1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heartbreaker is under $250, it is $249.99. I believe NRD's start at $250+

Centurion is the same $250 and has an NRD, Starboost doesn't at $270. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule, its likely a combination of price and perceived demand.

Ah, I see. Hmm, thought for some reason that there was a threshold where the NRD was automatic. Maybe getting exclusives confounded with the price. Thanks for the clarifications.

I have to admit I'm still floored over this Whiplash Mark II figure announcement.

I'm grateful that Hot Toys actually went ahead and did this Mark II Whiplash (as well with Iron Monger), these were BY FAR my most wanted figures from the Iron Man film franchise and I didn't expect either one to become a sixth scale reality.

I think when Hot Toys shocked the world with the Iron Monger announcement was when the idea for this figure started to become a real possibility for us collectors. I remember the discussions we had on this forum years back where we talked about how amazing it would be to own an Iron Monger or Whiplash Mark II, and how we'd be willing to sell half our collections to own them, and now here we are guys!

What an amazing time to be a sixth scale collector! This news absolutely rocks! :rock

This could be Diecast, plastic, clay, or paper mache - instant day one pre order for me. :lol

So anyone know what pricing the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV,VI and War Machine go for these days?

Mark IV goes for around $450 + and the Mark VI goes for around $600.00+ on eBay but that with just the buy it now prices. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper but it takes a lot of searching.

Mark IV goes for around $450 + and the Mark VI goes for around $600.00+ on eBay but that with just the buy it now prices. Sometimes you can find them a little cheaper but it takes a lot of searching.

Thanks eBay pricing is ridiculous. I'm interested more in the Mark IV for the first one to purchase. I'll try and post in the want to buy market and see what pricing will be from members.

If not alone, I'd think in the minority. Iron Monger already has a really nice finish and excellent articulation. Really don't see the benefit in going diecast with that character, especially since it's so large. *shrugs*

I would've been fine with Whiplash being plastic, too, to be honest, but definitely see the benefit of diecast (assuming the engineering is as solid as WM MK II). Hoping we see this up for pre-order, today. If price in HK is $309 US, guessing were looking at around $375.00 here, which is not too bad.

I disliked IM2 and the final battle between War Machine, IM and IW was pretty disappointing. Regardless, though, the design's brilliant and close enough to the comics that I can enjoy it just for that.
Sad but true with all tht is said, regardless I'm getting him anyway.
The PO price is up (where I live at least), it's about $359

I have to admit I'm still floored over this Whiplash Mark II figure announcement.

I'm grateful that Hot Toys actually went ahead and did this Mark II Whiplash (as well with Iron Monger), these were BY FAR my most wanted figures from the Iron Man film franchise and I didn't expect either one to become a sixth scale reality.

I think when Hot Toys shocked the world with the Iron Monger announcement was when the idea for this figure started to become a real possibility for us collectors. I remember the discussions we had on this forum years back where we talked about how amazing it would be to own an Iron Monger or Whiplash Mark II, and how we'd be willing to sell half our collections to own them, and now here we are guys!

What an amazing time to be a sixth scale collector! This news absolutely rocks! :rock

This could be Diecast, plastic, clay, or paper mache - instant day one pre order for me. :lol

I agree with you 100%. Iron Monger and Whiplash Mark II make the movie. I really want to pick up Iron Monger but I have no Mark III but still will probably pick him up. I'm looking for a Mark IV to go with Whiplash and even War Machine. So this may be my only Iron Man figures but who knows I may get Mark 42 and Iron Patriot. To much awesomeness coming out this year. :gah: :lol

Thanks eBay pricing is ridiculous. I'm interested more in the Mark IV for the first one to purchase. I'll try and post in the want to buy market and see what pricing will be from members.

Oh I know I bought Marks 1-6 off of ebay and I think it totaled over $2600.00

Oh I know I bought Marks 1-6 off of ebay and I think it totaled over $2600.00

That's insane. The Members on here would probably have given you a better deal. I've gotten some great deals on here so my best bet to get the figure is on here.

I agree with you 100%. Iron Monger and Whiplash Mark II make the movie. I really want to pick up Iron Monger but I have no Mark III but still will probably pick him up. I'm looking for a Mark IV to go with Whiplash and even War Machine. So this may be my only Iron Man figures but who knows I may get Mark 42 and Iron Patriot. To much awesomeness coming out this year. :gah: :lol

:goodpost: :hi5: Yup, too much Iron Man awesomeness my friend!

I don't think you should worry about picking up other Iron Man figures to complement Iron Monger or this figure, they will display amazingly on their own!

Less is more sometimes, I actually prefer my Iron Monger to have his own shelf instead of sharing it with my Mark III believe it or not.

I totally get that Hot Toys are pushing the Iron Man franchise but this is something else. Turn back the clock to IM2 and this is what we have been waiting for. Just for pure coolness and not a moment to soon. Just how good will this look next to the original Whiplash or even the Monger. (Watch those prices on the first addition) you gotta have the pair right....? Thank you Hot Toys for giving me that child like excitement I have missed for a while. This guy oozes badness....

Snaz

:goodpost: :hi5: Yup, too much Iron Man awesomeness my friend!

I don't think you should worry about picking up other Iron Man figures to complement Iron Monger or this figure, they will display amazingly on their own!

Less is more sometimes, I actually prefer my Iron Monger to have his own shelf instead of sharing it with my Mark III believe it or not.

Well that's great than! I don't want to pick up to much Iron Man stuff. Looking for a Mark IV at the moment so I can get the Gantry than after that Iron Monger and order Iron Patriot which should be arriving in April and Mark 42 which will be July. Of course this will be on order and that will be it for Iron Man figures for me. I'm actually pretty excited to have some Iron Man's in my collection. Will be different.

:lecture

I remember hoping and praying it would have light up whips too. and here we are :yess:

Very cool fig, it's not for me but does look like it comes with some nice features.

Kinda wonder how delicate those whips are gonna be though.

Back