1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

I'm betting HT is done with the 1/4 scale experiment. As for Joker, I wonder if they'll include another sculpt here that can be used with other figures. If so, and if it's an improvement, it could definitely have an appeal beyond what it seems to be at the moment.

Probably not. HT isn't what they used to be, they'll try to separate each release into as many version as possible.

Let's be realistic here, even if they release a joker 3.0 now, I'm willing to bet it'll sell as well as the 2.0 version.

Does sideshow collectibles sell these toy fair exclusives? Sorry in advance for such a noob question.

Looking back at the previous line-ups, Batman and Iron Man really sell fast, and I can't blame HT for going back to 2011 much to the disdain of some collectors. From 2012 I think Rescue Cap didn't sell as well as they might have thought, while Angela became a freebie. 2013's exclusives were so weak, Joe Colton and Star Spangled Man are still available at SSC.

10475689_662879963786540_706328447698474730_n.jpg

10520656_662879987119871_9167262654814978541_n.jpg

10477938_662879973786539_564976942301616096_n.jpg

:lol

Bank Robber Joker 2.0. I called this like 2years ago. I think I even got a few "No way."

*sigh* Hope they get the likeness right this time. It may come with a smiley sculpt. "What ever doesn't kill you makes you stranger."

If they make a killer sculpt- yet ANOTHER upgrade- I'll buy that. Other than that this is 100% pass.

Yea, another do over. How creative and unexpected.

I don't see the problem with them rehashing old characters for these Toy Fairs exclusives. Would you rather they do something entirely new like Ra's al Ghul and create a mass panic of collectors jumping over each other to acquire one?

I'm glad to see a Bank Robber Joker 2.0. I missed out on the first version because I pre-ordered one and the seller never came through. I wound up just buying the DX 01 instead. And even though I eventually sold that and my handful of other 1:6 scale figures, I would like to have one good Ledger Joker figure for my collection.

Yes.

They did it on all those Heub posted. All of them have been easy to get.

I don't see the problem with them rehashing old characters for these Toy Fairs exclusives. Would you rather they do something entirely new like Ra's al Ghul and create a mass panic of collectors jumping over each other to acquire one?

Yeah. I'd rather they release Ra's as a regular release. I would hate paying extra for it just because it's an exclusive, and just because it's "rare" thanks to hoarders and scalpers.

I'm IN-sold my BRJ earlier this year and now I want it again! Perfect(for me)

Meh. TF Exclusive doesn't mean squat. Everybody and their mother has the P.O.S TF First Night Out Wayne/Batman. If something is in high demand HT has no problem with making numerous runs.

I'm glad to see a Bank Robber Joker 2.0. I missed out on the first version because I pre-ordered one and the seller never came through. I wound up just buying the DX 01 instead. And even though I eventually sold that and my handful of other 1:6 scale figures, I would like to have one good Ledger Joker figure for my collection.

Hell yeah!! :lol

Well to you guys who can secure your order of exclusives with just a few mouseclicks, yes, TF Exclusives are no big deal.

vlcsnap00005bt0.jpg

Actually wondering what they could / would improve.

See potential in another body, more blueish shirt, maybe slightly better tailoring / thinner fabric, slightly better shaped masked / more weathered and a more accurate / more angular blue bag.

I mean that's what makes me curious about this release if it's really a 2.0 of the current 1/6 version, since that was pretty great already, specially for it's time. A new one would have to be pretty badass to top that.

Hell yeah!! :lol

Maybe Bane had it all wrong. If he wanted to destroy Gotham's soul and watch them all clamor over each other to stay in the sun, he should have just announced a few extremely limited Hot Toys exclusives and let nature take its course.

this came out of nowhere, I was hoping for a two face DX, extra body better head sculpt, or a Com. Gordon bat symbol combo ? the first Bank robber run was pretty good already, like the above poster said I have no Idea how can they improve the first release, just by a better sculpt?

Maybe Bane had it all wrong. If he wanted to destroy Gotham's soul and watch them all clamor over each other to stay in the sun, he should have just announced a few extremely limited Hot Toys exclusives and let nature take its course.

:rotfl :lol

d5b36f95bb44ec0744354979c38f0ade.jpg

Or it will be a really badass improvement! In any case it'll be great for fellow freaks who missed it in the first place.

Back