1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how many times do figures sell out before we see the final product? i usually wait until i see a review before ordering and i have yet to miss out on a figure i want. if there was no NRD then i probably woulndt be able to do that. everything would be tied up in preorders and you wouldnt know who was cancelling until its realeased.

Eh, I'm not going to apologize for preordering figures that I may, on rare occasion, decide to cancel later on-- usually either because I've lost interest or am disappointed in the final product. Especially after I've already given these businesses thousands of dollars over the years, and bought far more than I've ever cancelled.

The problem is i dont think its as rare an occasion with others or else there wouldn't be NRDs in the first place Even if it was, that would add up. Especially, for smaller retailers.

I mean i'm the same. I don't think i've ever actually cancelled a figure. I try to only order what I really want.

The problem is i dont think its as rare an occasion with others or else there wouldn't be NRDs in the first place Even if it was, that would add up. Especially, for smaller retailers.

I mean i'm the same. I don't think i've ever actually cancelled a figure. I try to only order what I really want.

many people are too impulsive and afraid they might miss out on something. they end up ordering stuff they might or might not want. i've yet to miss out on a figure i wanted by waiting closer to release. without nrds, retailers would not be able to accurately forecast stock/demand and may have to stop taking preorders much sooner. cancellation rates would be very high and it would make it tougher to try and order closer to release.

I wish they had kept the bobbed hair style ont he movie and hence the figure. Gave it a classic vibe. But she looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only input about NRDs is this, I get it. Not every figure will sell out. Example:
Sideshow is almost giving away TFA Stormtroopers. 30% off and free shipping. They can't get rid of them. You have to wonder what that does to the stores as far as stock, etc.
Personally, I've never ordered a figure I didn't want, so the NRD is meaningless to me. I just ordered Wasp.

I’m torn. I like the character and expect to enjoy the film as much as the first, and have no serious issues with the head-sculpt, but I find the colours on the costume drab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

many people are too impulsive and afraid they might miss out on something. they end up ordering stuff they might or might not want. i've yet to miss out on a figure i wanted by waiting closer to release. without nrds, retailers would not be able to accurately forecast stock/demand and may have to stop taking preorders much sooner. cancellation rates would be very high and it would make it tougher to try and order closer to release.

I missed out on CW Iron man. Still kicking myself for that.

I missed out on CW Iron man. Still kicking myself for that.

I ordered that May 9 from sideshow and it was delivered a month later on June 13. You usually have enough time too see pictures or reviews of production figures before they sell out.

My only input about NRDs is this, I get it. Not every figure will sell out. Example:
Sideshow is almost giving away TFA Stormtroopers. 30% off and free shipping. They can't get rid of them. You have to wonder what that does to the stores as far as stock, etc.
Personally, I've never ordered a figure I didn't want, so the NRD is meaningless to me. I just ordered Wasp.

Totally true, but having tons of left over TFA Stormtroopers isn't because of cancelled pre-orders, it's because the figures weren't popular or demand was over calculated. That's retail.

But even that is happening less and less with Big Hot Toys releases. Just look at any of the recent Infinity War figures on BBTS, they're almost all sold out on the pre-orders. We've been trained to pre-order or miss out and now they've slapped a fee on even considering the purchase.

I'm totally fine if they want to put an NRD on less popular figures but they're not going to lose a sale by allowing someone to cancel their Infinity War Thor figure.

Totally agree.

For me I don't like NRD not because I'm fickle or don't know if I want the figure, but because who the hell knows what is going to be going on in 1.5 years when these things come out..... Life happens man jobs could get lost, kids could come along, etc... so having to put down a NRD deposit on a prototype figure doesn't sit will with me.

Would be 100% fine with NRD if they took pre-orders when the final production shots were released or 2 months or so before release.

So wait to order till then. Yes, life happens. Having a family emergency or a kid or whatever is a legit excuse, and if it’s a one time thing Sideshow will even refund your nrd most the time. This isn’t about some onetime rare occasion issue. It’s about the people who order and don’t even know if they like that movie design, or are not sure if they want the figure and only order because there is no nrd or a dozen or bs reasons. I’ve yet to see a single post talking about I cancelled my PO because I lost my job or I had a kid. But in every thread I’ve seen many posts about people ordering who brag they probably won’t keep it, or don’t know if jthey want it, or only ordered because there is no nrd and there’s no harm if they cancel. The excuse that people don’t want nrds because of some potential life changing issue doesn’t hold up with the evidence.

So wait to order till then. Yes, life happens. Having a family emergency or a kid or whatever is a legit excuse, and if it’s a one time thing Sideshow will even refund your nrd most the time. This isn’t about some onetime rare occasion issue. It’s about the people who order and don’t even know if they like that movie design, or are not sure if they want the figure and only order because there is no nrd or a dozen or bs reasons. I’ve yet to see a single post talking about I cancelled my PO because I lost my job or I had a kid. But in every thread I’ve seen many posts about people ordering who brag they probably won’t keep it, or don’t know if jthey want it, or only ordered because there is no nrd and there’s no harm if they cancel. The excuse that people don’t want nrds because of some potential life changing issue doesn’t hold up with the evidence.

I can’t comment on anyone else’s rationale for what they do. Just stated why I personally don’t like NRDs, luckily I have never had to cancel an order for the reasons I mentioned though.

All things being equal if two places are equal in price and service but one has NRD and one doesn’t, I’d go for the non NRD place every time just for the peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I honestly just pay in full now. I know if i want something or not so i'll buy a gift card for whatever the price is $251 or whatever and use it. Then i don't have to worry about $2000 worth of figures charging a few days apart (happened with Ghostbusters and Hulkbuster but i only owed $48 plus shipping).

So if something happens next year kids, medical issues, need a new vehicle etc i don't have to worry because they are paid for and if i REALLY need the money i can just sell them

I will most likely get this after seeing the movie and i will pay for it in full when i do. If i'm not 100% sure about a figure (like the DC MKII) i will wait until it's released before orering it.

Those on the fence with the Wasp figure, go get it - she kicked ass in the movie! Not that Ant Man didn't either, but she was just so cool!

I agree with all of this. I’m still new to this, but completely intend to buy whatever I PO. In the event of Anakin for me I was bummed they announced a nearly identical version that I preferred, and SS was great in letting me cancel and simply use the NRD on another piece.

I agree with all of this. I’m still new to this, but completely intend to buy whatever I PO. In the event of Anakin for me I was bummed they announced a nearly identical version that I preferred, and SS was great in letting me cancel and simply use the NRD on another piece.

wait...sideshow allowed you to transfer your NRD to another figure? Never heard of that. Tried it once, but I was told no. I guess it's a one off thing

wait...sideshow allowed you to transfer your NRD to another figure? Never heard of that. Tried it once, but I was told no. I guess it's a one off thing

They let me do it on my vest first order, I got scavenger Rey but moved to a deluxe Rey.

They will one time. Unless there’s some production issue like with the first hulkbuster, then they will do it as well. I’ve even heard of the occasional second or third time of them doing it over a long period of time or if there’s a big change on the final product.

Man the outift is really tempting me..but i think ill settle in trying to get her and antmans mini versions. I cant find the mini scotts that came with the the other CW figures anymore

Back