Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there could be more than one "company" producing the KO heads, as the one I got actually had lighter skin tone than the authentic HT head and I also heard of some accounts that the KO they got were darker. I got mine from my trusted Ebay seller Kit (iyiyyy). One thing I also noticed is that it's very soft, which I think is a given as it's a recast of a Hot Toys sculpt that's rather soft.

I used mine for this WW2 Logan custom (which I posted on the custom Wolverine thread). It got darker after the blood spatter, some wash for dirt, and "shaving" the mustache. I'll take a close up photo when I'm not as busy.

Charest1-6b_zpse655e015.jpg

man that looks sweet !!!
the grenade looks too new btw.

Thanks guys. I thought about using the bone claws, but then I wanted it to have the same feel as Travis Charest's art so I used the metal claws :)

Just a quick question for those lucky enough to already have the MMS220.
Living in Germany, the MMS220 will not be available until June but I am leaning towards getting this awesome release.
When I do, I want to have an extra body (maybe a truetype 20 muscular version) for the second outfit (Tank top and pants).
Do you guys know if the MMS220 head will fit the truetype 20 neck, or do I need an neck adaptor (like the one included in the 19 and 21)?

Haha a Barrack Osama figure!!!!

Was that you typing too fast, or was that intentional?

Is the white shirt, the Hot Toys Coulson shirt?

It's not. The suit on that custom is one i bought from a fellow member here, but it is very nice. The jacket and trousers are very nicely tailored, as is the shirt. If i were to guess, i'd say it were one of the $45 Mens Hommes 1/6 black suits available on Ebay. But if you like, i can ask the member here i got it from where *he* got it.

I used mine for this WW2 Logan custom (which I posted on the custom Wolverine thread). It got darker after the blood spatter, some wash for dirt, and "shaving" the mustache. I'll take a close up photo when I'm not as busy.

Charest1-6b_zpse655e015.jpg

Great work. And very true to your source image.
Amazing!
It does look cooler with the metal claws, but it would be great to see a few pics of it with the bone ones if you have a set.

Just a quick question for those lucky enough to already have the MMS220.
Living in Germany, the MMS220 will not be available until June but I am leaning towards getting this awesome release.
When I do, I want to have an extra body (maybe a truetype 20 muscular version) for the second outfit (Tank top and pants).
Do you guys know if the MMS220 head will fit the truetype 20 neck, or do I need an neck adaptor (like the one included in the 19 and 21)?

The head does fit on the TTM20 with no adapter.
There has been a little bit of debate about HT perhaps moving to a "true 1/6th scale" with all new figures(Previous figures have been 12" scale which is not actually the same thing). In any case, the MOS head is gigantic and can't be put on just any body, which is what started the debate. With the Wolverine head being so big on the TTM19 it ships out with, i checked mine on a TTM20 when i first received it, and it looks fine with that body. Not too small on that body(I have pics of many other heads on a TTM20 and they look like pinheads), so it looks like they did the same with the new Logan sculpt, even though they shipped it with an old body design.

[...]
The head does fit on the TTM20 with no adapter.
There has been a little bit of debate about HT perhaps moving to a "true 1/6th scale" with all new figures(Previous figures have been 12" scale which is not actually the same thing). In any case, the MOS head is gigantic and can't be put on just any body, which is what started the debate. With the Wolverine head being so big on the TTM19 it ships out with, i checked mine on a TTM20 when i first received it, and it looks fine with that body. Not too small on that body(I have pics of many other heads on a TTM20 and they look like pinheads), so it looks like they did the same with the new Logan sculpt, even though they shipped it with an old body design.

Thanks a lot, sounds good to me. Now I will only have to decide wether to go for the MMS220 Wolverine, or an old time classic; the DX 2.0 Joker.
Or maybe I'll go all in and get both...

or it could be just variation due to being a KO? meaning like none are all consistent? Just from experience dealing with transformer KOs (and I know these are not like HT :lol but still KOs) there was variation in the quality of the KOs.

anywhoo, this is the one Rahmier got (KO on the left, HT on the right)...not sure where he got it from though so you could be right HM :) I'd just prefer to not take the risk anymore now seeing the difference. previous KOs have been a little closer to HT quality from what I've seen.

PS: fantastic custom! :clap

There ARE two KO sellers that I know of right now, Headplay and Kit (Iyiyyy). Even their pictures on ebay show that the paint jobs on the two are completely different. Kit's is lighter than the HT head, and Headplay's is darker.

