Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More detail pics just arrived, get prepared for more shoe shots creecher!
:lol Thanks wookster. I think. :lol

21DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

Hey, whose chain are you pulling? :lol

Release date: Q3, 2008 very soon may be august!

Batman rocks,but Joker doesnt impress me at all,its a Joker alright,but no Ledger in that sculpt.

Looks amazing, definitely one of Hot Toys best. The attention to detail in the costume is great. I will definitely pick this one up.

Its gonna be a long wait.

The Bust looks much more like him,the figure overall is cool,but no Ledger in that,imo.

Many people are so excited about these,including me,but if you look away from that and calm down count to 10 and look back on the figure,tell me if you still think its a Ledger.:lol

That looks tremendous, as expected! And, yeah, I see Ledger there.

I knew it wouldn't come with the gun, though. I fully expect Hot Toys to announce a V2 Joker with an extra head, the gun and more (AFTER we've all purchased this one, of course).

I look at this figure and I see "The Joker" from The Dark Knight, and so would anyone who sees this figure :)

And yes, I also see Ledger in the sculpt, but I would prefer to see the character first, not the actor.

The more I scrutinise these the more impressed I am.
Even if they follow up with an alternate version I have to have this one, and I always tell people 'never buy as an investment', but even if there are more HT follow up Joker figs I can't see these losing their appeal...Instant classic for me, can't wait to get these in hand.
I also wonder if we'll have a 'HT Jack Sparrow' situation where this is the only version with the full wardrobe, and that coat is too cool to pass on.

Are most people going to buy from Toys2? I've never bought from these Hot Toys secondary sellers, is there any one online seller I should trust over another?

Looks GREAT in some ways, missing something in others.
Colors are off in many areas. That red annoys me greatly. It should be a deep burnt orange color. Not so red. The pants and chain are nice. Shoes are ok, but not thin and upturned at the front enough. Need to be dustier and not so shiny. They are supposed to look old and cast off...like Chaplin's shoes...

Hands and props are NICE. Inner coat is ok, but I am worried about arm posability with so many layers of stuff on...shirtsleeves, coat sleeves, overcoat sleeves...this had better be some thin material or he'll be cloth bound a bit. Lots of layers there....even linings....

Head looks large-ish to me. Not a bad interpretive sculpt, but large. And the hair color need severe changes, as it is more dirty olive than this bright emerald green. Vest is close but is a tad more olive. I can only hope these photos, and this proto are just that, early versions.

Shirt pattern is nice. A bit visually strong and the hexes are a bit large, but it's nice. Close to the correct shades of greyblue

Tie needs the orange brown waves in it....

Sorry, artist in me after all the ref shots available by now....
I hope HT gets it worked out.

But, NICE figure regardless. I would give it 8 out of 10 easy. Change those few bits and it is pretty much on. I WILL get one...I like this better than the new "original" Batman. I'll hold out for him for the new DK suit when it comes out with a Two-Face.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be pre-ordering Joker ASAP.

Release date: Q3, 2008 very soon may be august!

RELEASE DATE: at least after the end of JUNE -2008 (This is the official release date of HOT TOYS. Item may has chance to delay due to their professionalism to guarantee the quality.

I'm contemplating picking this up....I just have a feeling by seeing the previews that I'm going to want this figure after I see the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back