1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just got shipped out. Pretty excited..my first Hot Toy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I just went through my parts and the cape wow it is heavy. and the material they used is great. they even went as far as to put the black liner on both edges of the cape like it looked on film. to bad ss did not even bother to do that on any of there vaders capes

That sounds good. I've already asked Tony Mei about a care and he says it's TBD. I'd prefer to not have to splurge on such an accessory that Hot Toys can just make right straight out the gate.

Correct. Otherwise there would have been no Luke and Leia. Although, it could have been Padme, but based on all evidence at hand, I'd say No...

He said he was too busy fighting in the Clone Wars to hang about. Was probably like Uther in Excalibur and didn't even bother to take his armour off. :wink1:

HT VADER.jpg

Look who I found when I got home Today.....:yess:

My Vader got updated delivery for tomorrow. Much better than Thursday. So x-wing Luke and Vader tomorrow. Yay

Christmas Eve here. Talk about cutting it close lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Congrats on all the Vaders, fellers! I can't justify the price for me, but had a thought today: IF Vader makes an appearance in Rogue One AND they appropriately go with the ANH design on him, hopefully Hot Toys makes a Vader from the film, albeit with fewer electronics and therefore a smaller price tag...

Well, I can dream, can't I??

Got mine yesterday and he is pretty awesome. The gloves do not really bother me in person either. The wire in his cloak were annoying so I removed them and it is much better now.

how do you remove that wire? is there a tutorial anywhere?

I just poked the bottom of the wire out of the fabric and it pulled right out. Not hard at all.

What other fixes are "must do" for him? After messing with him for a bit yesterday, I'm thinking I should've kept my ROTJ Sideshow one. Something about him looks "stocky" instead of tall. And his ankles, or lack of articulation, annoy me. I'm assuming its a peg issue?:dunno

After messing with him for a bit yesterday, I'm thinking I should've kept my ROTJ Sideshow one. Something about him looks "stocky" instead of tall.

He's certainly bulkier. One of the first things I noticed was the paunch created by the padding. Thought that was kinda cool. But he barely looks any shorter than the ROTJ. Being beefed up makes him more menacing.

The ROTJ is banished to the corner of a high shelf wearing the Anakin head and severed hand. He looks all right with a bit of padding in his arms, and his legs hidden by the inner robe.

Wow. I am very impressed by the cape and robe. Super nice (and supple) material. My custom is nearly complete! :panic:

Back