1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. :duff I think more and more people, like me, will be kicking themselves for not picking this up, considering the deals we've already seen on it and especially after the diecast Mark VI is unveiled.

Well, this finally came in today! It's my first Hot Toys and I'm super excited. Its really great to look at. The one thing I knew going in, but am still sort of disappointed at, is that the batteries seem to make the light really bright at first and then after a little while it simmers down and becomes more dull. This is most noticeable in the eyes, but I haven't seen it too much in the arc reactor/neck/back. The wrist lights are dull as expected.

Photo Dec 28, 7 36 51 PM.jpg

CXXymi7U0AAnomN.jpg

Really happy with him overall, just curious if I should bother trying different batteries.

Added luminescent wire. The figure is so well designed that you only need to route it though the existing areas where the wire should have come though and boom, this figure really shines.

e8e611dcac32b6effbdf33a545007150.jpg

Yea for me, it just reminds me of a modern take on medieval armor. I have no problem displaying it with my historical figures and it fits in, oddly enough. Or with my DC stuff. It's pretty universal.

Six months ago I had about half my hot toys collection out for some check ups and play time with my daughter and when everyone say it the whiplash mk2 was almost always picked as a fav.

Love popculturezone . They double box the shippers and send a free gift in every order . Super legit place

I think I might buy this thing next time I see one used at a good price, looking at svander's pics with the luminescent wire. Very cool, and I'm glad to see it's an easy mod.

I think I might buy this thing next time I see one used at a good price, looking at svander's pics with the luminescent wire. Very cool, and I'm glad to see it's an easy mod.

That is an excellent mod!

But how long does that luminescent wire last? Isn't it that glo-stick stuff that fades in a few hours?

Last edited:
That is an excellent mod!

But how long does that luminescent wire last? Isn't it that glo-stick stuff that fades in a few hours?

el wire has a longer lifespan then standard led and light bulbs. It's amazing stuff. I've been using it for ten years. I still have the first sample kit I ordered in 2004 and it still looks new. It's just recently started to catch on a bit.

Back