Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks buddy, will wait for it -- then I'll decide which one to buy :)

About the eye color, while I've not seen the authentic Origins sculpt I have seen claer/high-res photos of it from reviews online and I thought the eyes are a bit unnatural, but maybe we could credit that to HT's old painting technique and headplay tried to copy even that :)

HT has used decal eyes for a long time now as do most mass produced companies. The new HT sculpt are probably painted by assembly line.... i assume they just airbrush the skin over a flesh tone cast in a vinyl rubber material. The decals for the eyes are placed by hand and the details are still hand done as the eye lashes and color placement around the eye seems to vary from each sculpt. For the kinds of numbers they are doing now it has to be something like this

Getting closer......
ja7ese4e.jpg

Excuse my double-post, but I just posted this in the Custom Wolvie thread, and thought it might be helpful here, too!

Here are some pics of the Headplay Origins sculpt, several people have asked me for them. Note, that's not the final outfit for my origins bash, I just threw it together for these pictures. Shirt and coat are from Kit, head from Headplay.

If someone who has the authentic HT sculpt could comment on the accuracy, that would be awesome!

13287058064_9b30337902.jpg

13286849273_2fcc551ba5.jpg

13286849393_89ff4e23ef.jpg

13287056194_210e3d1516.jpg

13287057474_cc0619f53b.jpg

If anyone is on the fence about Rahmier's paint job, GET IT! It brings out the likeness and makes it so much more accurate. I'll post pictures later but you will not be disappointed.

Excuse my double-post, but I just posted this in the Custom Wolvie thread, and thought it might be helpful here, too!

Here are some pics of the Headplay Origins sculpt, several people have asked me for them. Note, that's not the final outfit for my origins bash, I just threw it together for these pictures. Shirt and coat are from Kit, head from Headplay.

If someone who has the authentic HT sculpt could comment on the accuracy, that would be awesome!

13287058064_9b30337902.jpg

13286849273_2fcc551ba5.jpg

13286849393_89ff4e23ef.jpg

13287056194_210e3d1516.jpg

13287057474_cc0619f53b.jpg

Looks fine, slightly soft. Maybe some extra flesh tones in the skin creases.

Rahmier, you are very talented. looking forward to that custom being completed :)

Thank you man love your Wolvie as well.

If anyone is on the fence about Rahmier's paint job, GET IT! It brings out the likeness and makes it so much more accurate. I'll post pictures later but you will not be disappointed.

Thanks MudBlood! I can't wait to see the pics

This is Rahmier's repaint. My iPhone pictures don't do it justice, but trust me, it looks 100% better. Excuse the little dust particles on the suit, sometimes my phone picks out the wrong details. If you're on the fence about getting it, get it. It makes it the likeness pop and the paint quality matches HT's. Can't recommend him enough.

Thanks for that buddy.

I always thought it was slimmer....oh well

No worries. Like i said, it *looks* slimmer because the head is sculpted larger.
Looks fine on a body with a few layers of clothing.
But if you want a ripped body you'll either have to get a Reeve Superman body or a TTM20.

Back