Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't collect HT's anymore (gave up a year ago for PF) but this is the best looking figure from the past 6-12 months easy.

130928030958209925.jpg

Too obvious, no need to point it out (same with bone claws).
Chances that HT not gonna use same old Origins mold are little to none.

Headsculpt is good, but not great. I'm surprised this is not getting enough flak here. :lol
I hope extra outfits is the new trend for HT.

Agreed. It's good, but there's a lot of improvement to be had in terms of likeness.

The chosen expression is questionable at best...horrible IMO.

I'd like only 1 Jackman Wolverine for my collection and sadly this is not it.

Agreed. It's good, but there's a lot of improvement to be had in terms of likeness.

The chosen expression is questionable at best...horrible IMO.

I'd like only 1 Jackman Wolverine for my collection and sadly this is not it.

What do you think needs to be improved?:peace

I think it's the best Jackman Sculpt so far, but as the saying goes "There's always room for improvement"

I will say that the pic from Toy Hunters is really off looking. I don't know if the glass is distorting the face or what.

I don't think he's able to open his hands or bend his wrists with his claws out.

Actually, he can open his hands and have the claws out. Marvel select did it with their new movie figure :)

However, what I would like to see is some hands with the claws half way out as if they are coming out for the first time or maybe the middle claw can be shorter. Can't believe they haven't done this yet...

Last edited:
I don't know what is wrong with you people. This is an amazing sculpt, and I will be picking it up. I agree that the lips need a small tweaking. But these comments are just nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking.

All that complaining about the Tony stark eyes resulted in a piece of crap stinking of shelves. Look at BBTS, they still got over a hundred of these boxes still sitting there. The prototype sculpt was just fine.

And the people who wanted hot toys to make the changes ended up never picking the Tony Stark when it was released.

His eyes almost look like he has Chinese ancestry. Kind of like the prototype pics for Hawkeye and Tony Stark. Then again these are prototypes and will change for final product. Still much better than the Last Stand version.
I will probably order him. Then when final pics are released and people get him in hand I can decide whether to cancel or not. But hopefully by then prototype pics of him from Xmen: Days of Future Past are released, and up for pre order. Sonce the place I get my figures are late I can still cancel before order is processed. See there are advantages of getting from places other than Sideshow that get them later.

I own the previous 2 Wolverine HT's figures, not sure if I want this one.

For all that have seen this movie, IMO this is such a great likeness of Hugh Jackman! I can't believe anyone could be disappointed with this offering. He looks fantastic :)

Don't plan on buying it but think it's the best Jackman likeness to date. Nice outfit, too. Like the regular duds over the X-Men costume by far.

What do you think needs to be improved?:peace

I think it's the best Jackman Sculpt so far, but as the saying goes "There's always room for improvement"

I will say that the pic from Toy Hunters is really off looking. I don't know if the glass is distorting the face or what.

Well said. Its one of the closer likeness i have seen of recent sculpts from hot toys. They pretty much are usually in the 80 pct likeness range and i think this is well above 90 pct. i know people are complaining about the lip but its a tight expression they are trying to showcase and expressive sculpts always appear a bit off... They are not really off but it usually seems so as many cant draw a parallel to or relate it to an exact expression in a scene. I have seen hot toys mess up or achieve 80 odd pct likeness for neutral expressions so this is way way a good job in my openion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I really like the sculpt and think it is a good looking figure. Will look great with the other two.

They pretty much are usually in the 80 pct likeness range..
What? :lol

That's SSC on a good day (not counting the new Hoth Luke & Han PROTOS).

The new Hugh face is good - but compacted. It needs to be elongated a bit, as someone earlier had shown.

Last edited:
Back