1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't recall which site was the cheapest. I have done the whole kit build and screen grabs of exactly what you need a couple times on here. In this thread. If you want to know just do a search. You will find it.

And you can't just "cut" it. Doesn't work like that. and the cheap el wire will burn out. 10hrs of use tops. So I'd ask what the lifespan is. your money. You seem more like you want someone to tell you go ahead with the one you found then advice on the best way to do it.

Some pictures that I posted last year with el-wire off (this one was not included at that time but now included for comparison) and on. I will use soon a better camera to decrease lights intensity and appreciate better the effect. But going to the point: I used a single el-wire long enough to go from one arm to the another one crossing the back. This makes everything more simple (only one switcher/controller) and also looks nice considering the disposition of original Whiplash wiring. El-wire with controller (you can chose battery operated (as I did) or connected) costed me $3 through eBay.

Attachments

• DSCN3386.JPG
    DSCN3386.JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN3395.JPG
    DSCN3395.JPG
    469.4 KB · Views: 283
Damn this thread. Said to myself i wouldnt get this.

A whole lotta whipcash later ...

Pretty good addition to my heroes v Villains shelf. Its progressively getting there :D

IMG_1686[1].jpg

IMG_1687[1].jpg

IMG_1690[1].jpg

I agree. I was happy to pay retail, myself. He's such a good looking Armor. Probably the best looking villian to date. (Not talking about character or storyline..just pure looks). At least for me. Ultron and Yj may pass him but as of now, he's probably number 1, for me.

And you can't just "cut" it. Doesn't work like that. and the cheap el wire will burn out. 10hrs of use tops. So I'd ask what the lifespan is. your money. You seem more like you want someone to tell you go ahead with the one you found then advice on the best way to do it.

Wrong...but your opinion.:dance

As I said, seem. Multiple people said not to use the one you found at Amazon and some explained exactly what you needed and why. And nearly every time your response was essentially to restate the same thing from your initial request for advice and completly disregard everything everyone said. I'm not sure what other opinion there is to draw.

I'd go with your gut dude, the Amazon one IS a good price (perhaps too good), but unfortunately I can't vouch for it. I went with that one site, and still came up short :lol But that's my bad. If you go either way, post your results, good luck!

As I said, seem. Multiple people said not to use the one you found at Amazon and some explained exactly what you needed and why. And nearly every time your response was essentially to restate the same thing from your initial request for advice and completly disregard everything everyone said. I'm not sure what other opinion there is to draw.

Your own...how hard is that to get :huh

I'd go with your gut dude, the Amazon one IS a good price (perhaps too good), but unfortunately I can't vouch for it. I went with that one site, and still came up short :lol But that's my bad. If you go either way, post your results, good luck!

Thanks Bro for the constructive response. I'll let you know for sure.

That Amazon price is legit. It's really not that unusual. You can buy similar set ups for that price or less from lots of sites. The EL wire is usually around 50cents a foot if you get it cut but they sell test kits of random lengths for very cheap.

If all you want is the cheapest version that's one thing. But if you want the one best suited to the figure that will last the longest and has the lowest chance of issues...that's what the other sites are for.

This ones 3.99

3M 10 colors Flexible Neon EL Wire Light Dance Party Decor Light - US$3.99 - Banggood Mobile

This ones 5 bucks
4M Flexible EL Wire-5.11 and Free Shipping | GearBest.com Mobile

Yesterday my Whiplash give away from Sideshow arrived. This is the best $10 I ever spent on a toy. I haven't had any problems with the light up features. This is an amazing toy!

I was thinking of getting the diecast mark 3 stealth figure but after seeing these whip mods, I think I might have to go for whiplash mark 2 and do the El wire lightin mod. Quick question, if I go the splitter route for two wires for one battery powered power source, how long will the batteries last before they die and how long will the wires last until they burn out.

Thanks

Back