1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't they just used this body? It has the broader chest to go with those big arms.

Hems worth doesn't have that big a chest in the movies. If they made it bigger they would be taking serious artistic license and making it a more "idealistic" Thor than a movie accurate one.

I have version 1 Thor mainly for the iconic helm, but this version without sleeves is a must have for me! Also, my version 1 Thor doesnt hold him hammer well :( The joints are not tight enough to hold the weight of the hammer. I wish the helm came with all versions, I understand it may not have an appearance in the movie but its just the next most iconic piece to Thor aside from Mjolnir. I skipped on the Avengers Thor though, I like the head sculpt better than version 1 but too similar to have both. At least there are several more noticeable differences in the new one such as the braids in the hair, the best likeness yet in my opinion, the way the cape is attached to the armor is different and I like it more, I like the gladiator style skirt, nice dio base although I wish it came with a standard base too to match my collection, and I like the armor pattern on the thighs as opposed to just full on "pants". Im hoping the joints on the body are ratcheting so they can hold the hammer and other poses better since the skin will hide the joints used for ratchet type.

That being said.... yes I am a fan of comics and super hero characters, yes Thor is one of my favorite Marvel Characters, but I dont think I am biased and if the figure didnt look that great or was too similar to others I would not get it; but I like the differences in the light armor version quite a bit.

Best Hemsworth as Thor likeness from HT so far.

I think Kojun not being connected with this figure in any way tells a lot.

First HT Thor = Head Art directed by Kojun

Avengers HT Thor = Head sculpted by Kojun

Thor TDW = Head Sculpted by KA Kim, Painted by JC Hong, Directed by Yulli

1395852_578199645586356_1041686336_n.jpg

484736_578199652253022_331543084_n.jpg

1382964_578199658919688_556034366_n.jpg

1391869_578199695586351_370072711_n.jpg

1453554_578199705586350_418838863_n.jpg

943717_578199718919682_1977952863_n.jpg

Again, event photos take nothing away from this! Fantastic no matter what! :hi5:

I like that Wolverine sculpt.......:monkey3

Me too. :wink1:

How many fellow collectors have the avengers version and are still getting this version?

I got the avengers one but damn this one is awesome!

Definitely me! I still love TA version and still have both variants of this preordered! Thor is awesome! :lecture

I am glad I waited for this all because I liked the styling on his hair more in promo photos a few months back. Both figures are nice but I will put my money on the armor version for now since I passed on The Avengers Thor.

Sparrow, Blade, Mechanic Stark off the top of my head.

An argument could be made for as good, but not better. Certainly not Sparrow.

Hems worth doesn't have that big a chest in the movies. If they made it bigger they would be taking serious artistic license and making it a more "idealistic" Thor than a movie accurate one.

Instead they just took artistic license with the arms - making the chest look too small.

Best Hemsworth as Thor likeness from HT so far.

I think Kojun not being connected with this figure in any way tells a lot.

First HT Thor = Head Art directed by Kojun

Avengers HT Thor = Head sculpted by Kojun

Thor TDW = Head Sculpted by KA Kim, Painted by JC Hong, Directed by Yulli

Out with Kojun, keep him away. lol. KA Kim.. :clap

An argument could be made for as good, but not better. Certainly not Sparrow.
Disagree, those are the cream of the HT crop. This is not.
The expression on this alone is highly questionable, even off putting for some.

It is the best likeness of the character so far though.

I really love this version. I just got Odin as I dont see HT making him again, so he hevis necessary for my Thor 2 display

How many fellow collectors have the avengers version and are still getting this version?

I got the avengers one but damn this one is awesome!

I think we're really the target market for this sleeveless verison. :lol

(But..dang, I feel compelled to get the sleeved one too!)

It's a smart move for both worlds. People with the Avengers Thor are more likely to get the sleeveless Light Armor version while those who missed out would get the armored version. HT wins either way since some people might get both.

It's a smart move for both worlds. People with the Avengers Thor are more likely to get the sleeveless Light Armor version while those who missed out would get the armored version. HT wins either way since some people might get both.

too expensive for me to get both! so I'll get this version even though I don't have the avengers one. This is too cool to pass up. Think there may be more armored ones to come.

I ordered this with Sideshow. I expect to be better off financially by the time it comes around so I'm not too worried about the customs bill. Plus I'm adding to my rewards points after the Batmobile and some pre-existing ones I already had.

Depending on what the new Loki looks like I'll probably end up deciding between him or the Avengers version and get a Loki aswell.

I've decided to go for it because every time I watch Avengers and probably its sequel I'm gonna wish I had figures of these guys. I already bought Hulk so now I'll wait to see what the new Captain America figures are like and I'll even be buying an Iron Man, despite my revulsion for HT's obsession with him.

I ordered this with Sideshow. I expect to be better off financially by the time it comes around so I'm not too worried about the customs bill. Plus I'm adding to my rewards points after the Batmobile and some pre-existing ones I already had.

Depending on what the new Loki looks like I'll probably end up deciding between him or the Avengers version and get a Loki aswell.

I've decided to go for it because every time I watch Avengers and probably its sequel I'm gonna wish I had figures of these guys. I already bought Hulk so now I'll wait to see what the new Captain America figures are like and I'll even be buying an Iron Man, despite my revulsion for HT's obsession with him.

go get 'em a-dev!

:hi5::yess:

Back