1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to accumulate more rewards points to buy him but didn't want to risk it with the low stock. Used $72 reward points and got it for $180 shipped. Man, California tax blows....

Just pre ordered this from amiami. Have anyone preordered from them before? All hot toys figures are on 'provisional pre order' which means that "This item is a provisional pre-order as low production quantities set by the maker may prevent us from procuring enough quantities to fulfill all orders."

I've asked this in the past before I pre ordered man of steel from them and they answered "We should be able to provide stock of the item for your order as long as the item's release is not discontinued by the maker."

So doesnt seem like there will be a problem with provisional pre order, just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with amiami regarding hot toys.

Their prices are very good and we dont have to pay until the item is in their warehouse which is always a plus for me.

Amiami is a cool place to order from, with some pretty competitive prices on some things, but I cancelled my order for the HT Amazing Spiderman figure, when they informed me that if I had the fragile shoulder problem, I would not get a refund or replacement from them, but that there was insurance on the figure that I would have to sort out myself. Same thing with polystone statues. It seems if you get a broken one from them, it's on you, deal with it. Kinda lame, but I still order a bunch of stuff from there.

I've ordered from amiami many times in the past with no problems. Mostly Bandai Macross Frontier stuff, haven't ordered any Hot Toys though.

They really, really, need to widen the chest armor in the final product.

I hope so! Please, let it end up like this! :pray:

2gujvyc.jpg

I ended preordering the Light armor, as I prefer my Thor to be sleeveless. I think I got the last preorder too as it went almost immediately to wait list afterward.

Local dealer texted that their supplier cancelled slots for the light armor, so I'll be stuck with this one. Good Thor figure is good sleeves or no sleeves anyway, so...

I have faith that the armor will be fixed. It's an easy thing for HT anyway.

Local dealer texted that their supplier cancelled slots for the light armor, so I'll be stuck with this one. Good Thor figure is good sleeves or no sleeves anyway, so...

I have faith that the armor will be fixed. It's an easy thing for HT anyway.

I love the scene where he transitions from no armour to armour in the air.
When he runs up the steps, throws off the poncho, leaps out into the air and grabs the hammer as it passes him, with his sleeves and cape appearing the instant he grabs the hammer.
It was a really nice touch.

When he runs up the steps, throws off the poncho, leaps out into the air and grabs the hammer as it passes him, with his sleeves and cape appearing the instant he grabs the hammer.

I must have missed that! Need to watch it again! :slap

I must have missed that! Need to watch it again! :slap

It's very subtle.
He's got the poncho on, the alarms sound from the dungeon escape and his Mum says: "Go. I will look after her(Jane)".
Thor runs up the steps, shrugs off the poncho on his way up revealing bare arms and no cape and when he leaps out off the platform, the hammer(Which he had obviously been calling during the entire scene), zips past and it's *only* when his hand connects with the hammer that his sleeves appear and his cape extends out as he shoots off into the distance.

It's kind of funny because for that split second when he runs up and jumps off the balcony, i was thinking: "But i thought he wasn't able to fly without the hammer?????", then Mjolnir zips past camera, he grabs it and flies off. I was like: "Ahhhhhh. That makes sense".

It's very subtle.
He's got the poncho on, the alarms sound from the dungeon escape and his Mum says: "Go. I will look after her(Jane)".
Thor runs up the steps, shrugs off the poncho on his way up revealing bare arms and no cape and when he leaps out off the platform, the hammer(Which he had obviously been calling during the entire scene), zips past and it's *only* when his hand connects with the hammer that his sleeves appear and his cape extends out as he shoots off into the distance.

It's kind of funny because for that split second when he runs up and jumps off the balcony, i was thinking: "But i thought he wasn't able to fly without the hammer?????", then Mjolnir zips past camera, he grabs it and flies off. I was like: "Ahhhhhh. That makes sense".

Agreed. That's an awesome scene, made Thor very majestic on screen.

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! :wave

It's very subtle.

Also loved this scene. One thing that bothered me about the movie is during Odin's wife's send away(can't remember her name), everyone in Asgard is wearing their helmets....except Thor. Even Sir Hopkins is wearing his! Minor quibble I just wanted to see Thor wear his helmet, since the DW costume is perfect in my eyes.

It's very subtle.

That was a great scene...I really wanna see this film again now!! :gah: Bring on the Bluray release!! :impatient:

It came out when, November? Given today's rate of film-t-bluray-release, we probably have 2 months until that happens.. lol :wink1: My guess is probably around Winter Soldier or after in the summer. I'm going to wait for the Phase 2 packaging though.

I think the same thing happens when Loki and Thor play their trick on Malekith. He summons the hammer, Loki reveals the illusion that his hand isn't cut off, and once he grabs it, his sleeves form.

It's already up for pre-order...no release date though...most likely before CA:WS...sure they'll have a new trailer for that on the disc....

Anybody every have problems pre ordering from CMD store?

I believe they are located in Canada, so I'm wondering why shipping to a USA address is only fifteen bucks.

Any body ever have them jack up shipping on an item you already preordered, or drop preorders completely??

I believe they are located in Canada, so I'm wondering why shipping to a USA address is only fifteen bucks.

Any body ever have them jack up shipping on an item you already preordered, or drop preorders completely??

And I mean pre ordering the Hot toys Thor fig, not the dark world blu ray.

I ordered some Halo toys from them in the past and didn't have any problems. :wink1:

Back