1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to recreate the opening sequence from "A New Hope"...

DSC09469_zpszwt6kgf0.jpg

Per youtube reviewer...his torso seems too long and not proprotion.........is there a way to adjust it higher so his legs dont look too short. It's holding me back on purchasing him.

Clipper king has a video on adjusting the crotch guard.

Picked Vader off UPS. I'll hold off til I'm sure I have 3 - 5 hours free to futz vader and then repose my troopers.

Per youtube reviewer...his torso seems too long and not proprotion.........is there a way to adjust it higher so his legs dont look too short. It's holding me back on purchasing him.

Yes, just raise the crotch piece and belt higher - his legs suddenly look better!

Thanks all.......feel like I am in the elite Vader HT club!

Clipper king has a video on adjusting the crotch guard.

Picked Vader off UPS. I'll hold off til I'm sure I have 3 - 5 hours free to futz vader and then repose my troopers.
Thanks.

Yes, just raise the crotch piece and belt higher - his legs suddenly look better!

Thanks all.......feel like I am in the elite Vader HT club!
Sounds good.

Nice picture, curse!

Congrats to Matt S and Jaymas!!!
Thanks, but so far very frustrating experience. The belt is ripped where it should latch, and one of the light up boxes won't work when I put the batteries in (they are in corrected and batteries are good because I swapped them with the other box to test) - and of course had the same reported trouble others have had with the sound as well.

I reported the issue with the belt and I am waiting to hear back from sideshow.

Here's the dilemma. My wife will either be getting me a new laptop computer or this Darth Vader as a belated Christmas present. I really don't know what to do...get the laptop as I currently don't have one (I really need one too) or get Vader. I worry about missing out on such a great figure but there is the possibility there will be another HT Vader next year or so. Decisions, it's need or want, which one? :panic:

Laptop... as you said you need one, it's also probably a lot more than Vader is too so more value for your present :p

Here's the dilemma. My wife will either be getting me a new laptop computer or this Darth Vader as a belated Christmas present. I really don't know what to do...get the laptop as I currently don't have one (I really need one too) or get Vader. I worry about missing out on such a great figure but there is the possibility there will be another HT Vader next year or so. Decisions, it's need or want, which one? :panic:
Laptop since you really need one. Vader isn't going anywhere and they might even do a new one sooner or later.

how are you guys fixing his ankles? Do you need to take the boot completely off and work the pegs or something?

The ankles on mine move up and down but don't pivot side to side - is that normal? it's not on Han or other figures. Is that the same trouble you are having?

gee, another thing to add to my list of issues

Back