1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it last week.

82EADFB1-D447-4E03-9CE3-8BB1ED14D955.jpg

I don't see Darth Vader in this picture! Ther's something off. At my eyes they are two guys with vader costume for alloween or for a vader costume contest! And they are not the winner! :cuckoo: I'm fool...I know this! :cuckoo:

An ESB version is a given but good luck with an ANH 2.0. I don't see any reason for them to ever revisit this iteration. Star Wars has an endless supply of characters that'll sell better than ANH Vader V2. Even if we were to see one in 5 years time, I'd still rather this figure on the shelf in the interim. $300 in that perspective is nothing.

Mine was shipped today. I'm glad Im just sticking to ANH(+ Fett and Yoda if made) because HT Star Wars can do some serious damage to one's finances.

Same here, Just getting this vader and fett. I had an opportunity to get the Han/Chewie set at retail, but passed. I figured if I got them, I'd have to get Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan, R2 and C3PO. I can't handle that lol.

An ESB version is a given but good luck with an ANH 2.0. I don't see any reason for them to ever revisit this iteration. Star Wars has an endless supply of characters that'll sell better than ANH Vader V2. Even if we were to see one in 5 years time, I'd still rather this figure on the shelf in the interim. $300 in that perspective is nothing.

well said; exactly my thoughts!

Just my eyes?

No, not just you. There are some ANH shots where both "tusks" appear to be silver, but in many shots only one is silver (or silver enough to catch lighting). Even in the shot you posted, the right tusk is mottled a bit.

My point is mostly that its not silver by design. You could probably change that with a silver sharpie.

Last edited:
just got Vader - he looks great, but having to remove clothes to test sound. How does the belt come off? I feel like I am going to break or tear something.

Back