1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

I'm all over this since I missed the first release!

vlcsnap00005bt0.jpg

Actually wondering what they could / would improve.

See potential in another body, more blueish shirt, maybe slightly better tailoring / thinner fabric, slightly better shaped masked / more weathered and a more accurate / more angular blue bag.

I mean that's what makes me curious about this release if it's really a 2.0 of the current 1/6 version, since that was pretty great already, specially for it's time. A new one would have to be pretty badass to top that.

Purple string hanging at the back of his jacket.

BRJ is a figure that I do not have in my collection so I would be happy for him to be releases again in 1/6 scale.

But having said that it is a lazy and unimaginative route for HT to go down but one that will have them laughing all the way to the 'bank' no pun intended. :wink1:

As far as accuracy goes they can redo the whole damn suit/mask to make it better. But I don't don't give a rats ass about any of that crap, the first time around was good enough for a basic bore-o suit. Get the ****ing likeness right and be done with it.

One thing, the only thing, that has me interested/mildly excited is the fact that this will be a non-PERS sculpt. Well, at least all past TF EX's have been in the MMS series.

I'm in. I owned this at one point and regret letting it go.

(...)

One thing, the only thing, that has me interested/mildly excited is the fact that this will be a non-PERS sculpt. Well, at least all past TF EX's have been in the MMS series.

That's a good point. The BR Joker's headsculpts had been great back then already, in some areas even still better than the later PERS headsculpts imo, so that makes me curious to see more as well!

Or it will be a really badass improvement! In any case it'll be great for fellow freaks who missed it in the first place.

I bet Hot Toys are already thinking of all the people who are going to miss this one! BR 3.0 in the 2016 pipeline?

If there's still interest then. Why not? :lol

I bet Hot Toys are already thinking of all the people who are going to miss this one! BR 3.0 in the 2016 pipeline?

lol 1.0 was around for some 4 or 5 years, cheap.

vlcsnap00005bt0.jpg

Actually wondering what they could / would improve.

See potential in another body, more blueish shirt, maybe slightly better tailoring / thinner fabric, slightly better shaped masked / more weathered and a more accurate / more angular blue bag.

I mean that's what makes me curious about this release if it's really a 2.0 of the current 1/6 version, since that was pretty great already, specially for it's time. A new one would have to be pretty badass to top that.

Edit: Pretty sure this one will come with the suitable watch as well. :)

untitled30.jpg

More like 2015. DX 3.0 Bank Robber Joker with eyeballs!

Then those collectors will miss out too, poor guys. They should have Hot Toys vending machines that spit out an entire catalog of in demand figures.
:lol

The 2.0 was out for less than a year and people were already "jeez, I hope they do another. I missed the last 4." :(

Howard has said they will continue making more ledger jokers since they sell...so i'm gonna guess this one is an improved 1/6.

Well isn't this hot toys last joker? I remember in an interview Howard was asked and he said there's one more in the works.

I'm hoping this fig has real hair as opposed to the first release having 2 heads with different hair. They should throw in a nurse outfit or something. Really wish they just did a commissioner Gordon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely going to miss out on this one. I hope they make more Heath soon.

Some just don't seam to understand that / why the number of people admiring this movie line, specially TDK still raised even "long time" after they hit the screens.
Additionally also the number of 1/6 collectors raised, since many didn't know about these collectibles before and they started admiring them just like you.
So it's inaway unfair to blame them just for having been later to the party. :dunno Again, it's a kind of collectibles that's pretty new compared to other things that have been done before, so it's only logical that some missed opportunities at retail prices and also again:

I think when people keep complaining about improved re-releases and custom improvements and about discussions on such things, they don't understand what 1/6 collecting basically is about.

Basically it's about life-like miniatures, so it's of course also about perfection. It's a type of collectibles that is pretty new compared to what has been made long time before. I mean look at regular plastic collectibles and statues. They can be great in their own way but they can never be as movie accurate as a 1/6 collectible that is made from various materials of course.

Who doesn't understand that is better off not collecting these things and annoying people who like to talk about them.
Yin Yang? These collectibles aren't made for people who don't like them, so if you don't like them, stop blaming people who do.

EDIT: And when it's about additional releases for a movie line that are made or asked for instead of releases that could be made for other movies: Why don't you go into the threads of these other movies and post about your interest in these instead of posting here what you don't like to see and trying to convince others that what they like isn't great? It's pointless.

e8ebd36e0dc8d6919ffe732d1745d18e.jpg

I think if this turns out to be a 1/4 Joker covering both BR and classic purple coat looks, the story happening on this thread will have a different twist :)

Back