1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

Man, that says it all. If they make things many like to see (I liked The Crow as well btw) but only a few buy in the end, they would kick themselves out of business, and what would be the sense in that?
They wouldnt kick theselves out of business. :lol
They just simply wouldnt sell the same quantities, thus not needing to produce as much. Besides, my statement doesn't say "it all". I have no idea how many people did or didn't buy the Crow. I'm also not crying out for any certain license to be made. I'm simply stating Hot Toys has become boring, predictable and stagnant.

where's Commissioner Gordon? they already released a damn good Bank Robber Joker, I see no need for another one

Could this be a 1/4 release? Wouldn't that make MORE sense?

:lol That ending.

Damn didn't even realized all the other stuff they tagged with "Coming Soon". :slap

Why? :monkey2

182171_406799346048728_594501029_n.jpg

I happy to see another Joker! I sold my Bank Robber for $400 (MISB) to get the DX11, and I knew a bank robber 2.0 was inevitable, so as long as the price isn't too high, and the sculpt is new, it's a good Toy Fair EX for those who want a Bank Robber Joker and don't want to pay ebay prices for an outdated figure. One day they will make a 2.0 Two Face as well.

I have feeling that this could be 1/4. Sure, their previous TFEs were all 1/6 but never an impossibility that this could be 1/4. And I'm getting it if it's in 1/4, my only fear is how I could get one at a good price.

No, they make smaller quantities of the the EX if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, they wouldn't release a new 1/4 figure, in small quantities, especially when they made a 1/4 batman already.

No, they make smaller quantities of the the EX if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, they wouldn't release a new 1/4 figure, in small quantities, especially when they made a 1/4 batman already.

Why would a limited (we really don't know what this word actually means for HT anymore) 1/4 figure be impossible in any way?

i have mixed feelings about this one, i own the first release and think its fantastic, infact its one of my favourite pieces in the collection. Yeah the mask could do with weathering but i have already done that to mine. i suppose the tailoring could do with an update but even still it is still fantastic on the first release. What else could they really add aswell to this fella that wasn't in the first release? even the sculpt is still one of the best to date on their jokers.

maybe rooted hair? it certainly won't have pers or e.r.s

I suppose it gives people the chance to pick it up who missed out but these really aren't that hard to find anymore i see a lot popping up around £180ish on facebook groups.

i will see what it has too offer untill i decide if it is infact bank robber and not a twist.

Here is my weathered mask ignore tha fact half is cut off i took the picture to use as a desktop wallpaper

DSC_0066.JPG

They wouldnt kick theselves out of business. :lol
They just simply wouldnt sell the same quantities, thus not needing to produce as much. Besides, my statement doesn't say "it all". I have no idea how many people did or didn't buy the Crow. I'm also not crying out for any certain license to be made. I'm simply stating Hot Toys has become boring, predictable and stagnant.

Of course I don't know any numbers, just like most others here. But the crow is a good example. It's a great figure but it's still not sold out and you don't see it in collections as often as other things. Don't know what they pay for the licenses but developing and producing these high end figures from various materials isn't just done with a single injection mold and some paint of course so they're also expensive for sure in relation to other collectibles. Okay, they probably wouldn't put themselves out of business but it doesn't pay to make figures that don't sell well instead of other things when you facilities are limited.

I understand when people would appreciate to see some more variety and that it's furstrating if figures somebody would like to see aren't made (I'm in the same boat for some things) but I get annoyed to say the least when people here start blaming other collectors only because they don't get what they want.

The pointless message that some here try to spread is: "You re-release buying collectors are dumb because you support Hot Toys in making these figures instead of figures I would prefer to see, not necessarily buy btw."

Strong arguments are simply igonred so it seams that it's a simply try to influence other collectors not to buy but that's pointless because I don't think that all collectors that will keep buying TDK related figures (also re-releases) are dumb.

I'm buying this figure (if it's 1/6) if it's a clear improvement compared to the previous release as I see potential for it and I'm sure that's not just me. Otherwise customizers trying to improve things would all be wrong btw. Others will get it because they missed it in the first place because they started collecting later, weren't as much into TDK as they're now or they had to sell theirs in between. What's wrong about it? There is no dumb reason I see there.

So again all I can recommend to the haters is to post what you like to see in the threads of the things you like to see, that would be more constructive imo. :peace

Last edited:

they haven't released anything 1/4 in awhile, would be cool if all 3 were 1/4 for a change. Doesn't sound like too many people here care for a new 1/6 bank robber.

I wonder if there's a new sculpt under that mask or if there going to try and pull the whole newly painted sculpt like they're doing with the armory Wayne.

Back