1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

I understand their choices.... Hot Toys went with what will sell. Look at last year's crop. it took a while for Evil Superman to sell as well as Captain America. Hot Toys knows they will sell a Bank Robber Joker with no issues. I for one am glad that Bank Robber Joker is getting reissued because ebay prices are obscene on it.

Collecting is about buying what YOU like, period.

That's kinda hard when the company that makes the best 1/6 figures in the world and owns many great licenses other company's can't touch decides to make the same crap over and over and over again, you know?

As a company it's pretty obvious there at a stage where they want to make as much money as possible, and not make every cult figure for the 25% of fans that will make 25% of the profit that doing these figures will for the company - regardless of it being a re-re-re-re-release or not...

The cult figures just aren't that important as they were to HT survival or wallet, they know it and most importantly we all know it, but you still see everyone moan, crying out about what they want. It just ain't HT anymore :dunno

Plus why would you want anything new as a TF release anyway? and they are going to get around to doing others. Whether it takes years or not. Half the figures of this past year have been pretty boring, but it makes them money so we have to deal with the money makers

That being said, they shouldn't hold onto licenses either. If people care that much go the custom route. Shell out

Toy Fairs actually describes a line of events, like the SDCC as far as I know.
Anybody remember at which conventions the previous TF figures were shown first before?

I believe it's around July 17th-19th but they reveal the exclusive prior to the events so we'll be getting the announcements for all 3 during the next 2-3 weeks.

Hope this is a Bank Robber 2.0. Missed out on the original and was about to buy it from someone the other day too.

Cheers fellas.

vlcsnap00005bt0.jpg

Actually wondering what they could / would improve.

See potential in another body, more blueish shirt, maybe slightly better tailoring / thinner fabric, slightly better shaped masked / more weathered and a more accurate / more angular blue bag.

I mean that's what makes me curious about this release if it's really a 2.0 of the current 1/6 version, since that was pretty great already, specially for it's time. A new one would have to be pretty badass to top that.

Pretty much. I want paint apps as good as what this promised:

82a4997aa55cbd1b170b884f03c25b0d_zps325b428b.jpg

Really unnecessary. The existing figure is amazing and includes everything needed for the figure

This is how i feel. Unless this thing really blows the old one out of the water, I don't see myself getting this.

I'm also a bit disappointed in these exclusives. I've been holding off on buying anything recently because I was saving my cash to see what was going to be released for TF. The plus side is I get to blow my money on other figures I've been wanting. :lol

I wonder if we will finally get a smiling sculpt too a la reveal.

I would want Ra's above any other... except an updated Begins suit

I don't care what Hot Toys business model is. All I know is, they were more fun to collect when they were churning out surprises like the Godfather, Tech Noir T-800, Christopher Reeve Superman, '89 Batman, Scarecrow and Demon Batman deluxe sets, Lt. Gordon, Indiana Jones, the Crow etc. Now they only focus on what sells instead of taking chances like the above.

Show exclusives could be fun and exciting. Where's an exclusive Terminator figure? That's a successful license they have. They could do Kyle Reese or something. But no, Nolan Batman/Joker, Iron Man, Predator. It surprises the hell out of me that long time members/collectors can still get excited for a 5th or 6th iteration of a character. People *****ed and moaned when the Mime Joker (which was only the second version of the character) popped up, but ohhhhhh, the millionth Heath Ledger Joker, "gimme, gimme, gimme".

I love the character too (Joker was one of the reasons I collected Hot Toys in the first place and signed up on here) but give it a rest already

Yes to all of this.

I think the nicest surprise from HT lately has been the Crow, which I didn't buy, but it was cool to see them actually do something for the love of the craft. A character that has a cult following and hasn't seen any love from high end companies. No stupid teasers, just BLAM!

If Zod and MoS Superman sold well, it could have been a Faora in the middle of that pic. But no. Sadly HT has to make sure that the bullet would hit the target.

Now that would've been a great toy fair figure

People do post in those threads, to no avail. Sort of hard for a thread to stand out in the Marvel or DC section these days . . .

It's tough to do when your interests lie with a company that has a collection that spawns several licenses . . . and the same two or three are in constant rotation and their fans won't shut the hell up about them because they can't get enough.

Coulda had,

- Ra's Al Ghul
- Surfs up West Batman
- Ninja Bruce
- Comm. Gordon
- First Class Charles Xavier (Still BS to this day)
- Pepper Potts in suit
- Killian
- MoS black suit Superman
- Battle damaged Cathedral Batman
- SII Zod

And the like, but nah, same crap that we've seen pretty much every other year, for the past 6 years.

