!

Let them be chimps...let them be chimps....

Maybe, the prices of the Hot Toys apes will fall one day, just as the Sideshow apes did about 2 years ago. :dunno
From your lips to god's ears!!
The next wave will be the chimps! They have to be!

Let them be chimps...let them be chimps....
Jess, I'm starting to get the impression that you might want Hot Toys to try their hands at some........ chimps?

I know I'm late to the Apes party but I just got my General Ursus and I couldn't be happier. Tremendous likeness.

I know I'm late to the Apes party but I just got my General Ursus and I couldn't be happier. Tremendous likeness.

Any plans on getting either the soldier ape or captain? The general needs some ape to command.:D

I know that I am way late to the Party. I had these figures pre-ordered last year. But I had to cancel them. I just got Ursus.

Holy crap! What a freakin' AWESOME fiogure! I can not wait to get the Captain and the Soldier! Probably a few Soldiers!

I think they were on the whole a very underrated release!

Welcome to the garrison! They are indeed the best mass produced apes EVER!!
Wookster, any idea if more are still in the works?

Back