1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 225 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor - Light Asgardian Armor Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an email from Sideshow that I would be charged for this figure on the 23rd. Can I still apply award points to this purchase? If so how much does 435 reward points save me?

I received an email from Sideshow that I would be charged for this figure on the 23rd. Can I still apply award points to this purchase? If so how much does 435 reward points save me?

No. you would have to cancel and reorder and since it is on the wait list you would lose your order. 20 points = $1, so not enough to worry about. I would save them up till you could get a free figure.

''I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures.'' -Ron Swanson :wink1:

are you implying there isn't an invisible force randomly pushing the odds of events in and out of my favor.

rfFWukr.jpg

I really was so certain the Light armored Thor was superior to the armored version when this went up for preorder and when it was first released. But now the pictures and video reviews of both have kind of made me lean more toward the armored version now. ehh first world problems.

Yeah subzero is right sorry. 20 points=$1 and I usually save them if I know there is a line that is coming out soon that I want I will save those points and shave down the prices of the figures so I feel better about buying a ton :). Right now I'm saving for the AoU line

Yeah subzero is right sorry. 20 points=$1 and I usually save them if I know there is a line that is coming out soon that I want I will save those points and shave down the prices of the figures so I feel better about buying a ton :). Right now I'm saving for the AoU line

Yeah me too, I've got 5000+ saved so by the time AOU figures get here hopefully it will take a huge chunk off Hulkbuster

The point system is nice though. After the whole avengers scene, I had enough points to pay most of the pf hellboy off. When the time comes, he will cost me $14 plus shipping.

For those who have seen the ClipperKing video, has your opinion changed about the figures? Which one of the two do you prefer at this point?

The point system is nice though. After the whole avengers scene, I had enough points to pay most of the pf hellboy off. When the time comes, he will cost me $14 plus shipping.

I just wanted to cash in my reward points now because I don't plan on buying from Sideshow anymore. But I guess I'll just save it for an exclusive I want that I can only get with them. I prefer BBTS or when possible secondary market if the figure goes below retail which they often do for a brief time.

Those Sideshow reward points are a scam. 20 points = $1, You get a point for every dollar of the unit price not including the tax and shipping. So you roughly get 4% of your money spent back later with these points, which they also make you jump threw hoops just to use. BBTS is usually about 10% lower than sideshow, and a Trusted ebay seller is often 20-25% lower.

So do I want to save 10-25% now or wait around and jump threw hoops for 4%. Inflation compounds this and dictates more money right now is far far better than less money later. Sorry if that seemed like a lot, but I'm really bored at work and I always chuckle when fellow collectors get excited about buying a figure solely with reward points from SS. That free figure actually cost you 2X to 5X more just over time ie. IMO reward points = Scam.

Back