1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 241-Captain America:TWS-Winter Soldier 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Just wanting to let everyone know that after around two weeks of searching I've managed to get my hands on the "Winter Soldier" Bucky!! And I love him!!
Here's a pic of him ominously planning to blow up my house & escape hahahaha :yess:

Whoah, congrats!:clap:clap:clap! I know I was STOKED to finally get WS in my hands $$$. Just *seems like* on the 'bay at least a decent supply of unopened and/or somewhat affordable WS is pretty THIN, like Loki. I'm gonna guess this may be the last good year? for scooping up a not-too-old used or unopened WS - just based on surfing the 'bay.:dunno

Happy for yah that you got this IMO great fig:) - yeah, some of us have had issues but IMO can deal with. Hoping my fully-loaded Dr. Strange is as much fun as this fully-loaded WS.

HT_WS_Falcon.jpg

Thanks everyone, yeah I’m really pleased with the figure. I’ve got a few figures/statues in my collection but none are made by Hot Toys. So as well as finally getting a Winter Soldier to add to my collection, this is actually my first Hot Toys figure!!! :yess:
Ive gotta say their quality & attention to detail is superb…This is how figures should be made!
I think this is the beginning of my Hot Toys collection, I’ve just gotta have more!!!! A feeling I’m sure you all can relate too :wink1:
I must admit Bucky already seems lonely on my shelf. He needs some friends…. He needs his BFF hahahaha :lol
I’ve begun looking at Captain America figures to accompany Bucky. I’m lovin’ the one’s from Civil War…. and Age of Ultron….. and the Stealth Cap looks great also. Hmmm I’ve gotta look into these more closely.

And Black Panther looks incredible...........and Thor...............oh God!!!!!!:panic:

Thanks everyone, yeah I’m really pleased with the figure. I’ve got a few figures/statues in my collection but none are made by Hot Toys. So as well as finally getting a Winter Soldier to add to my collection, this is actually my first Hot Toys figure!!! :yess:
Ive gotta say their quality & attention to detail is superb…This is how figures should be made!
I think this is the beginning of my Hot Toys collection, I’ve just gotta have more!!!! A feeling I’m sure you all can relate too :wink1:
I must admit Bucky already seems lonely on my shelf. He needs some friends…. He needs his BFF hahahaha :lol
I’ve begun looking at Captain America figures to accompany Bucky. I’m lovin’ the one’s from Civil War…. and Age of Ultron….. and the Stealth Cap looks great also. Hmmm I’ve gotta look into these more closely.

And Black Panther looks incredible...........and Thor...............oh God!!!!!!:panic:

LOL - just remember that line from Jurassic World:
Masrani: The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.
I mean, there was a time when I WASN'T debating the merits of 1/6 scale Barrett rifles. Then there was that day I had to explain to the mailman why I was getting all these packages from China:monkey3...But I can't think about that right now, I hafta think about ordering CW Scarlet Witch OR finally get TWS Falcon (and check on my Kylo Ren order):lol:monkey3

Ah ... so you're already going down that road, huh? :lol I wanna say that I feel sorry for you but I don't. :lol They're all just so damn nice and you're gonna enjoy every figure that you get, believe me. *_* You definitely need a Cap for Winter Soldier though, otherwise, that would just be cruel. They're all nice but Stealth Cap might need some modding so maybe get CW Cap first. But who am I kidding ... you might end up with CW Cap and AoU Cap and Stealth Cap. :lol I mean, I got 4 now and contemplating getting a fifth ... XD I surely never intended to go over board like that. :lol

Hahahaha you guys are great! You both must have a pretty cool collection. I envy the both of you :mad: I think I'm at the beginning of a wonderful yet expensive journey though :lol

Hahahaha you guys are great! You both must have a pretty cool collection. I envy the both of you :mad: I think I'm at the beginning of a wonderful yet expensive journey though :lol

LOL you are too kind but I'm *fairly* new and think my collection as it stands is pretty modest. For me it kinda evolved into a Marvel Bucky (fav)/Cap collection of sorts (movie arc) + friends + odd jogs (POTC, SW, LOTR/Hobbit, Mezco, POP, etc). Like, I've got Dr. Strange on PO 'coz after a lot of thought just think with all the accessories (and that cape) he's a great addition.

Didn't plan it. I think overall I buy less figs but am more likely to scoop up accessories and diorama bases than some. It's a way to take my foot off the gas:horror 'coz I keep my figs so hafta think hard before I buy. Sometimes I lose too and spend more doing that, but IMO a collection takes at least SOME time to work with and does take up space, so I hafta want to care about the fig.

Sometimes I think too being a newbie is the best time 'coz you've still got lots of space:cool: and seems like later releases often have better sculpts (not always). My only suggestion would be to pick up some fabric glue, tweezers, epoxy, blow dryer, and small sharp scissors for the odd repair/part changing.

And for a Bucky companion IMO you can't go wrong with CW Cap, if watching the budget (tho a lot of folks like the AOU Cap). TWS Stealth Cap is absolutely great IMO (tho there's a whole thread re him and the "flat chest") but IMO for me he was only on screen for a bit in that costume. LOL tho that's the danger:horror - I think I remember that CW Cap "was going to be my ONLY Cap". I think I said that to myself.

Bwwwwaaaah:lol:lol:lol.....I lied to myself.....then I decided I NEEDED Stealth Cap (w. Steve Rogers too and then sourcing his highway fight outfit) and then I NEEDED a "retro Cap" and then I NEEDED an extra shield and I NEEDED a second TWS Bucky because who wants to deal with changing heads (and he's my fav and awesome and why not) and then I NEEDED a BW....it's like crack, I tell yah:lol

WSandCap2.jpg

Picked this guy up for £150, no issues with the figure and complete. A good deal or no? I just couldn't take CW over TWS!

I'd say it is a great deal!! Congrats! :rock Definitely the far superior figure of the two.
Thanks! I thought it was a good deal as well, I didn't hesitate!

Not to go off topic here but how does the TWS Strike Suit CA hold up? I know it's got body shape issues but how much would you say it's worth on the secondary market (Assuming no damage or missing peices etc)

Cheers

Thanks! I thought it was a good deal as well, I didn't hesitate!

Not to go off topic here but how does the TWS Strike Suit CA hold up? I know it's got body shape issues but how much would you say it's worth on the secondary market (Assuming no damage or missing peices etc)

Cheers

aftermarket on the STRIKE suit is not very strong(well on about 95% of Marvel releases really). Id say its worth about $120-$150. If you paid MSRP I doubt you'll get it back.

These are great! I tried a similar pose with Cap's AoU shield but it's too heavy for his hand to hold it. What's your secret?

Its pretty simple. I just dremeled two holes in to the palm if the hand and then applied a paper clip to support the shield. Also the shield is the 1st Cap Avengers one. So its the light plastic version.

How much does Bucky go for these days? I might have to sell mine to afford other pieces. :(

i’ve been contemplating doing he same :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto, though for me it's more about running out of display space.

The selling prices aren't as high as they used to be, maybe around $230 for a used one.

I'm going to be unloading all of my TWS stuff, sans this figure. I have CW Bucky in addition to this one, so I'll be unloading that one instead. I think this one is a better representation of "Winter Soldier".

Back