1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cave, CAVE...You must CAVE! Have you SEEN the pics..? Save yourself undue and prolonged anguish and just cave now!! You KNOW you're gonna!

The cave! Remember your failure at the cave! :lol

Those are Don Tam's pics, Yankees. Just not quoted properly.

Ah, thanks. Gotta give credit where it's due. :duff

yeah the helmet on the HT is def better, but I don't think people should run and panic over swapping from the SSC to the HT, because the SSC still is a nice figure, and I know it sounds like I'm smoothing it over since I'm probably not getting the HT vader (I will surely bite on the next HT ESB vader as ESB anything > all, for me.) but I actually prefer the light up chestbox to the complicated to reach voice sounds at this point, and the differences aren't crucial enough or leaps and bounds for me. That helmet is glorious however! Maybe this comment would be different if we were comparing two Fett figures. Anyone also noticing the difference in stitching? Did HT purposely make their stitch lines that way? The SSC stitching seems much more finer detailed, but maybe that's an artistic choice. If I could get a HT vader head to try on my SSC I'd be interested. But I wonder if the SSC head is domed like that for the reveal and the neck is like that for the portrait swap? You get a lot of head for your SSC $ lololol. Also for me, not sure it's worth mentioning the comparison of the chest box and belt box detailing as clearly the versions between ANH and ESB are different, but I do like the styling of detail that the SSC has... tbh a bit less nobby/bulky/toy looking than the HT. Not sure about accuracy here though. But visually.

That side view portrait of Vader though is just beautiful. Very very beautiful.

If anyone has both Vaders in hand.. would love to see what a headswap looks like on the SSC body :pray:

The SSC DX suit has no actual stitching - it is a molded pleather with "sculpted" stitches and detail.

To achieve a more realistic effect, the DX jumpsuit could be crumpled heavily and then have a little dappled gloss and matte clear applied to achieve a rippled leather look.

The SSC DX suit has no actual stitching - it is a molded pleather with "sculpted" stitches and detail.

To achieve a more realistic effect, the DX jumpsuit could be crumpled heavily and then have a little dappled gloss and matte clear applied to achieve a rippled leather look.

That's really interesting. Thanks for that tid bit Tali - in comparison what is HT's suit? actually stitched leather? or still pleather

I think the next HT Vader which will be ESB or ROTJ or ESB/ROTJ will be insane. That is the Vader I'll be buying and then simply throw away my old giraffe SSC ANH. :p

Hot Toys has once again outdone themselves far surpassing Sideshow. I'm glad I trusted their prototype photos to resemble what we're getting. I still can't forget forget how Sideshow duped everyone revealing their ANH prototype helmet at SDCC, and then delivered the crap final with a dome that looked worse than a Hasbro 12 inch.

vadercompare.png

Sideshow f'ed us all, and twice when their ROTJ came out. There's no reason they couldn't have gotten it closer the second time around.

My only regret is that they're distributing for Hot Toys and are now getting to triple dip.

hey -wow - thanks. That's kind of you even if it turns out you can't find them. :duff

EDIT: wow- you found them! Thanks

No worries :duff

Mines landed on the mainland. :rock

Just a short trip to the island and he's here. :)

Look forward to your thoughts :rock

Gorgeous pics, para. :duff

Great... Thanks for posting those again YFB....I've PEED myself again....jerk.

Control, control, you must learn control...of your bladder. :lol

I may have peed myself a little....checking. Yep, peed...

A good time to repost this again then...

u3iag.jpg

This Vader's gone from a "don't think I want this", to a "must have this" !

:rotfl

Thanks guys ;)

Thank you for posting the comparison pics Para.

No problem :duff

Back