1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

The pointless message that some here try to spread is: "You re-release buying collectors are dumb because you support Hot Toys in making these figures instead of figures I would prefer to see, not necessarily buy btw."

i really couldn't care less that they are re-releasing i dont know why some people are so bothered , i think its a great opportunity for people who missed out, but i just think its an odd choice for a toy fair ex as i think this would do just as well as a normal mms release.I am though excited to see the improvements they make on this guy but i still love the first version, like i said im excited to see how they do with their sculpt as the non slick haired sculpt is still my favourite next to my modded dx11 scuipt from rorywan.

Last edited:

i really couldn't care less that they are re-releasing i dont know why some people are so bothered , i think its a great opportunity for people who missed out, i am excited to see the improvements they make on this guy but i still love the first version, like i said im excited to see how they do with their sculpt as the non slick haired sculpt is still my favourite next to my modded dx11 scuipt from rorywan.

:goodpost: :exactly:

i really couldn't care less that they are re-releasing i dont know why some people are so bothered , i think its a great opportunity for people who missed out, but i just think its an odd choice for a toy fair ex as i think this would do just as well as a normal mms release.I am though excited to see the improvements they make on this guy but i still love the first version, like i said im excited to see how they do with their sculpt as the non slick haired sculpt is still my favourite next to my modded dx11 scuipt from rorywan.

:exactly: :goodpost: , some people just can't be pleased.

Really curious to see more of this asap!

Actually wondering a little. HT's TF exclusives have always been 1/6 MMS figures but actually always figures that have not been done before (at least not in the specific version). So if it would really be a 2.0 of the BR Joker, what could be included that would make it even more than an improved re-release. Maybe a set of the darker blue money bags or a special headsclulpt... time will tell. :panic:

I think the mask can really be improved upon. I use the one MRM made a few years back on my BRJ along with one of his sculpts with rooted hair. It looks a lot better to me, but I highly doubt this figure will have rooted hair. I think the updated outfit is the thing I'm most looking forward to. The one on the old version fits pretty tight as opposed to the one he wore on screen which was pretty baggy on him, especially the pants. I'm pretty happy with the one I own too but I also see a lot of room for improvement.

Actually wondering a little. HT's TF exclusives have always been 1/6 MMS figures but actually always figures that have not been done before (at least not in the specific version). So if it would really be a 2.0 of the BR Joker, what could be included that would make it even more than an improved re-release. Maybe a set of the darker blue money bags or a special headsclulpt... time will tell. :panic:

A sculpt of William Fichtner with a grenade in his mouth.

I think the mask can really be improved upon. I use the one MRM made a few years back on my BRJ along with one of his sculpts with rooted hair. It looks a lot better to me, but I highly doubt this figure will have rooted hair. I think the updated outfit is the thing I'm most looking forward to. The one on the old version fits pretty tight as opposed to the one he wore on screen which was pretty baggy on him, especially the pants. I'm pretty happy with the one I own too but I also see a lot of room for improvement.

Oh definitely i love mine too and like you think there is room for improvement, i guess i got lucky on mine the pants are quite baggy, i think the jacket tailoring could do with a little improving same for the shirt .

i doubt it will be rooted hair too but im really struggling to think of anything else they could add accessory wise, maybe a diorama base like the bank floor maybe?

Yeah, so far the one that's closest to a remake was last year's Evil Superman, yet it is also different from the first Reeve Superman release. Perhaps there'd be more to this than being "just a remake".

My guess is they'll use some variation of the DX11 sculpt for one of the heads. (Assuming they give us multiple sculpts) They love to recycle with the TF releases. But if we get 2 sculpts and a diorama base like the bank or maybe even the street corner where we first see him I'm guessing a $230-$260 price tag.

