1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you set that up fast. Look great.

Thanks.

It's a bit strange, the cape on the right side (bottom) isn't completely relaxed. I thought it was 'static' build up at first, but I think it got scrunched up in the box. Hopefully I can get it straightened out. No big deal. The batteries weren't as hard to put in as I thought they'd be so that was nice. Not even going to try for the sound fx feature though. Have to say that the lightsaber arm scares me a bit. I feel like when I swap it out I might pull too hard and mess up the hand/lightsaber wiring. It would have been nice if they would have incorporated a release button for the elbow connection. Just have to be careful I guess.

Love those head to head photos with Kylo! Makes me think having a HT Emperor behind Vader and a HT Snoke behind Kylo would be a seriously kick-ass display.

Thanks.

It's a bit strange, the cape on the right side (bottom) isn't completely relaxed. I thought it was 'static' build up at first, but I think it got scrunched up in the box. Hopefully I can get it straightened out. No big deal. The batteries weren't as hard to put in as I thought they'd be so that was nice. Not even going to try for the sound fx feature though. Have to say that the lightsaber arm scares me a bit. I feel like when I swap it out I might pull too hard and mess up the hand/lightsaber wiring. It would have been nice if they would have incorporated a release button for the elbow connection. Just have to be careful I guess.

Love those head to head photos with Kylo! Makes me think having a HT Emperor behind Vader and a HT Snoke behind Kylo would be a seriously kick-ass display.

Man I was going to ask the same thing..How do you remove the lightsaber arm once on. Will the sleeve roll up enough to grab the fore arm? Obviously you can't remove the fist.

Man I was going to ask the same thing..How do you remove the lightsaber arm once on. Will the sleeve roll up enough to grab the fore arm? Obviously you can't remove the fist.

Very carefully, It is a royal pain in the but. It took me a couple tries. First I wasn't pushing it in enough and after a few tries I got it to pop in. And in removing it I had to be extremely careful with the hand.The elbow peg is extremely tight and you have to apply ample force to pop it out. Unfortunately even with the slit in the sleeve the suit bunches up so much and the gauntlet gets in the way too. I wish they could've come up with a way to make some sort of magnetic induction switch for the saber so you didn't have to risk damaging the saber. Strange design indeed.

Got mine today. Someone that mentioned how heavy the cape wasn't kidding. The cape is heavier than the figure. Can't wait to play around with it in the next couple of days.

Just checked my tracking info. Early delivery tomorrow. Originally scheduled for Thursday.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Mine was shipped today. I'm glad Im just sticking to ANH(+ Fett and Yoda if made) because HT Star Wars can do some serious damage to one's finances.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450831584.060310.jpg

Well, I won't have Vader for Christmas... but I will have him, Space trooper, and Luke Storm trooper ring in the new year! I just e-mailed Sideshow to process my three orders now! And by the 25th I will only have one more flex payment on my sand trooper, so I will be speeding him up as well!

Got Vader just now. Cape is HEAVY, but of a very very nice quality. Dome appears to be asymmetrical, which I had not noticed in pics. Hands not as annoying in person, ironically..........I'll always have a special place in my heart for my SSC ANH Vader with modified Hasbro dome, but the differences in the two are pretty apparent...

Got this yesterday. Great figure.
I was actually able to turn on the sound by feeling the switch through all the layers of clothing. Unfortunately, when I wanted to turn it off I couldn't feel the switch anymore, so after several tries I had to take a lot of the clothes off to get at it.
This is crazy. Surely Hot Toys could have come up with something more convenient than this.

My only complaint: still half a head too tall, but what an amazing figure!!!!! Thanks for the pics, all! Awesome stuff......anyone on the bubble with this one: do it. Not a modest upgrade from the sideshow version. A pretty huge upgrade

I got my Vader! He arrived a few hours ago. I really dig this figure. The helmet is the **** and the hands don't bother me, really at all. The boots are kind of weird with too much material. But with the cape and tunic back on, I don't notice it. I've decided to not mess with the batteries or light up saber feature. He's going in my cabinet and I don't intend to mess with him very much outside of reposing.

Anyone pick this guy up who also has the Sideshow Deluxe Vader? I'd love to see some side by side comparisons. I have the Sideshow deluxe version and I'm on the fence as to if its really worth getting this one. Kind of seems like where one has strengths the other has the weakness, like a balanced trade off.

Did it last week.

82EADFB1-D447-4E03-9CE3-8BB1ED14D955.jpg

Received mine today. Lots of futzing left to do, but really feels good to have this one.

I'm gonna pass on this because I bet my left nut that they release a 2.0 of this down the line without the silly wristbands. People can gloss over it all they want but that looks ridiculous. And when they fix the gloves and release it again with another feature or part/base I wonder how many people will sell their original version and buy the new one...
Hot Toys wins again.

Back