Kit:
$_57.JPG

Headplay:
$_57.JPG

There ARE two KO sellers that I know of right now, Headplay and Kit (Iyiyyy). Even their pictures on ebay show that the paint jobs on the two are completely different. Kit's is lighter than the HT head, and Headplay's is darker.

There are actually more than just two sellers selling the KO, however, I wasn't sure if the difference in quality was just due to lighting in the picture or not

My WIP X-1 Wolverine (using MMS 220 sculpts as base) from his (intro) bar scene. Probably my favorite of his scenes!

"You lost your money, you keep it up you'll lose somethin' else..."

Sorry for the multi quoting! LOL

PS: fantastic custom! :clap

man that looks sweet !!!
the grenade looks too new btw.

Great work. And very true to your source image.
Amazing!
It does look cooler with the metal claws, but it would be great to see a few pics of it with the bone ones if you have a set.

Thank you, gents! I plan to order the bone claws, and I might just try it on this custom :)

Kit:
View attachment 99484

Headplay:
View attachment 99485

That's it! :)
The head play has better paint work

Headplay could pass for the real thing.

Exactly what I thought, as both photos posted by the respective sellers are the actual KOs they are selling. I got mine from Kit, and that's how mine looked. Lighter complexion, and the facial hair a bit airbrushy. I didn't mind as I planned to dirty it up from the beginning. Now seeing headplay's, I might order one from them for a clean-look custom. It was a pre-order, so I didn't know that there'd be a difference, and I had dealt with Kit before and it's always a breeze so I went to buy from Kit. But yeah, I've seen previous headplay recasts on hand and their paint apps have leveled up a lot it looks like the authentic sculpt.

There are actually more than just two sellers selling the KO, however, I wasn't sure if the difference in quality was just due to lighting in the picture or not

I guess the difference between Kit's and Headplay's is not just lighting. It could be produced by the same "company" but manufactured by different factories :) But wow, as the legit companies get better, so do these bootleggers :lol

Sorry for the multi quoting! LOL

Exactly what I thought, as both photos posted by the respective sellers are the actual KOs they are selling. I got mine from Kit, and that's how mine looked. Lighter complexion, and the facial hair a bit airbrushy. I didn't mind as I planned to dirty it up from the beginning. Now seeing headplay's, I might order one from them for a clean-look custom. It was a pre-order, so I didn't know that there'd be a difference, and I had dealt with Kit before and it's always a breeze so I went to buy from Kit. But yeah, I've seen previous headplay recasts on hand and their paint apps have leveled up a lot it looks like the authentic sculpt.

I guess the difference between Kit's and Headplay's is not just lighting. It could be produced by the same "company" but manufactured by different factories :) But wow, as the legit companies get better, so do these bootleggers :lol

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Kit the other day and am really happy with my experience with her, but the new Headplay heads are hard to beat for the price. I bought an Origins sculpt from Headplay and got it Monday--I've never seen the real thing in person, but the one I got looks pretty darn good. I will post some pics tonight. Could be a great alternative for the people who love the MMS220 body and outfit but aren't fans of the headsculpt!

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Kit the other day and am really happy with my experience with her, but the new Headplay heads are hard to beat for the price. I bought an Origins sculpt from Headplay and got it Monday--I've never seen the real thing in person, but the one I got looks pretty darn good. I will post some pics tonight. Could be a great alternative for the people who love the MMS220 body and outfit but aren't fans of the headsculpt!

Yeah, Kit is amazing. She takes care of her clients well :)

Oh man, please do post some pics of the headplay Origins sculpt! I got my eye on it, and your photos might just be what I've been waiting to convince me to click the buy now button!

Yeah, Kit is amazing. She takes care of her clients well :)

Oh man, please do post some pics of the headplay Origins sculpt! I got my eye on it, and your photos might just be what I've been waiting to convince me to click the buy now button!

I tried to get some pics from other forum members, but I might be one of the first ones to have their newest rendition with their new quality of paint aps. I'm really pretty impressed. I will say the eye color seems a little inhuman, but it adds an interesting 'wild' quality to the face that is very Wolverine-esque. I will post pics this evening--stay tuned!

I tried to get some pics from other forum members, but I might be one of the first ones to have their newest rendition with their new quality of paint aps. I'm really pretty impressed. I will say the eye color seems a little inhuman, but it adds an interesting 'wild' quality to the face that is very Wolverine-esque. I will post pics this evening--stay tuned!

Thanks buddy, will wait for it -- then I'll decide which one to buy :)

About the eye color, while I've not seen the authentic Origins sculpt I have seen claer/high-res photos of it from reviews online and I thought the eyes are a bit unnatural, but maybe we could credit that to HT's old painting technique and headplay tried to copy even that :)

Back