1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

vlcsnap00005bt0.jpg

Actually wondering what they could / would improve.

See potential in another body, more blueish shirt, maybe slightly better tailoring / thinner fabric, slightly better shaped masked / more weathered and a more accurate / more angular blue bag.

I mean that's what makes me curious about this release if it's really a 2.0 of the current 1/6 version, since that was pretty great already, specially for it's time. A new one would have to be pretty badass to top that.

Am I seeing this correct that the coat and the pants are not the same shade of grey?

Never noticed that before.

Will be interesting to see if it has more than one head again like the first set. I think the shotgun will finally be added and probably more cash bundles. Probably a head for the mask and the stranger smile based on their love of doing teeth lately.

Am I seeing this correct that the coat and the pants are not the same shade of grey?

Never noticed that before.

Will be interesting to see if it has more than one head again like the first set. I think the shotgun will finally be added and probably more cash bundles. Probably a head for the mask and the stranger smile based on their love of doing teeth lately.

Yeah, it really does seam so, also on other pictures the Jacket is darker than the pants. Since I doubt they would make rooted hair I'm pretty sure it would come with two heads again. Not sure about the smiling sculpt though, think it would look odd if just posed as loose standing figure and would only work well in the specific pose imo.

So, just because there's new collectors? People seem to miss out on releases all the time, and while I agree that is somewhat "fair" to give these people a chance, why not create new stuff and figures from great movies like when HT started?
Look at takara, for example. They keep re-releasing Masterpiece TF's all the time for the ones that "manage to miss out" while still putting out new, excellent releases.
Not HT. Joker Joker Bale Batman Bale Batman IM IM IM IM IM some predator here and there and the occasional barbie doll (Maleficient).

But you all at right, this crap sells, and sells a lot. They stopped caring about cult films and movies people grew up with. Hell, the fact that they are making Robocop surprises me. As a business, they love the $$$ fanz are willing to pay for re-re-re-re-leases and more stuff from the same damn license.

In reality, fanzzz are the ones to blame, not HT. Chang is probably doing three girls right now while we talk about a Joker that will hopefully come with "real hair"... Lol. wtf is next?

The Iron man bothers me more than the other 2, they are working on beating down their 3rd horse with that one.:horse:horse:horse

It's funny how they are still making figures from the trilogy, batman begins is gonna be at it's 10th anniversary next year with dark knight going on 6 years yet they still can't get their s*** together for batman returns.

So, just because there's new collectors? People seem to miss out on releases all the time, and while I agree that is somewhat "fair" to give these people a chance, why not create new stuff and figures from great movies like when HT started?
Look at takara, for example. They keep re-releasing Masterpiece TF's all the time for the ones that "manage to miss out" while still putting out new, excellent releases.
Not HT. Joker Joker Bale Batman Bale Batman IM IM IM IM IM some predator here and there and the occasional barbie doll (Maleficient).

But you all at right, this crap sells, and sells a lot. They stopped caring about cult films and movies people grew up with. Hell, the fact that they are making Robocop surprises me. As a business, they love the $$$ fanz are willing to pay for re-re-re-re-leases and more stuff from the same damn license.

In reality, fanzzz are the ones to blame, not HT. Chang is probably doing three girls right now while we talk about a Joker that will hopefully come with "real hair"... Lol. wtf is next?

Was not saying it's just about new collectors but also. At least you don't simply ingnore other's statements and opinions trying to push through you own like others try do here.
I just find some peoples "salting the soup" behaviour so pointless. Sad DiFabio deleted his "Yin Yang" post yesterday, at least that was honest about what it's about for him...

I mean seriously, if you were in HT's position I bet none of you would behave differently, you would make what sells and there are reasons why things sells and that's not only because all TDK collectors are headless chickens. :lol

If sombody likes to see other things why don't they keep stating their interest in the specific threads?! That would be constructive!

Edit:

Collecting is about buying what YOU like, period.

Man, why do I keep posting so long comments. That says it all. :lol

Last edited:

Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge

I've never bought a Toy Fair EX, are they really expensive? Or about the same price as a regular release?

Really unnecessary. The existing figure is amazing and includes everything needed for the figure

The Iron man bothers me more than the other 2, they are working on beating down their 3rd horse with that one.:horse:horse:horse

Well yeah, I'll agree with that. Human figures are just much more interesting than rainbow coloured robots even when they are Heath Ledger #16

I've never bought a Toy Fair EX, are they really expensive? Or about the same price as a regular release?

If you get it on sideshow, it's retail. If you get it somewhere else...well, may the odds be ever in your favor.

If Zod and MoS Superman sold well, it could have been a Faora in the middle of that pic. But no. Sadly HT has to make sure that the bullet would hit the target.

If you get it on sideshow, it's retail. If you get it somewhere else...well, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Thanks! :) I might have to get this one if the sculpt is new. If the HS is a repaint, then it's not worth it,IMO.

You absolutely cannot blame them for that.

Yeah, we old timers have been collecting wrong yo.

1/6 collecting is about fixating on one subject and OCDing hard in an attempt to achieve a perfect, miniature world.

Man, why do you behave so restrictive in all your posts? You never answer questions like why you (and others) don't simply post about your interest in other figures in the suitable threads instead of posting how much you don't like something and blaming others for liking them. :dunno

And when it's about the efforts to achieve something close to perfection, which is something imo new that naturally came with these kinds of collectibles as posted before, you simply ignore that with a restrictive comment as well.

I mean are all customizers trying to improve figures wrong? Don't think so, so also HT isn't wrong bringing an improved figure of an anticipated chracter / version after some years as well imo.

EDIT: I also posted I would liked to see other figures over this one as well, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious to see this coming anyway. Open threads stating you interest in other things will be more constructive than posting here what you don't like.

Last edited:

wait so these are all the exclusives? I guess that means no lone ranger and no black suit supes? Anyway, I'd only be interested in this if there's a great joker sculpt, put if it's pers and costs 275 then forget it

I've managed to get all the Batman Hot Toys figures I want except for Bank Robber Joker and the Honor Guard Joker from the original DX release, so this is a welcome surprise for me. Bank Robber Joker isn't too expensive on the secondary market, though, so even I would still be more excited for Ra's al Ghul or even Commissioner Gordon or Blake. But either way, this will be a nice addition to my collection, hopefully eliminating any need for the original release.

I really do hope he comes with some of the other thug's masks, though, as well as all the original accessories.

Back