1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Soz about iPhone pics and weather is crap as always in England

The SS one looks like his helmet has been in a vice it don't flare out
And his legs are so long
But at least they got his eye colour right like a red tinge

If I didn't already have my modded Vader and a preorder cue that's alreadyfull to capacity, I would definitely order this. Parra's pics look great!

James! Your (custom?) Vader looks amazing man.

What a wonky*** thing that first SSC one was - & folks were literally creaming over that thing when it was announced. :lol

View attachment 223487

Soz about iPhone pics and weather is crap as always in England

Jeezus. [emoji38] Yeah, the dome looks like it's squished. And of course the absurdly tall body.

Great pics james! That SS version was awful looking,although the suit was pretty good.
There's a few things. The suit like you said, the boots, hands and belt are all good. And.......
The SS one looks like his helmet has been in a vice it don't flare out
And his legs are so long
But at least they got his eye colour right like a red tinge
They nailed the lens color/effect. If there is one thing that is undoubtedly better on the SSC it's the lenses. They really are excellent. All the other stuff that I think still holds up and can be used has an HT counterpart that's it's equal or better.

But I will give it a go. If there are any requests...

If you'd take a few high res shots of the instruction sheet it would be much appreciated. I'd love to see how the batteries are installed and what size they are.

That weathering puts it over the edge for me. I'm salivating, man! That chest armor was just too clean. Now, it looks like a 501st replica.
Yes maybe your right I'll probably go over again with the paint
stock copy looks like a toy though especially the chest box and belt
That's why I've got 2 I like to mess around with one.
Trash it LOL

I admit the pic's look amazing but Clipperkings video making want to pass on him all together. If anything i'd buy n love to switch to a regular body n just get a custom light up saber. I just think i'd rather enjoy my 300 buck's elsewhere. If i do get him ever later down the line after people are annoyed with him or when parted out and bash my own. I think sideshow did the batterys best on belt and just everything sounds not fun at all. I'll be happy to pass for now.

Back