1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 237D06 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Mark II Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i love this thing and will def try to get it but that MR hs is disappointing as it is clearly whiplash 1.0 hs. Did HT really think too stupid to notice
or remember? It even has the same squinty eyes look no less which looks kinda funny, they at least could have given us the entire 1.0 hs unmasked :slap

:exactly:

I wish they went for the "gud to b bak" look:

IM2_IW.jpg

That would look so much better, maybe the customizers out there can come up with a good stand alone head as an alternative

Looks good... will purchase. I just wish they had gone with the full headsculpt, I don't understand why they decided with this half headsculpt bs, he never looked like that in the movie. Oh, and light up whips were a nice bonus, if it hadn't come with it would be a no-buy.

$359 is my guess, at least at SS.
It is a shame about the half-helm sculpt, but at least the whips have LED function.
I can't help but wonder how HT is going to handle that; will it have a string of LEDs
running the entire length of the whips? If so, bending and posing might eventually break the circuit.
On the other hand, if they have just one light source at each hand area, that would suck.
I'll rarely if ever display the lighted whips anyway, so no matter really.
Looks awesome, instant buy.

The lighted whips are cool but it is such a pain to turn the lights on with these. I usually take a few pictures with the lights on when i get a new IM figure then pull the batteries and never use the lights again.

I'm happy his base matches the mark IV base. I used it to put my war machine on it. This whiplash is definitely going to get posed with my WM in a fighting diorama. Light up whips wrapping around WM will look soooo sick!!

So much for the rumblings of "no more diecast Iron Man offerings" because this piece of art has it. Definitely an upgrade and far superior.

It looks impressive, but an upgrade? It's never been offered before! :lol

Not too fussed about the head sculpt. It seems poor, but will never see the light of day for most people I suspect. :lol

Last edited:
It looks impressive, but an upgrade? It's never been offered before! :lol

Not too fussed about the head sculpt. It seems poor, but will never see the light of day for most people I suspect. :lol

I think he is talking about WM MKII. The diecast on that makes a night and day difference. All my other IM figures sometimes feel like i might break something just holding them, the diecast feels solid and actually worth the money we pay for these things. I will admit I was not a fan of the switch to diecast but I am VERY impressed with the new WM.

The sculpt looks like the helmet mid transformation, but as Walker said, I for one would never use it. I didn't care much for whiplash, but I love Iron Whiplash design and I'll never use a Rourke head sculpt with it.

hand_money_over.gif

I feel like this with all of the Iron Man releases coming out.

Man. Love it. Will definitely be pre-ordering this one.

I know it's not related to this thread but Iron Man 1/6 Busts released at HK

1558381_599341743478051_1035668635_n.jpg

photo shared by William Lau on OSR

Lacitesdesnuages has this one for Pre-Order. 334.9 Euros and 301.4 Euros for Members. I'm guessing 335/350 US Dollars On Sideshow later today.

Back