1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I maintain (despite people thinking I'm dead wrong) that Hot Toys will revisit, at minimum, the more popular Mark releases from the Iron Man releases (Mark I, III, IV, VI, VII) with diecast.

Now having WM MKII with diecast I'd love to have all my Iron Man releases featuring diecast- bring it on. It makes a worlds difference.

After messing with WM, I'd love to see them revisit MkIII BD, god that would be a killer set. :yess:

Everyone should keep in mind that when HT says "die cast", that phrase is deceptive. The IM figures features SOME die cast parts, very probably certain sections of armor and nothing else. That being the case, I doubt it will effect articulation in the slightest, because the parts involved with articulation will be plastic as usual.
The downside that I foresee is a higher center of gravity than all-plastic figures, which may make tip-overs (and consequent breakages) more of a problem.
OMG did this to show what parts are diecast and plastic.

WMMKII181_zpsf3065c15.jpg~original
Yep, HT should be credited with implementing diecast is such a way that it has strengthened and improved the figure's articulation over its plastic counterparts. I know Mr Walker believes that the same articulation could be implemented in 100% plastic figures, but I just don't think so. I think plastic would break under the strain that I've seen the joints put through in the WM MK II videos. Thing is people that don't like diecast seem to be kind of religious about it. There's just no way they'll view it as positive until these figures prove themselves over a few years, I guess.

What you failed to take into account, was the fact that I was speaking out of my *** with blind ignorance.
*does double-take* Lol, while I wouldn't have put it that way, glad to see a diecast skeptic open to the possibility that HT implemented it well. I was 100% sceptical, myself, until I saw what they'd done and how much better the articulation was. We'll see over time how they do, but at the moment I've feeling a lot better about diecast than I was previously.

Pre order is up. $399...
Dang, that's not a bad price. Since there's no exclusive, I'll be waiting for a local distributor to order, though. What a fantastic figure.

Last edited:
Release date April 2015. Hot toys really have us by the ball$ if they can get us to preorder something ( with a deposit at some vendors ) over 15 months in advance ! Damn we're screwed.

Woah, $400 is a bit much, he is about the same size as IM, I was expecting it to be around the same price as the other IM diecasts.

Why did we need an entire new thread for this? Weird.

Anyway. Looks fan****ingtastic.

400 bucks is insane though.. haha
Think I'll cancel my Raynor and get this instead. Save $100 bucks.

Not shocked at all with the price. Right around what I'd expect for a 13" diecast armour. Going to have to watch IM2 again tonight I think...

Release date April 2015. Hot toys really have us by the ball$ if they can get us to preorder something ( with a deposit at some vendors ) over 15 months in advance ! Damn we're screwed.
Eh, yeah with situations like Mother's Basement, I don't blame people for being a bit incredulous given the huge pre-order window with these. Really with someone like Sideshow I would feel 100% confident leaving $40.00 with them for that time, though. Local distributors is another thing, entirely, though. Luckily the one I go through (Urban Samurai) does not require deposits. I agree in those cases it's best not to pay a deposit and just source it elsewhere (or direct to Sideshow, worst case).

Woah, $400 is a bit much, he is about the same size as IM, I was expecting it to be around the same price as the other IM diecasts.
Figure overall is slightly larger and a lot more complex, IMO. $400.00 seems about right to me. Was actually fearing it would be a lot more, so I'm good with the price.

Last edited:
Back