1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 301 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure (full pics/specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch Figure discussion

I think he means she's screaming because people are mistaking her for her sister :lol

tumblr_m5kbumtPpi1r777xho1_500.gif

:lol

As for Fox, there won't be any licensing issues or anything like that. Marvel has been more than clear that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't mutants, and are indeed Inhumans. Hell, they're even rewriting a lot of comic book history and REALLY pushing Inhumans now as a brand, both in the comics and in Agents of Shield. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're replacing mutants in general; but they're really making sure Inhumans are known by all.

Actually, all the clues are pointing to them being the High Evolutionary's experiments. Plus, you have Cthon in there, and the Whizzer/Miss America thing so I'm not sure how they're going to tie it all together. Also, they now apparently have a new "sister" who's faster than Pietro and a better "Probabillity-Manipulator" than Wanda, so there's that as well...

I hope Hot Toys will make a toy of her. Maybe they haven't revealed her or Quicksilver yet, due to them getting a costume change in the film? :dunno

I hope Hot Toys will make a toy of her. Maybe they haven't revealed her or Quicksilver yet, due to them getting a costume change in the film? :dunno

Thats possible. I think they will be made, in fact I have no doubt, and I'm usually right so you can rest easy :wink1: :monkey3

Would be a shame if Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver figures don't get produced due to this whole disputed rights malaise.

I can see them rushing out fight Ultron and Tony stopping the twins, giving them a weird look and asking "you are not going to fight evil wearing that are you?". Then making them new outfits. :lol

I can see them rushing out fight Ultron and Tony stopping the twins, giving them a weird look and asking "you are not going to fight evil wearing that are you?". Then making them new outfits. :lol

:rotfl

Well apparently Disney isn't allowing XM to move forward on their production of Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch statues. Hopefully they won't interfere with HT's plans on releasing them. :monkey4 :monkey4

Disney loves HT, they've won that Merchandise award thing 3 times in a row

6abcda73jw1eo7zdy53blj211i0p07dh.jpg

inb4 Disney buys Hot Toys...

Disney loves HT, they've won that Merchandise award thing 3 times in a row

6abcda73jw1eo7zdy53blj211i0p07dh.jpg
Who else should get it? Who makes better representations of the characters? Not trying to be smart. Just asking. If it where your characters who would you give it to?

They will 100% release the Twins...they're clearly just on the back end of all that's being released. There are about a dozen figures it seems, especially with the trio of Ultrons, and a new War Machine as well. Certain pieces are just easier to push out, like the new Thor and Black Widow, who are both just repaints, albeit with new outfits! Still takes time, but they're on the "easier" end of it all.

The twins, like Vision, and Ultron, are first time candidates! Vision looks like he'll be put up for display soon, but the Twins look like they could be near the end. I'm hoping not, but they'll be coming.

In terms of Fox and Marvel, and who owns what...Fox owns the rights to mutants and such, and Marvel owns the rights to Avengers. Since Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are both mutants AND Avengers, they're technically owned by both studios and just used in different ways. Apparently they've had discussions, and all is well in the world. Marvel isn't going to say the word Mutant, and they're no longer the children of Magneto in the MCU, whereas Fox has Quicksilver as a mutant, and did hint at Magneto being his father in Days of Future Past.

In the end, it's a tangled studio web of who owns what and why, but in this case there's a middle ground. And I think Fox has better things to do than to try and block Marvel/Disney from making a Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver Hot Toy :lol

Back