1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain the armor piece will be corrected by shipment. But the lack of cloth under the gauntlets, and the (too) smooth look of the chain mail bugs the heck out of me.

Didn't think he had cloth under the gauntlets in The Dark World, was under the impression they were solid.

Just found a reasonably high res pic, definitely look solid

e321a97e0c81c1497df487237da6ee39_zps99ef466e.jpg

Looks like cloth, but they look tidier than the cloth wraps he had before.

I prefer the cloth wrap look though. :D

Especially these intricate ones he had in Avengers:

avengers-thor-hemsworth.jpg

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they release anything else besides Loki. Also, really hoping they darken the chainmail, everything I've seen looks way too bright. I will most likely PO as I'm still not sure if I want the armoured or unarmoured version, but it is definitely making me hesitate a little.

Will they release an Odin?

I hope so they can release very possible Avengers Character but give us some supporting characters they balk at it
As many are predicting, no. First one didn't sell that well.

Which is a shame because its a good figure and this time his costume looks even better. To bad they never released the first Loki the three would have made a great set

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they release anything else besides Loki. Also, really hoping they darken the chainmail, everything I've seen looks way too bright. I will most likely PO as I'm still not sure if I want the armoured or unarmoured version, but it is definitely making me hesitate a little.

Loki is for sure considering its basically the Avengers suit minus the golden armor. Kurse or Malakith would be a great addition but you know Hot Toys its the main characters and if the movie makes a billion dollars you get everyone including the extras and stunt doubles

LOL, I wouldn't mind a figure of myself.... I hope The Winter Soldier does very well! haha

Reminds me of an episode from Big Bang Theory.

THAT FIGURE IS AMAZING!!!!!! so glad I ordered, might sell my v1 thor its never been out the box

anyone have an opinion on the range of the elbows bending? or if they will bend just fine like an arm, but return back to original position because of the chain mail? I have yet to hold a HT Thor so idk what that chain mail is like for posing..

I just find it so odd that they can get this likeness spot on and look so perfect and get banner so wrong

anyone have an opinion on the range of the elbows bending? or if they will bend just fine like an arm, but return back to original position because of the chain mail? I have yet to hold a HT Thor so idk what that chain mail is like for posing..

The general thinking is that these arms are like the Chris Redfield/Dutch /Hulk arms.
There's an internal skeleton used for articulation, with rubber moulded on top in the shape of the chainmail.
It will bend like Hulk's arms. There's no telling how cool it will look when fully bent of course. Only time will tell with that.

Back