1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is a bit off. But much better than the Asmus Evangeline Lilly sculpt from The Hobbit Tauriel figure.

Maybe it's the neutral expression that's throwing it off? Evangeline Lilly has really distinct dimples and teeth when she smiles.

PO'd at Timewalker.

Enjoyed the movie and Wasp was the standout but I'm not sure enough for a purchase.. And I do have every other title character or have them ordered

Too many Ragnarok and Infinity figures to pay for..

I enjoyed the Wasp very much, definitely a keeper! but I'm pissed that...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Eh, I get what you’re saying, but I really didn’t have an issue with it; mostly because of exactly what dj said.

My thoughts on that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sculpt is off after the recent Hot Toys sculpt hot streak...oh well. May wait for the inevitable new suit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I really enjoyed this movie-

Spoiler Spoiler:

You think the sculpt on this is better than the TA Wonder Woman then?

This is still a prototype and WW is production with better in hand photos but from what i have seen i think in the end they will be pretty clsoe to each other.

I think the production WW looks better than the prototype but it could just be getting it in hand and having good photos taken under good light.

Saw the movie yesterday and took another look at this figure. I think the head sculpt is pretty lousy now. Fails to really get the look and attitude of Hope.

Agreed. I like the helmeted look better and will display it that way. The hope sculpt looks nice but I will most likely only use it for a couple of pics and then back in the box it goes.

Shame this is so far away, but she and Ant-Man look great together. Ugh, 2019 is already getting expensive, but may need to squeeze this in. It's a problem for Future Me, after all.

Saw the movie yesterday and took another look at this figure. I think the head sculpt is pretty lousy now. Fails to really get the look and attitude of Hope.

Can't agree with that. Sculpt captures her look perfectly from the movie. Hot Toys just typically leaves most figures with a neutral look, which some people don't care for. I am very happy and hoping the final production sculpt is darn close to their prototype. Sad the wait will be nearly a year and a half before she gets here (along with Ant Man).

IMO they made her head shape too narrow on the full sculpt which is why it resembles Liv Tyler from some angles, but the face for what I assume is the in-mask sculpt looks a lot better because the cheekbones are more pronounced.

It doesn't change much for me because I was never planning on displaying her with the sculpt anyway.

36973029_1893463530717954_3170227064687034368_n.jpg36988077_1893463447384629_675047882587373568_o.jpg36963539_1893463634051277_5144778505963175936_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back