1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 224 - Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody every have problems pre ordering from CMD store?

I believe they are located in Canada, so I'm wondering why shipping to a USA address is only fifteen bucks.

Any body ever have them jack up shipping on an item you already preordered, or drop preorders completely??

Got a Hulk from them with no problems :dunno

^^^ Not yet. Their newsletter a few weeks ago said it was going to sell out soon so I pre-ordered to hold onto one, but it's still on there.

^^^ Okay sorry, I didn't realize you were asking about the sleeveless light armor version. That one is sold out but there is a waitlist. Try google "light armor thor sideshow hot toys" and the link should pop up. Cheers!

So, I just noticed that with the cloak on, he's not wearing the cape. It doesn't mention it in the specs but it looks like it's removable. That would be a big plus, IMO, especially on the light armor version. Sorry if this has been covered already, search came up empty.

Search tool now only covers up to the site reboot. :(
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was already covered before that the cape is removable for this version.
Hopefully HT won't glue the cape on the other version.

So, I just noticed that with the cloak on, he's not wearing the cape. It doesn't mention it in the specs but it looks like it's removable. That would be a big plus, IMO, especially on the light armor version. Sorry if this has been covered already, search came up empty.

When he is wearing the cloak, he has no cape or coverings on his arms.
In the scene where he shrugs off the cape and runs up to the parapet and jumps into the air, as soon as he is holding the hammer, the cape appears from out of his shoulder armour as do the arm coverings.

I was getting the sleeveless for my wife, but won her one of this version instead. Not sure what to do with the light armor version.

Re: Hot Toys Thor: The Dark World (Thor)

1381654_10151696958792344_1245806416_n.jpg

1379556_10151696958787344_180585298_n.jpg

1395800_10151696958772344_70420848_n.jpg

1380109_10151696958932344_667234156_n.jpg

I'm about to pre-order that just now.. Oooooo weeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted its not HT, but that knock off still looks a lot better than any Thor toy you'll find in TRU or Walmart. :dunno

The materials on that thing look like they might smell weird/toxic.

These Chinese knock-offs tend to smell weird a lot...

ha ha no ,no stink ,they are honestly pretty good ,if you factor the head ,slightly smaller than the hot toys ,the hair is removable and fits the hot toys first issue thor pretty nice for a different look ,the hammer ,not metal , the cape ,really nicely made ,fully lined and pleated in the back ,the wrist bands ,the boots ,half hollow solid feet ,and the belt and breast plate ,all for uk price $28 ,usa around $40 ,well worth a rattle if you want parts for a kitbash

^^ Is that hammer made out of the same material as the HT one or is it plastic?

Back