Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get one of DarkArtist81's ^^^^ing amazing TDK Joker heads and slap that bad boy on there and this will be a 11/10 figure!

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Well, the great thing about this figure is that, since it is HT, you can just get a few extra neck adapters... you can paint up the HT head, MY head, and the DCD head (with added sculpted neck, if you were so inclined), glue them to the adapters... and you would have 3 different heads that you could switch at your leisure. They could be painted up with differing makeup damage or cleanliness and switched as you saw fit. DAMN awesome if you asked me.

A MUST buy for sure. Mine is already ordered. :rock

Didn't spend a lot of time on this, and it ain't paint, but it does show that the Ledger look is there when the colors are shifted to better shades and some more sharp emphasis is put in. Their proto paint doesn't quite bring him out, it's too reserved. But he's under there. I'm gettin' one for sure!

JokerRepaintidea1A.jpg

You know, I'm kind of surprised JC missed that. There's plenty of photo ref material around. Easy fix though... :D

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Well, the great thing about this figure is that, since it is HT, you can just get a few extra neck adapters... you can paint up the HT head, MY head, and the DCD head (with added sculpted neck, if you were so inclined), glue them to the adapters... and you would have 3 different heads that you could switch at your leisure. They could be painted up with differing makeup damage or cleanliness and switched as you saw fit. DAMN awesome if you asked me.

A MUST buy for sure. Mine is already ordered. :rock

That's what I will prob do with my spare head.

Know it's the wrong thread, but how's mine coming Josh?

You know, I'm kind of surprised JC missed that. There's plenty of photo ref material around. Easy fix though... :D

Well, the makeup is the hardest thing to get right about Ledger's Joker. I'm still refining my take on it. It varies so much from the stills we've seen as well as the promo shots. It's very tricky. Most companies have been going with an ultra clean, almost blended look to save face.

At least by the time these ship, Les and I will have our Joker paint to a precise art. :rock

And SS, the head is 80% painted, body and parts are here... waiting on the rest of the suits, will be dying them very soon and it should be finished in mere weeks I am hoping. I've got like 5 lined up and ready for the final touches (Shirts :monkey2). :rock

I'm wondering if there's some WB dictation on Joker products. Everything seems to have a similar style for painting around the eyes and the full white makeup look and such.

I'm wondering if there's some WB dictation on Joker products. Everything seems to have a similar style for painting around the eyes and the full white makeup look and such.

I've thought that too. It just doesn't make sense for them to do it though? I mean whats wrong with more (screen accurate) black around his eyes and messy make-up? :confused:

Well, the makeup is the hardest thing to get right about Ledger's Joker. I'm still refining my take on it. It varies so much from the stills we've seen as well as the promo shots. It's very tricky. Most companies have been going with an ultra clean, almost blended look to save face.

At least by the time these ship, Les and I will have our Joker paint to a precise art. :rock

The eye's are pretty clear IMO. There are tons of Posters and stills which show it very clearly. Should be up to browline at least. And fuller...

HT may correct this too for their prod pieces, it's just an airbrushing tweak.

Like I said, it's an easy fix. :D

I've thought that too. It just doesn't make sense for them to do it though? I mean whats wrong with more (screen accurate) black around his eyes and messy make-up? :confused:

Well my guess is, either WB is dictating a standard look like LFL dictates things with Star Wars products, or all the manufacturers are opting for the same look as it's something easy to guarantee consistency with in the production process. Granted, with the makeup, you don't have to be consistent if it's sloppy or varied from the factory, it lends itself to the character, but I could see some coming out much better than others and an uproar, whereas the paint apps we're seeing I'm totally confident HT will keep up in production, so maybe it's not exactly as we'd like, at least we're all guaranteed to get the same product in hand.

it's just an airbrushing tweak.

I get it now... you've nailed it on the head for me man... It's because most companies use airbrushing for their proto paints. They do that for the most part because the sin tones look nice like that as do other things..eyes..etc.

But for the Joker, brushes are needed to get that messy look. I doubt anyone could do a convincing job with an airbrush. It would still look too soft and blended. Brushes :rock

:D

I would think. Practice makes perfect. Or at least better! :D

And speaking of redoing the DCD head, I have one of those figs ordered and plan that very thing, to add a neck and more hair to it for a variant. So, yeah, might be nice to have multiple heads here. :naughty

The eye's are pretty clear IMO. There are tons of Posters and stills which show it very clearly. Should be up to browline at least. And fuller...

HT may correct this too for their prod pieces, it's just an airbrushing tweak.

Like I said, it's an easy fix. :D

Well if these are supposed to ship late June/early July. Then they are probably already through production on these (or very close). I think how they are here is how we will get them.

Ya, as it stands, it's almost like Captain Jack Joker :lol, Ledger's makeup, albeint inconsistent in the fine details, is consistent with the black covering his entire eye sockets to the brow at the top and bleeding onto the cheeks at the bottom.

I get it now... you've nailed it on the head for me man... It's because most companies use airbrushing for their proto paints. They do that for the most part because the sin tones look nice like that as do other things..eyes..etc.

But for the Joker, brushes are needed to get that messy look. I doubt anyone could do a convincing job with an airbrush. It would still look too soft and blended. Brushes :rock

:D

JC is an airbrushing fool, dude, you knew that. To get the messy look, absolutely, no other way than brushes I would think.

I do see some fleshy creases in there, forhead, around the eyes, so that's cool. Better than a flat white make up face with no definition.

Well if these are supposed to ship late June/early July. Then they are probably already through production on these (or very close). I think how they are here is how we will get them.

All depends though, these prototypes could have been completed months ago but by contract and movie release, they're only showing them off now. Figures of this quality aren't going to roll out in time for the film without having been worked on quite some time ago, so there is room for change since these were done. MOST times HT's proto paint is either matched or surpassed in final production. The first release of Rocky is a great example, looked nothing like Stallone really but the final product was great. First issue FIRST BLOOD Rambo looks off but they gave a new sculpt and paint job by production piece.

From CoolToyReview:

Hot Toys has revealed the first two of five 1/6 scale figures based on the upcoming Batman feature film, The Dark Knight. Follow these links to check out the Batman (Original Costume) and The Joker. At this time we have no information on North American distribution, but we'll keep you posted on this and the other three figures.

Yup I was thinking the same thing, they WILL be out before July 18th so they have to be finalized by now.

I would think. Practice makes perfect. Or at least better! :D

And speaking of redoing the DCD head, I have one of those figs ordered and plan that very thing, to add a neck and more hair to it for a variant. So, yeah, might be nice to have multiple heads here. :naughty

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

You read my mind Les... :duff

I'm really thinking this is the way to go, for the true Joker fan. So many options available. You can do almost anything with it. And at least the DCD figure will serve a purpose. It's a nice scan, just looks like the paint has issues. And to have that option to switch between HT, DCD and my own head... pretty freakin badass if you ask me.

And Paul, you are right about JC... the man is an airbrushing genius. The work he has done and on this Joker as well is pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back