Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this real quick when I was leaving for work this morning and :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 is all I can say. then the door bell rings and it's my shipment of wolfs, predaliens and an alien from cornerstore. :chew CSC said they will be putting it up for pre-order, just have to keep checking. gotta go open some boxes now. :D :chew

this got me to thinkin...

why doesn't hot toys quit re-releasing the exact same figure with different accessories... and just sell accessory packs?

think about it. mcfarlane made a bunch for several different toy lines, and they were awesome.

instead of screwing their customers by forcing them to buy the same $200 figure with a different head and a few new accessories, just sell a $50 pack with those and even more cool stuff to add to it.

problem solved.
________
3 series (e21)

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't too enthused about the first Wolf release. I didn't bite knowing that a re-release was imminent, and I wasn't impressed with the figure overall to be honest. None of the pics really made me wanna buy it. Not until about a week or so ago anyway. Finally decided to search around, and I found him for $150, and I'm on the wait list right now.

Having not been too fond of the first release figure initially I have to say that the pics for this release actually make me want to pre-order him, and I will. I agree it is a bit of a peeve that he's more of an alternative Wolf than a comprehensive figure like the BDP2, which makes it impossible to just buy one if you want a complete figure, but I can deal with it I guess. I'll just buy both, bash the two together to get a "complete" Wolf and maybe sell the spare parts I guess.
________
Expert insurance

Last edited:
Not too happy it about, especially because I would liked to have the Cleaner Kit (only thing I care about in this new release), but I'm glad people who missed out on the first one can get it now.
I still like the first release better, I believe the portrayal with his dual shoulder cannons is his more iconic look. :monkey1

Last edited:
This version is so medicore compared to the first release. Where's the unique and badass dual cannons? The medkit on the BD P2 was so useless but the kit had a roaring predator!

The only redeeming feature on this rerelease is the BD mask and interchangable mandibles, god I need those. Does his left arm gauntlet open on the first version?

i just hope sideshow doesnt release their own little "exclusive" cleaner wolf just to mess with us some more......

Dammit...I'd rather Hot Toys take longer with these figures and develop full "Ultimate" versions and maybe a slight price hike then re-release them with these unique items and everything else. Though I do know that this is more profitable for them.

I'll get him from Sideshow...that way I know they'll take a little longer to get him.

Cleaner Kit Wolf...here I come!!!

maybe the hand held cannon in this version are meant to be the rapresentation of when he take the other cannon in the ship from the comrades and put it on his cannon arm...at least he have to get it with his hand , do not it comes in his right shoulder arm flying ( :lol ) , and also is however clear that this 2 figures are coplementary at one-other cause when you have both can switch the BD mask and hand cannon in the original wolf varsion ( even if you cannot take out the cannons from armor and if you put the other armor with one it is the one who carry the cleaner kit, so WHAT A MESS HOT TOYS!! or maybe HOW MUCH YOU'RE SMART HOT TOYS THIS SMELLS LIKE ANOTHER RELEASE TO COME...umm who know? we can talk about it within 3 4 mounths...)

anyway i'd had like prefered the celticish pred from start...

Back