1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not shure to have understood what have you done.... pictures please!!! :wink1:

I had to use a bit of glue to get the belt to stay clipped. Guess my Vader is a bit of a fatty....which I wanted that beefy look.

But the ANH suit is two pieces....main suit, with upper body suit.....

vader.jpg

And rogue one is similar. Placed its upper body suit on top of the ANH one. So, I have My vader wearing two of that upper body portion at the same time. Simply trying to making him look as beefy as I can. But, with the inner tunic and cape on, you can't tell

I had to use a bit of glue to get the belt to stay clipped. Guess my Vader is a bit of a fatty....which I wanted that beefy look.

But the ANH suit is two pieces....main suit, with upper body suit.....

And rogue one is similar. Placed its upper body suit on top of the ANH one. So, I have My vader wearing two of that upper body portion at the same time. Simply trying to making him look as beefy as I can. But, with the inner tunic and cape on, you can't tell

Interesting...hope to see wip pictures with the double upper suit !

I’m wondering if the Tarkin Vader is taller than the OG ANH? Probably on the RO body. Anyone have the two for comparison?

It looks fine. That's how it looks in the movies.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Look at the stormtrooper right next to it. Look at the distance between the eye lenses and the top of the helmet. He has a normal head. Now measure the distance between Vader's lenses to the top of the head. Even if you account for the mask over his head underneath the helmet, it shouldn't be that tall. And no, it's not how it looks in the movies. Go look at ANH. The helmet isn't that tall. But you do it however you want. No one says you can't have egghead vader.

Has anyone officially gone "mental" or blind trying to install the batteries in the belt boxes? I think I may just shine the electronics. I can't get the batteries in to save my life.

Has anyone officially gone "mental" or blind trying to install the batteries in the belt boxes? I think I may just shine the electronics. I can't get the batteries in to save my life.

I remember it being a super pain the a$$ to get the batteries in the belt boxes. I even bought an extra belt from TA after reading how people broke the belt trying to adjust it, just to be safe. I never ever even bothered putting batteries in the Vader body and checking if the sound worked after hearing all the issues people had. I hope it actually works if I ever decide to..

Thanks for the clearance, Clarence.

Roger, Roger. [emoji1303] Can I show my egghead now?

f45016f3233195729569e6c0b5548b0e.jpg

I remember it being a super pain the a$$ to get the batteries in the belt boxes. I even bought an extra belt from TA after reading how people broke the belt trying to adjust it, just to be safe. I never ever even bothered putting batteries in the Vader body and checking if the sound worked after hearing all the issues people had. I hope it actually works if I ever decide to..

Don’t bother, stripping Vader feels sacrilegious and demeaning, for a very limited upside. You might as well play ANH audio clips while admiring the figure I think.

Back