Personally, I can't wait to see this and the Iron Man (Oh my god, did I really just say those words?). It's been what? 6 years since the original MK III and BRJ? I'd say HT has come a long way since then, and, hell, we knew they weren't just going to stop making Joker figures; I'm just happy that it's something other than the purple suit/green vest combo, yet again. I am curious about what the offering will consist of, though. Improved tailoring, no doubt, but I'm wondering how their Joker sculpt will stack up. It's be nice if they gave someone other than Yulli the chance to try it, for once. She's great and all, but I feel like we already have a very clear understanding of how she depicts the character.

i doubt it will be rooted hair too but im really struggling to think of anything else they could add accessory wise, maybe a diorama base like the bank floor maybe?

They'll probably include another clown mask that he didn't actually wear.

I don't get all the hate or why people are annoyed :lol If you are not interested in a figure, then what's the big deal if other people like it? People love Iron Man, doesn't bother me. They can make a million of those things, it's money I can save. Also, it's a business, if you own a store or a restaurant, and you know an item sells and makes you money, why wouldn't you make more of it? It's logical. I think it would be better if HT would reissue older figures instead of new versions of the older MMS, but that's just me. Also, if people already have the first figure, what does it matter if they make a new version? You've got one already :lol

I don't get all the hate or why people are annoyed :lol If you are not interested in a figure, then what's the big deal if other people like it? People love Iron Man, doesn't bother me. They can a million of those things, it's money I can save. Also, it's a business, if you own a store or a restaurant, and you know an items sells and makes you money, why wouldn't you make more of it? It's logical. I think it would be better if HT would reissue older figures instead of new versions of the older MMS, but that's just me.

Yea and these are TF releases which are just quick cash grabs that don't spend a year or 2 in development. They know these 3 licenses are more likely to sell than last years releases. But my one Joker preference would have been a Jack museum Joker which is a no brainer. I think they are losing his rights soon anyway if they haven't already so why not get that one done now.

HT need to do a Joker with rooted hair. I would of liked to of seen a Nurse Joker with rooted hair personally.

Nurse-Joker-the-joker-8887454-465-529.jpg

Yea and these are TF releases which are just quick cash grabs that don't spend a year or 2 in development. They know these 3 licenses are more likely to sell than last years releases. But my one Joker preference would have been a Jack museum Joker which is a no brainer. I think they are losing his rights soon anyway if they haven't already so why not get that one done now.

Oh we'll see more Jack Jokers! That **** sells, man!! I expect to see two more 89 Jokers in the near future. Why not an TFEX? Because it will probably be another DX.

I have a question: what would you rather have them do? I'm not defending HT's decisions, or anything like that, but I'm being serious, and hear me out here, for a second; what could they really do? Ra's Al Ghul? Perhaps, but he's been done before; maybe not by them, but there have been several really good attempts. Returns Batman? There's a really good chance that he'll be announced during the conventions where these figures are sold. As for the nurse version of Joker, didn't HT say that they tried and couldn't do that?

All in all, this is a huge hobby, and, just because HT hasn't done something, that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. For god's sake, there's a licensed STeve McQueen figure being made as we speak. There are Hot Toys '66 Batman figures. They're pretty much guaranteed to be rehashing something, from somewhere, so long as they're releasing it. Hell, a few months ago, I saw an interest thread for an Affleck Batman figure. We don't even know what he looks like from the waist down, and, already, someone wants to make that. That means that, by the time 2016 rolls around and HT unveils their official figures, chances are good that they'll already have been done before.

I think what really bothers some people is the idea that there's a "new and improved" version of a figure they already own, or a character that they like, and as result, they feel like they might have to get the new version, thus falling into that never ending cycle of buying and reselling the same figure....even if they lose money in the process. All because what they have is never good enough...

I think what really bothers some people is the idea that there's a "new and improved" version of a figure they already own, or a character that they like, and as result, they feel like they might have to get the new version, thus falling into that never ending cycle of buying and reselling the same figure....even if they lose money in the process. All because what they have is never good enough...

This was my stance on diecast. I'm of the opinion that a lot of the people upset about the diecast releases are in actuality worried that their rare MKIII MKIV MKVI MKVII will be released in diecast so the silly hierarchy of collectors will be diminished when their "rare" figures are released with updated materials and new and improved figures.

Back