1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered this with Sideshow. I expect to be better off financially by the time it comes around so I'm not too worried about the customs bill. Plus I'm adding to my rewards points after the Batmobile and some pre-existing ones I already had.

Depending on what the new Loki looks like I'll probably end up deciding between him or the Avengers version and get a Loki aswell.

I've decided to go for it because every time I watch Avengers and probably its sequel I'm gonna wish I had figures of these guys. I already bought Hulk so now I'll wait to see what the new Captain America figures are like and I'll even be buying an Iron Man, despite my revulsion for HT's obsession with him.

evil-laugh.gif

I ordered this with Sideshow. I expect to be better off financially by the time it comes around so I'm not too worried about the customs bill. Plus I'm adding to my rewards points after the Batmobile and some pre-existing ones I already had.

Depending on what the new Loki looks like I'll probably end up deciding between him or the Avengers version and get a Loki aswell.

I've decided to go for it because every time I watch Avengers and probably its sequel I'm gonna wish I had figures of these guys. I already bought Hulk so now I'll wait to see what the new Captain America figures are like and I'll even be buying an Iron Man, despite my revulsion for HT's obsession with him.

I'm sort of on the same page with you, buddy. Though the Avengers version costumes never appealed to me, I now feel like I should have at least the big three from the team even if they are not from the Avengers line. I have Mark 42 on PO, so that's a check next to IM's name. I'll PO one of the Thors from TDW, and will definitely be getting the new Cap. (Winter Soldier's a must for me too, as I'm a fan of the character and I think the movie version is bad a** and comic-accurate in design). If my finances go well I might get a Hulk along the way, too now that local resellers are pricing Hulk much lower than when the figure was not officially out yet in the country.

Nice! I'm seeing it next week on Monday at the premiere in the US. :hi5: Without spoilers, what did you think of it?

It was decent, still find myself liking the first a bit more for some reason but i'd happily sit through it again. Malekith wasn't my favourite villain but i love the look of the dark elves kind of hoping one gets made by HT. Its a good watch, im looking forward to re watching all the phase 2 movies once they are all out on blu ray.

Nice! I'm seeing it next week on Monday at the premiere in the US. :hi5: Without spoilers, what did you think of it?

If I may add my thoughts, dw316 -- IMO Thor: TDW is the strongest Marvel movie that have come out this year, compared to Iron Man 3 and The Wolverine. Great writing and fantastic post-credits scene.

How I'd BBTS able to get exclusives now? Granted, it's sold out now.

Is this a new trend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBTS must be among "THE SELECTED MARKETS ONLY" now :lol

Kidding aside, we can tell that this version would go crazy-high in the aftermarket as resellers would ride the hype and illusion of rarity HT's "selected markets only" announcement made.

I'm sort of on the same page with you, buddy. Though the Avengers version costumes never appealed to me, I now feel like I should have at least the big three from the team even if they are not from the Avengers line. I have Mark 42 on PO, so that's a check next to IM's name. I'll PO one of the Thors from TDW, and will definitely be getting the new Cap. (Winter Soldier's a must for me too, as I'm a fan of the character and I think the movie version is bad a** and comic-accurate in design). If my finances go well I might get a Hulk along the way, too now that local resellers are pricing Hulk much lower than when the figure was not officially out yet in the country.

Yeah, I'm kinda glad I didn't get to buy the first run of Avengers. To be honest they've all had weaknesses, be it likenesses that aren't exactly top notch or the original costume design not being the best.

Hulk is fine, I don't know how different he'll look in the next film, longer hair or something but that won't really be enough reason to upgrade unless they manage to improve something else.

Its a waiting game now to see what Winter Soldier Cap looks like and I personally would hope for a PPS Mark VII or something. Other characters like Fury, Hawkeye and Black Widow I may or may not buy. Would want to see improved likenesses.

Re: Hot Toys - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Yes they have- the colonial marine Drake from ALIENS, and I think the Rocky and Rambo figures too.

Yep that sarcasm was un-called for, i simply couldn't see the joint in the pics due to rubber arms.
How was i supposed to know arms were rubber? Never factored into my mind that thor would have RUBBER ARMS!

anyone know how many figures are coming out from this film? if they don't release sif or jane I'm going to end up buying the sleeved version of thor

Jane and Sif, YES I hope. I would die to have Thor and Jane displayed together!

I really wish I could get a combination of both. Would've been nice if you could of just swap the upper half of the body. Pop it off like Hulk. I really like the gray black cape too.

I really wish I could get a combination of both. Would've been nice if you could of just swap the upper half of the body. Pop it off like Hulk. I really like the gray black cape too.

Yeah I wish they made it like the DX07, especially since the head sculpts are the same. The only thing different is the outfit. If they wanted to sell it separately they should of done a different head sculpt. Granted there is a risk that it might not be as good but at least it would of been different. :dunno

Hot Toy's motto is: "Why sell one, when you can sell two at twice the price?"
:rotfl

So true. :rotfl

Back