1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was excited till the Diecast part. Easy pass.

Looks pretty good though. did he have the fold out stability feet in the film?

Really shouldn't dismiss diecast dude, I was skeptical too but it has done nothing but wonders for the warmachine mk 2, adding weight, ridiculous articulation and stability to the figure. Definitely worth a look.

Pre ordered mine today. Now if only HT would reissue mark vi and war machine in diecast too.

Right there with you. I'm passing on WM 2.0 because I want a little more bulk to my war machine and like the responses to the die-cast so far.

Definitely thinking of Pre-ordering this. If I do than I have to go pick up a Mark IV or Mark VI along with War Machine. Be my only Iron Man figures if this happens. This just looks so damn good.

I hope this goes up for pre order today or in the next few days. The diecast looks great, I have the WM Mark II and it looks amazing!!!

Anyone thinking of passing on this just because it's diecast are missing out. I thought HT making the switch to diecast was a huge mistake but after getting WM MKII I owe HT an apology. It is an amazing piece of engineering. The only bad part so far is it makes me wish all the IM in my collection were diecast :lol

I'll wait on the diecast figures for a few years, See how well they hold up in the long run. Too much can go wrong with it, and I see the added weight as a negative, not a positive. It's also possible that the standard mms figures will see the added articulation on later releases.

Either/or, I'll tke the wait and see approach.

Great piece. Will likely order it based on cool factor alone.

Am i alone thinking that Iron Monger should be redone with die cast parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, this looks awesome. Too bad I have no connection with the character or the movie.... but I'm tempted on just cool factor alone :lol

Great piece. Will likely order it based on cool factor alone.

Am i alone thinking that Iron Monger should be redone with die cast parts?
If not alone, I'd think in the minority. Iron Monger already has a really nice finish and excellent articulation. Really don't see the benefit in going diecast with that character, especially since it's so large. *shrugs*

I would've been fine with Whiplash being plastic, too, to be honest, but definitely see the benefit of diecast (assuming the engineering is as solid as WM MK II). Hoping we see this up for pre-order, today. If price in HK is $309 US, guessing were looking at around $375.00 here, which is not too bad.

Holy crap, this looks awesome. Too bad I have no connection with the character or the movie.... but I'm tempted on just cool factor alone :lol
I disliked IM2 and the final battle between War Machine, IM and IW was pretty disappointing. Regardless, the design's brilliant and close enough to the comics that I can enjoy it just for that.

Last edited:
Anything over $200.00 automatically has a NRD attached, I believe. You'd need to wait until distributors like BBTS post theirs for PO to avoid it.

I'll wait on the diecast figures for a few years, See how well they hold up in the long run. Too much can go wrong with it, and I see the added weight as a negative, not a positive. It's also possible that the standard mms figures will see the added articulation on later releases.

Either/or, I'll tke the wait and see approach.

I can understand that, I do not care about the weight that much but I like the fact that i do not have to be as gentle with it as compared to my others that I sometimes feel if i hold them the wrong way they might break. If money grew on trees I would buy a second one and just toss it around to see how tough it really is.

So anyone know what pricing the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark IV,VI and War Machine go for these days?

Back