I don't care what Hot Toys business model is. All I know is, they were more fun to collect when they were churning out surprises like the Godfather, Tech Noir T-800, Christopher Reeve Superman, '89 Batman, Scarecrow and Demon Batman deluxe sets, Lt. Gordon, Indiana Jones, the Crow etc. Now they only focus on what sells instead of taking chances like the above.

Show exclusives could be fun and exciting. Where's an exclusive Terminator figure? That's a successful license they have. They could do Kyle Reese or something. But no, Nolan Batman/Joker, Iron Man, Predator. It surprises the hell out of me that long time members/collectors can still get excited for a 5th or 6th iteration of a character. People *****ed and moaned when the Mime Joker (which was only the second version of the character) popped up, but ohhhhhh, the millionth Heath Ledger Joker, "gimme, gimme, gimme".

I love the character too (Joker was one of the reasons I collected Hot Toys in the first place and signed up on here) but give it a rest already

:goodpost: :exactly:

Yes to all of this.

I think the nicest surprise from HT lately has been the Crow, which I didn't buy, but it was cool to see them actually do something for the love of the craft. A character that has a cult following and hasn't seen any love from high end companies. No stupid teasers, just BLAM!

Man, that says it all. If they make things many like to see (I liked The Crow as well btw) but only a few buy in the end, they would kick themselves out of business, and what would be the sense in that?

That's kinda hard when the company that makes the best 1/6 figures in the world and owns many great licenses other company's can't touch decides to make the same crap over and over and over again, you know?

Absolutely. I get that it's frustrating not to see the releases that you want the most.

I wonder if we will finally get a smiling sculpt too a la reveal.
I have a strong feeling that will be one of the sculpts, if it indeed has two sculpts.

Ironically, I remember when the first preview pic hit people were blowing their loads thinking it was . . . Bank robber Joker.

:lol Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

They are still releasing other figures though that's why some of the posts are pretty ironic.

Yes they are rinsing Nolan Batman, Iron Man and Predator but they are still churning out other figures albeit at a slower pace.

It's just because they aren't figures a few certain licenses individuals want... the dummy goes out of the pram.

If you get it on sideshow, it's retail. If you get it somewhere else...well, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Will the Toy Fair releases be made available by Sideshow for sure?

I'm unsure because I don't remember Gordon, Demon Bat DX pack being available from them, but then last year Evil Supes and the other Toy Fair exclusives were available from Sideshow.

Yes to all of this.

I rather all releases be structured the way they announced the Crow. Hot Toys seems to just buy license for the sake of having it so no other company can grab it and then sit on it while it rots away unused. Then you have a bunch of people who constantly whine, "Where is Batman Returns? BBTF? MJ Smooth Criminal? Prometheus? Batman Arkham City"

Granted, I'm sure licensing with the head sculpts take time to get the proper approval, like with what happened with the change in sculpt for the DX06. But at this point why not just keep it behind closed doors then announce it when you have the proper announcement. It's cruel yet hilarious knowing that this announcement was made 2 1/2 years ago.

Batman Returns, another great superhero movie directed by Tim Burton! We are here proud to present this movie license to our fans!

The 1/6th and 1/4th scale Collectible Figures will be launched in late 2012. Please stay tuned!

It's funny how they are still making figures from the trilogy, batman begins is gonna be at it's 10th anniversary next year with dark knight going on 6 years yet they still can't get their s*** together for batman returns.
:exactly: :lol

Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge
..plus a side of Nolan Joker on top. :lol

I just sold my BRJ - for an AWESOME price.. so if this one's better.. I might get it - eventually.

Yeah. Ditto to the posts regarding the never ending cycle of 'safe' releases - ****ing hell!! :lol

BRJ is a figure that I do not have in my collection so I would be happy for him to be releases again in 1/6 scale.

But having said that it is a lazy and unimaginative route for HT to go down but one that will have them laughing all the way to the 'bank' no pun intended. :wink1:

Very happy for you guys who do not have a BR Joker in your collection. I second what Sidious says: lazy and unimaginative way of utilizing an exclusive release slot.

If you had a car dealership and you knew without a doubt you'd sell the hell out of Fords and Dodge vehicles then you'd put your effort into stocking those and every so often throwing a Toyota into the mix.

Hot Toys wants money- appeasing the collector market with more obscure releases is not a strong part of their strategy.

Would I rather have more variety? Absolutely but I can appreciate the fact they go with home runs.

The Crow hasn't sold out anywhere. The GI Joe Retaliation figures are in stock. Add in the 66 Batman stuff and MoS they do give us variety but it shows them that the non Iron Man and Nolan releases aren't the bank busters.

I'm unsure because I don't remember Gordon, Demon Bat DX pack being available from them, but then last year Evil Supes and the other Toy Fair exclusives were available from Sideshow.

Gordon was available from SS. That's where I ordered him from. All of these will be through SS and likely through BBTS or AE as well.

They all were available at SSC.

Back