Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it just means that retailers in the U.S. and outside of Hong Kong Japan will have to order these and put them for sale but there will be no distribution partner like Sideshow who supplies other shops like Alter Ego and such, they'll have to go direct to HT to get supplies so less people than normal may carry these outside of HK/Japan.

makes sense. thanks bro. can't wait for these to go up for sale here. I just hope that they don't release something even BETTER than these, once we've taken them out of the box. (their newsletter said that there will be superior figures announced next month)

It would seem the chances are about a million to 1. I guess SSC has no DC license so unless something's changed recently, they will not be available through Sideshow.

yeah can you imagine if they did get the DC license??? a PF Joker would give me a boner. :banana:banana

You could either get it now for retail or pay probably double once its sold out. At least I see it this way, if you have a change of heart after getting it, you will have no problems moving it.

Agreed. I'm going to pre-order it when it's available.

makes sense. thanks bro. can't wait for these to go up for sale here. I just hope that they don't release something even BETTER than these, once we've taken them out of the box. (their newsletter said that there will be superior figures announced next month)

Well, I don't take the NL to be superior figures persay, just something superior, which to me means Power Loader level which could only be something like the Batpod. As far as quality and accessories, short of the machine gun on Joker, having not seen the movie, i don't know what else they could do for him besides an alternate portrait, and Batman seems to be everything the Begins suit figure could be.

ohhhhh no !!! I forgot about that !! dam !!
that figure looks so bad ass.

what other site besides SIDESHOW you recomend to get him sean?

i'd throw in www.UniToyZone.com as well. i've gotten a couple orders through them lately and they've been a first class act so far. also, ABC express has them on ebay already if he's still got some left.

11DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Hmm, the more I look at it, the more I think the sculpt was primarily based on this picture. While I didn't see Ledger before, that DEFINITELY looks spot on to me. Maybe I just wasn't really used to seeing him in the makeup vs. what he looked like normally. Joker's a buy for sure.

Hmm, the more I look at it, the more I think the sculpt was primarily based on this picture. While I didn't see Ledger before, that DEFINITELY looks spot on to me. Maybe I just wasn't really used to seeing him in the makeup vs. what he looked like normally. Joker's a buy for sure.

YES!!!!!:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

11DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

The jokers body looks to be very lean in spite of all those layers of clothing.. Is it just me that notices that? Shoulders are considerably smaller compared to the usual broad round shoulders on the tt bodies.

Yeah, someone brought that up in the general thread. It's awesome! Do you think there's a new truetype body under there?

The jokers body looks to be very lean in spite of all those layers of clothing.. Is it just me that notices that? Shoulders are considerably smaller compared to the usual broad round shoulders on the tt bodies.

Same thoughts!!! Kind of off scale!!!

I don't think it's a new body, just that Joker actually makes the body work where other figures haven't. The TT bodies have wide, flat shoulders which cause shoulders too look too broad and necks to long depending on costuming, but with Joker's puffy hair and layers of clothes, the TT is compensated for and the body actually has a natural shape for once.

between joker and batman, I think joker looks much better. but I am not a fan of the new joker look, so it probably a pass unless they are $90 like HT's prison break or rambo line.

I think if the black went up to the brow, it look more like that. But yeah, that's the photo that came to my mind when I first saw the figure.

My only problems are there is no machine gun, the neck and head is one sculpt and the head looks freakishly huge.

Which is also why the shoulders looked smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back